IGNORED

SNES Mini

deKay

5 minutes ago, meatbin said:

With this type of mod, are the extra games added to the system's OS or do you have to use a different boot menu?

From what I saw it uses the same menu. I think folders for games were added due to the amount that was all.

good news everyone!

I got an email from Very(.co.uk) and they're happy to announce that

the below item you ordered on 29/06/2017 is right on track for its original delivery date of 29/09/2017.

Item No: LR4UC
Description: Classic Mini: Super Nintendo E

yay!

Tesco, Game, and Toys R Us have been less than forthcoming about my orders, but VERY and (obviously) Amazon have been good in terms of updates and order management.

Wait, is that FIVE pre-orders? Sheeeeeeeeeet...  :facepalm:

anyway, whenever the N64 mini is announced, what happens over the next couple of days, leading to release, could well decide who I do and don't order it from.

48 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Tesco, Game, and Toys R Us have been less than forthcoming about my orders, but VERY and (obviously) Amazon have been good in terms of updates and order management.

Wait, is that FIVE pre-orders? Sheeeeeeeeeet...  :facepalm:

anyway, whenever the N64 mini is announced, what happens over the next couple of days, leading to release, could well decide who I do and don't order it from.

What are you going to do with the extra four ?

I purposefully ignored this when it was announced because I knew it was going to be so tricky to get hold of, which was.. counterproductive, in retrospect. However picking up the new/old Super Play has made me really want one: is there anywhere I should keep an eye on for possible stock coming in, or extra pre-orders coming available? Long shot I know..

10 minutes ago, jonny_rat said:

I purposefully ignored this when it was announced because I knew it was going to be so tricky to get hold of, which was.. counterproductive, in retrospect. However picking up the new/old Super Play has made me really want one: is there anywhere I should keep an eye on for possible stock coming in, or extra pre-orders coming available? Long shot I know..

Looks like SeanR will have a few :)

21 hours ago, sexton_hardcastle said:

In more anecdotal evidence, the vast majority of kids at my school (amongst other friends) all had NES's. The branding seemed to be everywhere and the prominence in the CVG magazines of the day was certainly very high. The country went on lockdown when Super Mario Bros.3 was being released! I always find it very strange when I continually read on here that the NES was a non-entity back in the day

Quite. The NES was pretty popular around the same time as the Amiga, late 80s early 90s. Most people were convinced back then that Bionic Commando was the best thing ever. 

3 hours ago, jonny_rat said:

Keep yer eye on this:

https://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes

In stock at Smyths right now seemingly!!!!1

Got this text today 

Your debit or ATM card for account ending 436 is due to expire. A replacement will be despatched within 24 hours. Please contact us with any queries.

My Pre-order(s)! 

I better still be able to get this. 

1 hour ago, jimmbob said:

SNES minis for everyone! And with that I'm sure all those with 14 preorders have rushed off to cancel 13 of them...

I've got two in place, just to make sure I got one.  If both come off I think a friend wants the spare, if not it will be offered on here at cost price.