SNES Mini

deKay

5 minutes ago, clumpyjamie said:

I wasn't able to get one. Amazon ran out before I'd seen it and Game, Shopto and others crashed.

I got really close with Game - I kept refreshing and eventually I somehow had 10 in my basket. Obviously, it wouldn't let me buy 10 (and I didn't want 10) but when I tried to remove 9 of them, the site went down for me and I was back to zero. So frustrating.

If anyone still has the patience with the Game website it's still worth persevering with. Personally, I managed to add 1 to my basket at what must have shortly after 6:00pm, then battled with the Game website that constantly gave error messages (constantly hitting F5) before I was finally successful with the order being completed & having received confirmation emails at about 10:20pm.

20 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

Do smyths click and collect pre orders take money now or on the day of release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd like to know this too *edit* in Ireland at least it looks like you're charged on dispatch/collection 

2 minutes ago, shiffy said:

If anyone still has the patience with the Game website it's still worth persevering with. Personally, I managed to add 1 to my basket at what must have shortly after 6:00pm, then battled with the Game website that constantly gave error messages (constantly hitting F5) before I was finally successful with the order being completed & having received confirmation emails at about 10:20pm.

"We're currently undergoing maintenance"

50 minutes ago, footle said:

There would/will be loads. The only issue is that US stores haven't opened preorders so loads of US folk have tried to get UK ones.

Exactly. Nintendo learnt from the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition debacle and there were many more copies of the Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia Special Edition to go around. You can still buy it from Amazon.co.uk

If they've already started production of the mini-SNES, they should be able to ramp up. Some stores put up pre-orders today to gauge demand and sold out. Nintendo will have taken notice of this. Those online stores that sold out will get more stock too. 

The Verge notes Amazon.co.uk is not allowing shipments of the mini-SNES to the U.S. -

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/26/15875482/nintendo-snes-classic-mini-console-amazon-uk-preorder-pricing

If Amazon.co.uk end up cancelling a bunch of U.S pre-orders, it might not be until launch day.

It's not like it's every shop going that's sold out already. Just like 4 sites maxing out their preorders from their first allocation. We haven't heard about Tesco or Argos or any number of other retailers even getting their first shipment, nor indeed the Nintendo online store itself. There will still be plenty to be had beyond these initial few preorders from just four stockists. Keep the faith. Nintendo will want to spam the fuck out of everywhere in the run up to Christmas. There'll be plenty to go round.

5 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

It's not like it's every shop going that's sold out already. Just like 4 sites maxing out their preorders from their first allocation. We haven't heard about Tesco or Argos or any number of other retailers even getting their first shipment, nor indeed the Nintendo online store itself. There will still be plenty to be had beyond these initial few preorders from just four stockists. Keep the faith. Nintendo will want to spam the fuck out of everywhere in the run up to Christmas. There'll be plenty to go round.

I'd agree but Nintendo have planted the seeds of doubt with the NES Mini. For all intents and purposes, the NES Mini was a success as Nintendo sold every one they made. They just happened to sell most of them to scalpers. Not entirely their fault but people are taking no chances. America and Japan are still waiting on Switch restocks. It hasn't been so bad over here.

By the time the general public was aware of the NES Mini, it was too late for a lot of them to get one. I want to believe there'll be stacks and stacks of these for folks to impulse buy in the run up to Christmas but I thought the same of the NES Mini. The general public hasn't clocked on to this release just yet. When they do, let's all hope there will be enough made for all.  

Just missed out on Game. Almost got one, bank decided to block my card over a pound, just like Salsa. Now everytime I order one, it empties my basket due to demand.

Bah, really wanted one of these as well.