SNES Mini

deKay

9 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

I'm quite excited to recommend Eiji Aonuma's game (now fan-translated) 'Marvelous', because it's of an even quality to the top works of the SNES but will be unknown to a lot of you. 

I tried to play it but it doesn't work on the normal emulator and on retroarch it has sound glitches and lots of slowdown :(.

I'm up to 30 games on my mini now, don't think there's many more I'm bothered about adding. Allstars and SMW will last me a while anyway!

I've never played Shadowrun though... Should I be adding it to my Mini? 

Also, what's better, the Snes or (different looking) Megadrive version? Or are we comparing apples with oranges?

This hack really is very straightforward, even for a tech simpleton such as myself.

I now have way more games than I will ever play,  most of which are too hard for me now, many of which have dated badly but, still, that  feeling of pure nostalgia I get seeing all those games pumped out of that miniature SNES is unbeatable.:wub:

I had forgotten Sensi Soccer was available on SNES too!

I have 90-odd titles on my mini now, yesterday was fun trawling through 'best of' lists and remembering the old games that I definitely have in the loft.

Putting Megadrive titles on there feels a bit sacreligious, but its lovely to have everything in one place.  I could have Raspberry Pie'd all this months ago, but goodness it's nice in this format, very easy to do.

Has anyone tried out Final Burn?  I'd like to get some Progear and Battle Garegga going!

7 minutes ago, Stoikovich said:

I have 90-odd titles on my mini now, yesterday was fun trawling through 'best of' lists and remembering the old games that I definitely have in the loft.

Putting Megadrive titles on there feels a bit sacreligious, but its lovely to have everything in one place.  I could have Raspberry Pie'd all this months ago, but goodness it's nice in this format, very easy to do.

Has anyone tried out Final Burn?  I'd like to get some Progear and Battle Garegga going!

You really need a pi if you are going for other games than the SNES.

16 hours ago, the_debaser said:

For good platformers, I’d also go for Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose and Lion King. 

Both were unforgivably difficult but good fun. 

Tiny Toons is a great game but difficult? I'd be surprised if it took more than a few sittings to get through the entire game. Recently re played it and it's a great platformer, a few bits take a few attempts (ie the western stage) and the space opera stage is a pain until you know what you are doing.

Lion King, i remember that being a bit of a nightmare especially the later stages. Tiny toons is a much better game (or aladdin for that matter)

Roughly how long is FFIII to play through? I  started it on Friday and am of course charmed, but the only other FF rpg I’ve played is VII, which I put about 100 hours into. I don’t want to fall into that kind of hole again!

3 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I'm up to 30 games on my mini now, don't think there's many more I'm bothered about adding. Allstars and SMW will last me a while anyway!

I've never played Shadowrun though... Should I be adding it to my Mini? 

Also, what's better, the Snes or (different looking) Megadrive version? Or are we comparing apples with oranges?

I didn't see any other replies but the SNES iteration is brilliant, one of my favourites on the system.

The Megadrive game was completely different though, very good but a different game entirely.

I'd say stick it on.

6 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Roughly how long is FFIII to play through? I  started it on Friday and am of course charmed, but the only other FF rpg I’ve played is VII, which I put about 100 hours into. I don’t want to fall into that kind of hole again!

15-20 hours.

1 hour ago, Stoikovich said:

What you games have you got on it? 

49 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Everyone should play it at least as long as it takes to view the opera scene.

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Lion King, i remember that being a bit of a nightmare especially the later stages. Tiny toons is a much better game (or aladdin for that matter)

I played the Lion King the other day, it wouldn't be too bad if the collision detection was better, it's really terrible in some places.

5 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Hmm should i open my kids Christmas present and load it up with the rest of the classics or leave it vanilla?  I'm tempted to put a load of 2 player games on it so him and his brother can play. 

Definitely do that. :)

47 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Hmm should i open my kids Christmas present and load it up with the rest of the classics or leave it vanilla?  I'm tempted to put a load of 2 player games on it so him and his brother can play. 

You need to open it to test it works anyway.