SNES Mini

deKay

Just watching an unboxing video of this and apparently the UK version doesn't come with an AC adapter - was that already known? Bit annoying. I guess most people have a plug with a USB port lying around but I don't think I have a spare one I can dedicate to this yet.

14 minutes ago, Majora said:

Just watching an unboxing video of this and apparently the UK version doesn't come with an AC adapter - was that already known? Bit annoying. I guess most people have a plug with a USB port lying around but I don't think I have a spare one I can dedicate to this yet.

Yes this has been said by Nintendo somewhere.

They're a few quid on ebay.

35 minutes ago, Majora said:

Errr you plug a usb lead into the Switch dock obv!

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Errr you plug a usb lead into the Switch dock obv!

I'm gonna use a USB port on a current console, for sure.

OR...

something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Switched-Charger-Trailing-Protected/dp/B01MFACNCM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1503408293&sr=8-4&keywords=trailing+socket+usb

3f1f8089fa852356d0085b2c748e36f5--britis

(for illustrative purposes)

4 hours ago, Majora said:

With my NES Classic, I just plug it into the USB port on my TV.  Hopefully the SNES will work the same way.

8 hours ago, Majora said:

Nintendo Store also has their official USB plug for £7:99 -

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-classic-mini-accessory/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system-power-adapter/11363926.html

10 hours ago, RaoulSilva said:

I am aware of this, just wondered if places like Argos will be different as I was hoping they might only allow preorders a day or two before.

As Freezy says, specifically Argos is a no, my pre-order from the initial batch was also with them.

12 hours ago, probotector said:

It's a shame that everyone inc Nintendo are scalping on the SNES.

I feel less guilty flipping 3 of mine now. 

Amazingly that doesn't actually hurt Nintendo but does make things difficult for other fans. I'm not sure it justifies your actions in the way you think.

20 hours ago, Majora said:

Surely your TV has a USB port? Use that.

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Surely your TV has a USB port? Use that.

I didn't even think of that to be honest. Can a TV provide enough power for this though? I know some electronics can't be powered by the USB socket in a TV because the power it can supply via USB is relatively low.

Can't believe how bad the official Nintendo shop/website is. The card I gave them when I placed a preorder for a SNES Mini had to be cancelled because of fraud, so I removed it from their website but couldn't find anywhere to add a new card.

I emailed them and they've just got back to me to say that it's impossible to change card details on a pre-order, so despite knowing a month in advance that payment will fail, there is nothing they can do and I will have to let it fail and then hope I can update my card details in time to still secure the pre-order.

Luckily I kept my ShopTo preorder but still. What a ridiculous system in 2017.

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

All-Stars is no where near as good as the NES/Famicom originals. 

I guess in the UK we have more of a fondness for it as it was often the first time we'd playing the OG Mario games. 

Pretty much (I played them after the N64). But I do appreciate the SNES visuals and soundtracks, too.