SNES Mini

deKay

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:25, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

I reckon im with you on that, as my Ouya console is fine for Retoarch!

I know this is the SNES Mini thread so it's going a bit off-topic but I just wanted to say thanks for this.

I'd been intending to pick up a Raspberry Pi 3 for ages for emulation stuff, and had never even considered an Ouya. As luck would have it there was one in my local CEX this week for £22. Seems to do a good job and it works nicely with my 8bitdo SNES controller.

6 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

On the haxxor issue, only US NTSC ROMs can be added? Just wondering as I'd like to add some Super Famicom games (e.g. the Parodius series).

ALL ROMS can be used. My own one is a mix of US, EUR, and "JPN" roms

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

I know this is the SNES Mini thread so it's going a bit off-topic but I just wanted to say thanks for this.

I'd been intending to pick up a Raspberry Pi 3 for ages for emulation stuff, and had never even considered an Ouya. As luck would have it there was one in my local CEX this week for £22. Seems to do a good job and it works nicely with my 8bitdo SNES controller.

Excellent!  glad to put it out there :)

the Ouya even emulates the Dreamcast .. albeit a teeny bit shonky :lol:

I bought a SNES mini for my nephews birthday (age 4 and 6) and I'm thinking about which games would be good to add. I reckon most games are still a bit too hard for them so I'd like to add some kids friendly stuff. Any recommendations?

5 minutes ago, Sane said:

I bought a SNES mini for my nephews birthday (age 4 and 6) and I'm thinking about which games would be good to add. I reckon most games are still a bit too hard for them so I'd like to add some kids friendly stuff. Any recommendations?

Mario all stars

some of the cartoon platformers 

1 hour ago, Sane said:

1 hour ago, ulala said:

some of the cartoon platformers 

They're all fairly tough, I tried loads but on the plus side they do tend to have difficulty settings in the options that can be lowered.  A large part of that was actual signposting and trying to work out where you were even supposed to go at times, that really afflicts Lion King, Earthworm Jim, The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie, Mickey Mania, DKC3. 

Something like Goof Troop might be a bit gentler, Bomberman 2 should be alright. Asterix & Obelix maybe? Other than that there's Kirby Super Star, Yoshi's Island, DKC to be getting on with.

3 hours ago, Sane said:

Mortal Kombat and Pitfighter. 

3 hours ago, Sane said:

Power Rangers? It’s pretty poor though!

James Pond 2: Robocod

Lemmings

Krusty’s Super Fun House

edit: oh and Pocky and Rocky!

The latest Retroarch snes module seems great for filling the gaps where Canoe can't emulate properly (apart from the lack of rewind, which is fine).

However, anyone else have this bug?:

https://youtu.be/owULHM794Jc

Basically - if you restart a retroarch save using the rewind button 'x' (e.g. because you thought it was a Canoe game)... it launches the game no problem, but then hitting reset doesn't give you the save icon to further save your progress.

You mean there's not a consensus on this forum?!?! 

my god... i'm shocked.

Edit: I found this via a nice little search :

Any missing?

(For search: game list, best games, curated best games list, list listy list games list)

Super Mario All Stars

Super Tennis

Shadowrun

Pilotwings

UN Squadron

Mystical Ninja

Terranigma

Cybernoid

Harvest Moon

Actraiser

Super Bomberman

ISS Deluxe

Rock n Roll Racing

Axelay

Cybernator

Tiny Toons

Blackthorne

Plok 

zombies ate my neighbours 

dkc2

17 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

Any missing?

Super Mario All Stars

Super Tennis

Shadowrun

Pilotwings

UN Squadron

Mystical Ninja

Terranigma

Cybernoid

Harvest Moon

Actraiser

Super Bomberman

ISS Deluxe

Rock n Roll Racing

Yeah - Axelay! And Cybernator!

And, of course: ZAMN!

And: Tiny Toons!

And: Blackthorne!

God, there was some much good stuff.

25 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

You mean there's not a consensus on this forum?!?! 

my god... i'm shocked.

Edit: I found this via a nice little search :

Any missing?

Super Mario All Stars

Super Tennis

Shadowrun

Pilotwings

UN Squadron

Mystical Ninja

Terranigma

Cybernoid

Harvest Moon

Actraiser

Super Bomberman

ISS Deluxe

Rock n Roll Racing

Plok 

zombies ate my neighbours 

dkc 2

42 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

is there a defacto "the best games on SNES" list anywhere?

I don't want to just dump "all the Roms" onto it - but a definitive greatest hits would be welcome. I'd prefer forumites thoughts rather than a link bait article...

3 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I added Demon’s Creat last night... seems pretty good, like a slower paced Ghouls n Ghosts without the pants.

It's a slightly different format to G 'n' G since you're exploring a map and unlocking abilities that open up other paths. I've only played a bit of it in the past, but that and the Gargoyle's Quest games (on GB and NES) are quite fun. :)