IGNORED

SNES Mini

deKay

15 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Not overclocking but running Nachos 64gb.

Q. How do you turn the machine back on after you've powered it down through the menus?

I have to unplug the mains and then re-plug it in and the system auto boots. That's no way to live.

Ah I see, I've not tried a premade build.

I just don't turn it off, leave it sitting on OSMC ready for use (which is daily).

6 hours ago, milko said:

Gahhh, my HDMI switcher (Betron) doesn't like the SNES Mini. I actually once managed to get a picture for like a second... and if I switch off the console the 'SHUTTING DOWN' message will appear. But otherwise it doesn't seem to come through. If I plug straight into the TV it's all good.

Does anyone have any recommendations? 3 or 4 ports, please! Ideally not powered but maybe that's the problem so just 'definitely works with the SNES Mini' please.

Meanwhile, this hakchi thing is very smart isn't it.

I use this and it works fine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-SWITCH-input-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAHS5Q

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

I don't get the so called challenge to unlock Starfox 2.... You can practically sleep through that first level and it just gives it to you. Would have been way better if there was a decent challenge to aim for or not bother locking at all!

^ hasn't unlocked it...

10 hours ago, 11 Herbs 'n' Spices said:

I’ll add to the chorus of ‘ordered from

Amazon Prime Now, it arrived and it’s so tiny!’.

Good to hear that more NES Classics are being produced next year but I don’t really want another box under the telly.

I’ve heard the innards are the same so is it possible to load NES games into the SNES? 

Yes using RetroArch you can. I tested out Mario Bros the other day.

I'm trying to complete Super Mario World for the first time ever having completed most of the recent Mario games, without using the save states etc. Finally crumbled in Fort #7 last night. It wasn't that it was hard overall, just that there was no checkpoint through the level. So there's a quite hard until you learn it bit with those snaky brick things, a bit with Kamek being a random arsehole and then a boss fight. I think I had 50 goes before resorting to rewind. I hope to complete it now without cheating again and then I'll go back to that level and do it to clear my conscience a little! 

3 hours ago, Danster said:

I have this too and doubly confirm it works but do bear in mind it's a terrible design whereby each of the four sides has one port on it. It takes up way more space and is more of a hassle to keep your cabling tidy than it should be.

11 hours ago, milko said:

Gahhh, my HDMI switcher (Betron) doesn't like the SNES Mini. I actually once managed to get a picture for like a second... and if I switch off the console the 'SHUTTING DOWN' message will appear. But otherwise it doesn't seem to come through. If I plug straight into the TV it's all good.

Does anyone have any recommendations? 3 or 4 ports, please! Ideally not powered but maybe that's the problem so just 'definitely works with the SNES Mini' please.

Meanwhile, this hakchi thing is very smart isn't it.

I just bought that switcher on your recommendation elsewhere, and it works fine with my SNES mini?

32 minutes ago, carleton said:

I'm trying to complete Super Mario World for the first time ever having completed most of the recent Mario games, without using the save states etc. Finally crumbled in Fort #7 last night. It wasn't that it was hard overall, just that there was no checkpoint through the level. So there's a quite hard until you learn it bit with those snaky brick things, a bit with Kamek being a random arsehole and then a boss fight. I think I had 50 goes before resorting to rewind. I hope to complete it now without cheating again and then I'll go back to that level and do it to clear my conscience a little! 

To be fair that is probably the hardest fort. It took me several goes to finish it and i'd say i'm a fairly decent mario player.

7 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I just bought that switcher on your recommendation elsewhere, and it works fine with my SNES mini?

My recommendation? That's odd. Are you sure? I bought it on seeing a few posts here saying it was good, but I don't remember making any myself!

Still, if it works for you I'm a bit stumped. Maybe I need to try swapping a few cables but I'm doubtful that's the cause. That Neet thing the other guys recommend looks exactly the same thing from the shape and layout. Hmm.

19 minutes ago, milko said:

My recommendation? That's odd. Are you sure? I bought it on seeing a few posts here saying it was good, but I don't remember making any myself!

Still, if it works for you I'm a bit stumped. Maybe I need to try swapping a few cables but I'm doubtful that's the cause. That Neet thing the other guys recommend looks exactly the same thing from the shape and layout. Hmm.

Maybe it wasn't you then, not sure. I only got it on Monday.

And I also just realised that I've plugged my SNES mini direct, and it's my blu ray, laptop and Wii U going into the switch. So, all in all, I just spoke a massive load of crap! Sorry! ;(

Using hakchi2 what's the limit of ROMs in a folder?  I've kept the original 21 games and I've added around 50 more.  These additional ROMs appear alphabetically in a More Games folder (which I guess hakchi2 automatically created) then it cuts off with a weird folder name with the remaining ROMs in.

6 hours ago, carleton said:

Can't remember that fort off the top of my head but there's defo a few tough levels in there. My most deaths had to be on tubular for sure though. It's not even 'that' tough but it wrecked me haha

Ended up beating mario world last night, all 96 levels completed. Such a good game. 

I haven’t added any of the missing games yet, like Zombies, so I could focus on the games on the system.  Someone up thread said they would do it as a Xmas present to themselves. Seeing as I’ll only be playing Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein over November/December that seemed like a good plan, so kudos to whoever suggested that. 

16 hours ago, Isaac said:

Glad to see that this is getting restocked (relatively) quickly. Apparently CEX have reduced their trade in price down to £63 cash :lol: 

I hope they get burnt on all those units they paid £110 for.

CEX are giving £90 so not sure where you got £63 from.

Back to important matters, do Unirally, Stunt Race FX and Pilotwings work on it?