SNES Mini

deKay

Yeah I magically got a confirmation email! Great fun. Spend half my life on creaking websites trying to beat others to buy trainers or overpriced tshirts. So glad computer games falls into this category now too.

3 minutes ago, stefcha said:

They were only in the Jap version I think, the others being more generic. It's possibly the oddest omission given it's still a decent game and great in 2 player.

Never a truer word written. Gutted it didnt make it on,

42 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

That's the isometric one with DKC style graphics? Did it even come out over here?

Nope. I had a Canadian friend with a crazy cart converter in high school who lent me it. I'd spent months reading about it in Nintendo magazine and never understood why I couldn't find it in at shops.

anyway it's epic and easily one of squares best games

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

Hmmm, I preordered when it was 85 and have just checked my preorder and it seems to have automatically been reduced to 80. 

Their website is soooo slow. It could be all the SNES Mini interest or it could just be because it's Tuesday. They really do have the worst website ever, especially on mobile.

Weird. Mine was definitely 85 before I cancelled it. Maybe they're updating orders, very slowly. Nothing seems to happen quickly with ShopTo. :(

Rankles to see two Kirby games on there when one of the spaces could've gone to Chrono Trigger or Terranigma, but I guess they didn't want too many RPGs in the mix. 

Still too expensive for what it is. I would've bit at £50 but £85? You're approaching halfway toward a new console territory there. And yes, I'm sure me voting with my wallet will really hurt Nintendo's bottom line, lololol etc...

19 minutes ago, stefcha said:

They were only in the Jap version I think, the others being more generic. It's possibly the oddest omission given it's still a decent game and great in 2 player.

Pilotwings is the oddest of all. It's a bonafide SNES legend that showcases the variety the console offers.

6 minutes ago, DC07 said:

Pilotwings is the oddest of all. It's a bonafide SNES legend that showcases the variety the console offers.

Good point, but while it's an iconic title and was a showcase of what the SNES could do at the time I'm not convinced it holds up all that well as a game these days. 

1 minute ago, stefcha said:

Good point, but while it's an iconic title and was a showcase of what the SNES could do at the time I'm not convinced it holds up all that well as a game these days. 

I still fire the jap version up on my snes and it still plays very well. Especially the jetpack stages...

6 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

I still fire the jap version up on my snes and it still plays very well. Especially the jetpack stages...

I'm not saying Pilotwings is bad, but to a modern audience it's pretty brutal.

As a complete coincidence I completed it last week, having not played it when it was released. WTF are the helicopter sections about?

Just now, Soi said:

I'm not saying Pilotwings is bad, but to a modern audience it's pretty brutal.

As a complete coincidence I completed it last week, having not played it when it was released. WTF are the helicopter sections about?

I wouldn't say it was any less brutal than Super Ghouls n' Ghosts or Mega Man 2 etc.

Yeah, if you have never tried those before, they are a pleasant surprise, if a bit weird....

Just now, MattyP said:

Same here.. just got to work out how to connect it to a HDTV that only has HDMI and component inputs... hmmm....

Ouch.  There's probably leads around on Amazon, but I'm going to borrow my GameCube's lead, because I think the Multiout on the console end is the same.

How much are the King of Fighters and Street Fighter Zero cartridges worth these days do you reckon? Because I just found out that mother has flipped a job lot (including consoles and a ton of games) for £20.

1 minute ago, Tomdominer said:

I wouldn't say it was any less brutal than Super Ghouls n' Ghosts or Mega Man 2 etc.

Yeah, if you have never tried those before, they are a pleasant surprise, if a bit weird....

Fair points. I wonder what % of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts players ever get to Level 2...

Just now, mikeyl said:

How much are the King of Fighters and Street Fighter Zero cartridges worth these days do you reckon? Because I just found out that mother has flipped a job lot (including consoles and a ton of games) for £20.

You probably don't want to know! :( 

1 minute ago, Smoothy said:

Ouch.  There's probably leads around on Amazon, but I'm going to borrow my GameCube's lead, because I think the Multiout on the console end is the same.

Indeed the connector is the same for the 'Cube and the N64... problem is damn TV doesn't have scart sockets or composite video input... :(

Same here.. just got to work out how to connect it to a HDTV that only has HDMI and component inputs... hmmm....

Does it have composite sockets? If so grab a lead off eBay for a few quid or if it doesn't grab a composite to hdmi converter for a few quid as well

17 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

I think I might get out my actual Super NES out tonight...

I have a Super Famicom with a SD2SNES Flashcart w/ complete ROM set into a Framemeister using a custom made RGB cable. 

It sits under my TV and I use it frequently. 

I'm still super hyped for the SNES mini and must get one. 

9 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Excellent.  Might check and see if my Super Mario World save game is still there after 20 years...

Bet you it is! Mine was when I got it out to have a play on at Christmas. 95 levels, dammit!

4 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Bet you it is! Mine was when I got it out to have a play on at Christmas. 95 levels, dammit!

Took me and my sister about 2 years to finish the game when we were kids. Now i could probably complete it in 2 hours or so! (all exits). Such a great game.

17 minutes ago, Soi said:

Fair points. I wonder what % of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts players ever get to Level 2...

We did! Back at university when we had much more time, myself @X_2_0 and 2 others took shifts to complete various bits of it. To be fair, when you have to do the whole thing a second time through, they do at least give you a super weapon to blast through the levels to get to Sardius.

I saw an unboxed Super Ghouls n Ghosts cart at a video game fair earlier this year. It was £40 and I almost bought it (there was a boxed one for £55). Glad I didn't now.

3 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

We did! Back at university when we had much more time, myself @X_2_0 and 2 others took shifts to complete various bits of it. To be fair, when you have to do the whole thing a second time through, they do at least give you a super weapon to blast through the levels to get to Sardius.

I saw an unboxed Super Ghouls n Ghosts cart at a video game fair earlier this year. It was £40 and I almost bought it (there was a boxed one for £55). Glad I didn't now.

Chapeau!