SNES Mini

deKay

We don't know what will happen with stock in the future but i would advise everyone to order asap. I'm not into scaremongering but even if they produce more the demand will be even higher and scalpers/fans will try and buy as soon as possible. Just had a look on eBay and NES Mini's are going for over £160! I'm pretty sure that the SNES will be hard to get, if not even more difficult than the NES because of the recent hype around Nintendo.

Have most people managed to bag orders by now? Seems that way...

Notable sites that haven't yet opened pre-orders:

Tesco (& other supermarkets?)

Littlewoods - will likely overprice as they're the same company as Very

I don't think anyone will miss out. I have two on order (Amazon and Argos) - mainly because I want to keep one box fresh. I wont scalp if I change my mind, I'll either cancel or sell on here for cost price + postage (or trade).

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Got one in my basket at Argos but won't let me checkout.

try the "change address" button.

the check out became available after trying a different post code (work vs. home)

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Anyone ordered and paid from argos but not had an order confirmation or order shown up in your account? 

Yeah I got that. The confirmation page said it can't confirm whether my order has been processed yet. Worst confirmation page ever. 

Can everyone who has already preordered  loads of these stop preordering even more of them please? :(

2 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

So now it looks like I have secured one, do I need to buy a separate power cable?

It’s USB powered and should come with a cable, just no charger. Does your TV have a USB port? If not or you don’t want it to be powered that way, just about any phone charger should do the trick.

ruh-roh!

I set up a new email address, just for argos, but it's not working yet, so I went back into argos to check the order (I got my paypal pre-payment confirmation) and...

We've received your order. Please contact us to arrange your delivery

:unsure:

[edit]

ok, the link just takes me to the account homepage. Doesn't appear to be an actual "issue"... yet

but this is Argos. They have form for accepting orders, and then cancelling them, even going as far as suggesting alternative purchases.

Edited by SeanR
fuck argos, in their stupid fucking faces

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

ruh-roh!

I set up a new email address, just for argos, but it's not working yet, so I went back into argos to check the order (I got my paypal pre-payment confirmation) and...

[edit]

ok, the link just takes me to the account homepage. Doesn't appear to be an actual "issue"... yet

but this is Argos. They have form for accepting orders, and then cancelling them, even going as far as suggesting alternative purchases.

Same here...

7 minutes ago, SeanR said:

ruh-roh!

[edit]

I tried to place a pre-order using Paypal and it initially appeared to go through, though it was later cancelled. I tried again with a credit card and that went through and I have an order email and order number. 

Seen as I have my Amazon pre-order.. I don't need my Smyths pre-order. 

Does anyone know how to cancel this? There's no option and I can't find anything via search. 

I have no interest in keeping the pre-order, it's for collect in a city miles away so easier just to cancel it and let someone else make use of the stock. 

my address in my account is in twice, correctly, as delivery and billing.

so why does my order look like this:

argos1.JPG.9be5fcab7e6587256eedf04e65444add.JPG

missing the street name. Now, the post code on the next line is fine, so delivery should be possible, but I can see argos going

"there was a problem with the delivery address, and now we're out of stock, sorry (not sorry)"

Yeah, that's how paranoid I am about Argos fucking everyone in the arse. They do this, same with their "mis-priced" items...

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

Seen as I have my Amazon pre-order.. I don't need my Smyths pre-order. 

Does anyone know how to cancel this? There's no option and I can't find anything via search. 

I have no interest in keeping the pre-order, it's for collect in a city miles away so easier just to cancel it and let someone else make use of the stock. 

what city? maybe someone on the forum can take advantage of it?