SNES Mini

deKay

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I love this thing more and more but there is one pretty big issue — I’m finding the controller damn uncomfortable.

Whatever you think of the games, modern controllers are much more comfortable.

I wanted to play with the SNES controller for authenticity, but since I switched to this, I haven't gone back. Already used it more than I ever did with the Wii.

SWIIVALUE42_l.jpg

My girlfriend has developed a solid DK Country addiction. She plays it sat in a cushion in front of the telly. She’s pretty fiery, and based on watching her attempting the mine cart level several times now, I am genuinely fearful for our antique Panny plasma.

EDIT: I’ve suggested using the rewind function, but she says it’s cheating. It’s doing my blood pressure no good at all.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

My girlfriend has developed a solid DK Country addiction. She plays it sat in a cushion in front of the telly. She’s pretty fiery, and based on watching her attempting the mine cart level several times now, I am genuinely fearful for our antique Panny plasma.

EDIT: I’ve suggested using the rewind function, but she says it’s cheating. It’s doing my blood pressure no good at all.

I played that (and DK Country 3) with my girlfriend a few weeks ago on my Super Famicom, and she absolutely hated it. :D Her face fell when she saw that it was included on the Mini.

We're a bit stuck for two-player games on the vanilla system at the moment. It's either games we've already played, or ones she won't play (Contra 3 and Street Fighter II Turbo). Apart from Kirby's Dream Course. Which we've been playing a lot. I honestly can't decide if it's a fun little curio, or something no better than some random Amiga freeware game from 1991.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Why don’t you play Secret of Mana together?

Could do. Did get round to playing my cartridge copy of it a couple of years ago, but being the Japanese version, it was honestly too much bother. So it's definitely on the list. Bit concerned about how much grinding there may or may not be in the game, mind. (Haven't played SoM since 1995, so my memory of the game isn't too precise.)

6 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

So, all those assurances that there'd be plenty of supply and that even if the shops run out, there's plenty of people on the forum with seven pre-orders each and everyone who wants one will be able to get one easily, don't worry about it...

Yeah, what the fuck happened there?

I think shit like this might be part of the reason why it's been so hard to find. I mean, not just the forum, even we couldn't ruin something this comprehensively on our own. There's plenty out there just now, they're just all in the hands of resellers.

8 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

So, all those assurances that there'd be plenty of supply and that even if the shops run out, there's plenty of people on the forum with seven pre-orders each and everyone who wants one will be able to get one easily, don't worry about it...

Plenty of supply in 2018. Fair few have offered and got rid of their spares to others on here though haven't they? My spare was taken up by a friend who's giving it to his kids for Xmas. That's what he reckons anyway, sure he'll have to show them how to do it ;) 

Actually, he probably will whether he wants to or not. It continues to surprise me just how rock hard and unforgiving a lot of these older games are, even the ones that are seemingly kid friendly licensed platformers and so on. Got a few of those to add on but ended up deleting them on the grounds of I don't want to put on loads of games, let alone a bunch that'll just frustrate. 

8 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

They were on Prime Now for for £69.99 last weekend. Anyone who has really wants one and has really kept their eyes open has one already.

1 minute ago, Rex Grossman said:

They were on Prime Now for for £69.99 last weekend. Anyone who has really wants one and has really kept their eyes open has one already.

Contrary to what Amazon might want you to believe, not everyone in the world has a Prime account. :lol:

I keep checking on Stockinformer but every time they're available for all of two minutes, I miss them.

I know a few people have been selling them for RRP on this forum but clearly not the dozens and dozens that seemed to be getting snapped up.

@freezycold had one going spare but seems to have vanished off the face of the earth and I haven't heard back from them. Anyone else got one to sell?

2 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

Contrary to what Amazon might want you to believe, not everyone in the world has a Prime account. :lol:

I keep checking on Stockinformer but every time they're available for all of two minutes, I miss them.

I know a few people have been selling them for RRP on this forum but clearly not the dozens and dozens that seemed to be getting snapped up.

@freezycold had one going spare but seems to have vanished off the face of the earth and I haven't heard back from them. Anyone else got one to sell?

I was using Prime Now as an example. And although not everyone in the world has a Prime account I bet everyone on this forum has a friend, relative, cellmate etc who does have a Prime account.

And if not they can take out a free trial to get their SNES Mini if it's that important a purchase.

1 minute ago, Rex Grossman said:

I was using Prime Now as an example. And although not everyone in the world has a Prime account I bet everyone on this forum has a friend, relative, cellmate etc who does have a Prime account.

Nope.

Actually, I do now; but I didn't last week when it was available. If it comes up again, I might be able to grab it. Fingers crossed.

Was it just an example or was it literally the only place it was available last week? It's available nowhere right now. I want one and I can't get one.

18 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

I can sort you out. Cost price plus postage (£5 for recorded delivery) Hit me up with a PM if you haven't already been offered one.

12 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

I've seen things come up on Twitter about availability but as I preordered two I've not been paying a huge amount of attention.

The Prime Now one was mentioned on this thread. It was in stock for about half a day.

Yeah, I've been following the thread as best as I can during work days, but SNES minis go out of stock in literally minutes!

Last available from Toys R Us at 3am this morning for a grand total of 9 minutes! :lol:

As mentioned, the Amazon offer was no good to me as I couldn't claim it at the time.

SteveH, you're a gentleman and a scholar. PM'd. :hat:

Just now, Sprite Machine said:

As mentioned, the Amazon offer was no good to me as I couldn't claim it at the time.

I'm sure if you'd asked in this thread if someone could get one for you it would've been sorted in no time. Look how quickly someone offered you one this morning.