SNES Mini

deKay

23 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Nevermind, updated to Retroarch v1.0 and the sound issues have been fixed. Added the GBA games FF IV-VI, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, Tactics Ogre and Tales of Phantasia and I done adding games to the system.

How do you install games on Retroarch? Is it just the same as Snes games? I'd quite like advanced wars on there.

I didn’t even know that Macs could have Windows installed on them, TBH. Not something I’d personally ever do with mine, as I lack the level of skill required. Guess I’ll have to leave my Mini ‘vanilla’ – shame, as I liked the idea of having a mini box on which I could install most of my SNES/SFC collection for easy access.

1 minute ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I didn’t even know that Macs could have Windows installed on them, TBH. Not something I’d personally ever do with mine, as I lack the level of skill required. Guess I’ll have to leave my Mini ‘vanilla’ – shame, as I liked the idea of having a mini box on which I could install most of my SNES/SFC collection for easy access.

Macs are now using the same hardware as pcs, the only real difference is the os, and paying more :) 

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Post to a forumite? 

I love tennis games and it annoys me that there isn't a Virtua Tennis or Top Spin on the current gen consoles. I'm even more annoyed that Super Tennis passed me by during my childhood - what a game! It has so much depth and the timing aspect to it is incredibly engaging. I just wish I had people to play with as I imagine it's even better against people. It's genuinely as good as any tennis game I've played.

I still don't know how to properly serve and found this:

I'll never learn all of that. :lol: 

Edit: I do have a complaint, actually. I don't like that you sometimes can't see the bottom of the court. I'm not sure if that's the ROM or what, but it is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Worse than MAAAAN I JUST HAD A SHOWER from Turtles In Time?! :o

I don't know, but it was annoying enough to make me rage quit while playing tonight. I'm up to 5-6 but I'm not sure that I can face going back to it.

On 13/10/2017 at 18:37, the_debaser said:

Well that’s just sent me down a YouTube wormhole. :D

GnG is tough, but very do-able if you practice.  Games were definitely harder back then anyway, so it's not the big leap in difficulty that would get comparing it to a game today.

Has anyone here tried Space Ace for the SNES? I don't think it's possible to complete that.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Even using save states I struggle.

Anyone had any of the original games crashing? I reckon we’ve added about 15 games so at the wildest estimate we can’t have more than 40 on there. But today my wife was playing Super Mario World and the game just locked up. It let her reset back to the main selection hub/menu  and play something else but SMW itself stopped dead.