SNES Mini

deKay

Shitting bollocks! Bloody missed it! I've registered my interest on Nintendo's site and set up an email alert from Amazon, so hopefully the story about them producing significantly more units than the NES mini is true, and I'll be able to get one. Fingers crossed.

Surely they must be. I'd hope Nintendo are using this period to gauge numbers and be fully prepared for Christmas. However, this is the new world order we're living in.. they're just as likely to crank out an extra dozen and call it quits!

I got as far as getting one in my cart without issue around 19:50, but at the point of check out the Game website catastrophically fell over and has stayed dead ever since. Ah well, none for me!

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I wouldn't worry too much. My guess is the retailers have just pulled the plug as they're unsure they can guarantee the orders. Nintendo know how much people want this, they'll produce loads of them. They'd be mad not to. 

Yeah, at this stage retailers will have no idea how many they're going to get.

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I wouldn't worry too much. My guess is the retailers have just pulled the plug as they're unsure they can guarantee the orders. Nintendo know how much people want this, they'll produce loads of them. They'd be mad not to. 

Hopefully the hackers will wait a while before announcing they've cracked the SNES mini. Otherwise Nintendo will just stop production early again.

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I got as far as getting one in my cart without issue around 19:50, but at the point of check out the Game website catastrophically fell over and has stayed dead ever since. Ah well, none for me!

I ordered as a guest, PayPal'd and got confirmation, THEN then the site fell over because my email address is already linked to an account, but it can't send the password recovery code email...

I've had the exact same account bounce with game. But hopefully it went through. 

If if so I'll have two preordered. I'm not so certain we will have the same supply issues as last time, but if we do I'm happy to it pass on at cost on here. Least I can do, this wonderful place is why I got one in the first place! 

7 minutes ago, Djx said:

Hopefully the hackers will wait a while before announcing they've cracked the SNES mini. Otherwise Nintendo will just stop production early again.

I never saw that confirmed as the reason. It was always a limited run product.

Just now, KriessG said:

Yep and the press release says same will apply for this.

Much more stock available but it will still only be produced for a limited time.

5 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Yeah, the problem was they never said the NES was limited run until the run was over. 

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I'm telling you guys that flap opens. There's something in there.

Not too sure which flap you're talking about here, but I notice that the two front SNES controller ports are definitely fake - too shallow. I reckon that whole front tab lifts up to reveal NES Classic / Wii remote sized ports instead.

Just now, Let us measure said:

Not too sure which flap you're talking about here, but I notice that the two front SNES controller ports are definitely fake - too shallow. I reckon that whole front tab lifts up to reveal NES Classic / Wii remote sized ports instead.

It's the cartridge flap I'm thinking of, but that's a pretty good idea.