SNES Mini

deKay

9 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

Managed to get a preorder at smyths. Seems like it keeps popping into stock, worth a refresh or two.

Superb dude, edinburgh was listed as sold out but after seeing our post tried again and managed to bag one. YESSS. I'll be cracking mine open and sticking in a pi zero w and getting a couple of snes 8bitdo bluetooth pads.

Imagine if Nintendo marketed this properly to 20 and 30 somethings in the run up to Christmas and produced enough units to meet demand. "Play Super Mario World with your kids on Christmas morning and relive those childhood memories of yore, for less than £70." They'd make a killing.

It'll never happen though.

7 minutes ago, Clipper said:

My local smyths was listed as soldout at 9am and I checked just now and yes back in stock so preorder in!

I am guessing the individual stores have been given more allocation this morning?

You little ripper!

Norwich has just got a Smyths and PRE ORDER GET!

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

What games is the SNES Mini missing?

Only a couple for me: The Chaos Engine, and Plok obviously. Otherwise all good.

Inexplicably, nobody has mentioned Unirally yet. So, Unirally. Unirally is missing. 

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Man, where's the love for shooters? Everyone's mentioning their favourite title/genre which is missing and not one mention of a shumup. Looked at that way I guess Nintendo made the right choice. Which makes me sad!! :( I only wanted one Nintendo, jeez!

I do sympathise, but of all the 16-bits it is surely the weakest for shmups so I can sort of understand the exclusion.

Now, an equivalent Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini without shmups? Unthinkable!

(on a directly related note, if anyone would like to make a good quality Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini I would be all over that shit)

Still haven't managed to snag one. Sat for ages last night trying to get on Games website. Looking around the internet it's rather annoying at how many americans snagged Game ones, and more annoyingly still, want to keep their order so they have one of each design :/

4 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Inexplicably, nobody has mentioned Unirally yet. So, Unirally. Unirally is missing. 

I do sympathise, but of all the 16-bits it is surely the weakest for shmups so I can sort of understand the exclusion.

Now, an equivalent Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini without shmups? Unthinkable!

(on a directly related note, if anyone would like to make a good quality Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini I would be all over that shit)

Unirally was listed on page 2 as missing, I shed a tear when it was mentioned. 

27 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

Managed to get a preorder at smyths. Seems like it keeps popping into stock, worth a refresh or two.

YOU BEAUTY! Tried again and reserved at store! YESSSSSSSS <3

+1 +1 +1 +1

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I'm super pleased to have ordered one of these last night as it was my first, and still my favourite, proper console  but, really, I'd much rather have all these games running through VC on the Switch.

Don't worry, Nintendo will be selling them to us again via the Switch VC next year.

2 minutes ago, revlob said:

Smyths is now listing the price as £79.99. To be honest, I'm surprised they're not selling them for twice that.

Amazing. I got one at £69.99. Must have been just before the price went up, minutes ago!

4 minutes ago, revlob said:

Smyths is now listing the price as £79.99. To be honest, I'm surprised they're not selling them for twice that.

So it is!!

Maybe all the ones that people are getting now are peoples £69.99 ones that they've cancelled :blink:.

Did anyone manage to register their interest on the Nintendo store site? it's not working for me. 

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Unirally was listed on page 2 as missing, I shed a tear when it was mentioned. 

Ah, I did skip the first few pages last night, sorry! I just noticed the distinct lack of its mention since that question was pipped.