SNES Mini

deKay

1 hour ago, Danster said:

Argos have stock... go go go!

36 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I got one!!! Thank you. :D

31 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

Got one. : D We'll see if it gets cancelled I suppose. 

Do you guys know if Argos charge now, or nearer dispatch?

Don't want to go through the fuss if they cancel and have already taken the money!

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

Don't want to go through the fuss if they cancel and have already taken the money!

I paid by Paypal and it is currently "Pending" on my account, if that helps?

45 minutes ago, sprite said:

They charge on order, I was one of the previous wave of Argos orders and they've taken mine.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

This could be genuine stock!

I hope so! I only checked rllmuk this morning because of a last minute emergency piss before going to work. 

If the order goes through it'll be like a fairy tale.

18 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

I hope so! I only checked rllmuk this morning because of a last minute emergency piss before going to work. 

If the order goes through it'll be like a fairy tale.

I didn't even want one of these until Danster said stock was available, then all of a sudden it became a thing I MUST HAVE.  I'm supposed to be saving money.  I look at this as an investment. 

I hate this place.

(I love this place).

I really reckon that stock will be much easier to come by than the Nes Mini.  I fully expect these to be available to buy in shops in the run up to Christmas although since they are only making a limited quality they will eventually dry up like the Nes Mini. 

23 minutes ago, Charles said:

I really reckon that stock will be much easier to come by than the Nes Mini.  I fully expect these to be available to buy in shops in the run up to Christmas although since they are only making a limited quality they will eventually dry up like the Nes Mini. 

I think the hype will remain though. They'll sell out quick in store too.  People have learnt from the NES Mini. If you want one get one quick or they'll go.  Even if you don't really think you need one, get one quick as they seem to be r@re!!!111

Ebay is a strange one.  This one went for £75 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-SNES-pre-order-LAST-FEW-AVAILABLE-/263075193823?hash=item3d4080e3df:g:oZEAAOSwbiFZXSLV - so the seller made a loss after postage costs and ebay/paypal fees whilst this one made a profit (£129) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-NINTENDO-CLASSIC-MINI-SNES-CONSOLE-/253031702653?hash=item3ae9dd607d:g:5XcAAOSwOMdZXm8q.  Although given that they may have paid £70, they incurred £15 of Ebay and Paypal fees and postage will be at least a £5 it works out as a £40 profit.  

Not that I'd encourage people to do this but if these sellers wanted to speculate I'd wager they would have been better off sticking a new unused Snes Mini in a cupboard for a few years and then list it.  Although further down the sold page someone sold one for £190 so who knows what's going on.  I want to be angry at the sellers but if people want to pay these inflated prices rather than set up a stock checker or see upon release if it is available then they bring it on themselves really. 

Just ben on my Argos Order page

Anyone else see "We've received your order. Please contact us to arrange your delivery" - is this standard for Argos pre-orders?

If I click the link it just takes me to their Help page.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

Just ben on my Argos Order page

Anyone else see "We've received your order. Please contact us to arrange your delivery" - is this standard for Argos pre-orders?

If I click the link it just takes me to their Help page.

I was in the first round of Argos pre-orders and it did the same thing after taking payment. I ignored it and after a day or so the status flipped to 'sit tight and wait - you don't need to do anything' or something similar. 

6 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Reassuring! Looks like it's actually happening...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=623a6d56661830bcIMG_0770.PNG.f54f3308086edb24366e6ed3a77717b2.PNG

Just got one of these too.

Now at what point do I need to fess up to my husband that I've done this?  September 29th?