SNES Mini

deKay

Yes, 7 stores have stock.  (none of them less than 200 miles away from me!)

They pretty much all were in stock 15 minutes ago. They did keep dropping in and out though so maybe keep an eye on it during the day.

2 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

confirmation the front opens up:
original.jpg

And also those tiny cables again from the looks of it :( Wonder if those Wii classic controller extensions still on sale or did they sell out with the NES mini hype?

6 minutes ago, Zombait said:

And also those tiny cables again from the looks of it :( Wonder if those Wii classic controller extensions still on sale or did they sell out with the NES mini hype?

The cables are apparently 5ft. 

The nes mini mini cables were 3ft. 

14 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

I don't think it will be enough because of the scalpers and because limited supply is what is sending demand through the roof.

We should ask Mwaam how he scored those 35 Wiis at launch to sell at a vastly inflated price.

Frustrating that initial pre-orders are gone. I spent about 3 hours last night trying to make the Game website work. Had one in my basket for about an hour but it just refused to check out. Then I got a trolling email from Game this morning advising me that I'd left something in my basket and why not check out now. Of course it wasn't there when I logged in.

5 minutes ago, X_2_0 said:

Oh man I was going to order in Game today as I've store credit, can't believe they've gone already. 

Didnt they  only go up around 7 last night? 

They should have a store allocation too. Otherwise what's the point of them having a high street presence?

34 minutes ago, cubik said:

Smyths toys preorder for collection in store is now working. I've got one (hopefully)!

Thanks for the heads up, reserved one to collect this way but guess its just down now to store allocation and if I'm quick enough to pick one up. 

2 hours ago, Bastion said:

What games is the SNES Mini missing?

Only a couple for me: The Chaos Engine, and Plok obviously. Otherwise all good.

The following list is games that were, and still are, great. Most are third party yet some are not!

This is what I'd like, people will mention mega man yet I was never a huge fan.

Super Mario All Stars

Super Tennis

Shadowrun

Pilotwings

UN Squadron

Mystical Ninja

Terranigma

Cybernoid

Sim City

Harvest Moon

Actraiser

Flashback

Super Bomberman*

ISS Deluxe* ;)

NBA Jam*

NHLPA 93

Rock n Roll Racing

*Which brings me into Secret of Mana. This is a 3 player game! Where is the multitap support. All those with * are also 4 player.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

If you've ordered for store collection from Smyths they reserve it for a few days, giving you plenty of time to get it.

I've tried to order it doesn't seem to be working now?! Argh?! How do I do so.. :/

Just now, Dinobot said:

I've tried to order it doesn't seem to be working now?! Argh?! How do I do so.. :/

If you live in Northern Ireland they still have stock. I, like most people, will be waiting for the next wave of pre orders.

4 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Sim City would have been great, loved the SNES version.

Yeah, it was lovely how they added the Nintendo characters... :)

I was dropping subtle hints about getting this for Christmas (shouting 'DEAR SANTA' when I saw it announced) but by the sounds of it I'm only going to get hold of one if I keep an eye on availability myself. I'm glad it's the SNES model we got rather than the US purple one I saw in the initial news page about it, the PAL version is still one of the nicest looking consoles I've seen.

1 minute ago, DirkCrisis said:

Smyths teased me with the promise of a local store pickup then told me that it was sold out.

Same.

Also no complaints about the games list! Very happy! However there could be moar :D

Just now, Dinobot said:

Same.

Also no complaints about the games list! Very happy! However there could be moar :D

Give it a few weeks after the launch. I'm sure the hackers will be hard at work.