IGNORED

SNES Mini

deKay

44 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

How much did they offer?

I got £90 for it which considering I didn't have to faff about with eBay and posting it and the associated risk I didn't think was too shabby. Seems like prices on selling sites are dropping too.

How could you sell this?! It’d be like selling a child. I love mine now, it’s just perfect. I’m about a third of the way through Zelda and have barely touched the other games, there must be 500 hours of gameplay on this system just with the included games.

I’ll never sell my little boy

49 minutes ago, Timmo said:

How could you sell this?! It’d be like selling a child. I love mine now, it’s just perfect. I’m about a third of the way through Zelda and have barely touched the other games, there must be 500 hours of gameplay on this system just with the included games.

I’ll never sell my little boy

I really didn't want to but it was part of the getting a Switch deal with my wife so the little guy had to go. The lure of Mario Odyssey was too much.

Finally, I've finished dicking about with this thing.

W5DEoKb.png

Couldn't deal with the inconsistency between all the boxart so took some from reddit (where someone had squarified the art) and got everything on the same sort of template. Fixed the few I wasn't happy with from that lot (DKC, Yoshi's Island, Chrono Trigger) and made my own where they didn't exist. Finally, Earthbound doesn't stick out like a sore thumb because it's in a completely different resolution to all the rest! I can die happy now.

QZYo9gl.png

1 hour ago, stefcha said:

Finally, I've finished dicking about with this thing.

W5DEoKb.png

Couldn't deal with the inconsistency between all the boxart so took some from reddit (where someone had squarified the art) and got everything on the same sort of template. Fixed the few I wasn't happy with from that lot (DKC, Yoshi's Island, Chrono Trigger) and made my own where they didn't exist. Finally, Earthbound doesn't stick out like a sore thumb because it's in a completely different resolution to all the rest! I can die happy now.

QZYo9gl.png

Any chance you could upload the covers for some your rllmuk friends?  :)

10 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Will do tonight, there'll be two sets one of which is the originals for direct replacement* and then a selection of other games, all of which are either directly from (with minor colour adjustment) or at least based on this guy's work on reddit. The latter lot might be in different sizes but don't worry if so, that's just because I manually resized one or two such as Chrono Trigger was always getting a bit blurry when Hakchi resized it for some unknown reason. I think I'll do the same in a more standard box format as well at some point, but these give a much better mini-icon view.

* this part is slightly more complicated than just saying "use this image" in Hakchi, but ultimately all you're doing is dragging the images from your PC to a folder on the SNES Mini, simple as that.

In detail, the filesystem where the original game icons live is read-only, you need to link another location to be used instead (the best solution actually makes use of a bind mount). I'd make sure you're running Hakchi 2.21f as it resolves some performance issues with earlier releases for a start. Then you'll need the following hmod and an FTP client:

https://github.com/DanTheMan827/custom_boxart.hmod/releases

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

I actually found that in the comments on reddit for another hmod that did the same sort thing, but far, far more inefficiently. The author of that seemed to get a bit uppity at this guy, who was only trying to help, but his code is miles better yet it remains a little hidden. Anyway, download the hmod and copy to the user_mods folder in your Hakchi install and there will now be a custom_boxart mod available under modules > install extra modules

image.png.979b7d3d1c776967964b4fd4aede1911.png

Add the custom_boxart mod from there and when Hakchi has done installing it enable the FTP server (Tools > FTP Server, might be enabled by default and you can see the full connect details there, username, password - clover - and so on) 

image.png.4f47dde4a5b03d6aacfca0b5e36e8755.png

Connect, nagivate to /var/lib/hakchi/boxart - a directory which the hmod created on install - in the right hand panel (remote site) then drag all the new versions of the original files from the left (local site, your PC) to that directory. Done, they'll show up on restart. Don't want them? Just delete them from that directory. Just want to replace the Earthbound abomination with something better sized? Put your version of those two files in there, only need to make sure they're using the correct internal ID as the filename for the game in question.

23 hours ago, rafaqat said:

I did some more messing about with them. The screenshots I uploaded make it look worse than it actually is for some reason, but even so they were ever so slightly dull (partly down to the template I was using) so I upped the saturation a tiny bit.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ze8sigPFuotIpgeAgx1NAWuODjwL19Ia

I think that'll work. Original games are all in a zip to be extracted then transferred as explained above. Boxart extras that match and can just be added via Hakchi are:

ActRaiser

Chrono Trigger

Cybernator

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3

Final Fantasy VI (for if you want to use the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition translation on the Japanese FFVI rom)

Goof Troop

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (this has a decent real names patch)

NBA Jam TE

Pilotwings

Sunset Riders

Super Bomberman 2

Super Mario All-Stars

Super Tennis

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Wild Guns

Yoshi's Island

Zombies (this is the UK boxart on top of a US template, hence no "Ate My Neighbours")

If you want any others, they're all taken from defkorns work on reddit and to make most of those match the above you'd largely just need to up the saturation of either the whole boxart or just the red SNES logo and red line at the top by 5 points in paint.net to get the same effect. Some, like the original DKC and Yoshi's Island I redid a fair bit, and even did some drawing that I'm quite proud of (bits of Yoshi's Shoes that were hidden behind removed foliage and one of DK's fingers that was missing from the source I used) :)