rllmuk
deKay

SNES Mini

I think the first thing I'm going to do when it arrives is boot up Secret of Mana and listen to the title screen music :wub:

After that, I'll play whatever I fancy at the time. Probably not an RPG though. Kinda feeling like it might be F-Zero

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

No more news from Shopto order yet. What is RRP price for SNES Mini. 

Officially, Nintendo don't "do" RRPs.

In reality, of course they do, and their own webstore sold the thing for £69.99.

A combination of boredom and my mate telling me he'd had the text from Argos made me check via live chat where I was told this. Not sure I believe it.

argos.png.e80a3cbcc0ac56a927f626cda1c66f8c.png

No power supply and spoiler alert for those wondering about the emulation of Yoshi's Island...

'Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy' does not emulate correctly. :( The pixellation effect doesn't occur and the background disappears for a split-second. The wavey effect is otherwise intact.

Is there an official PSU, one that looks SNES themed? A bit sad I know but it'd be better than a generic USB charger.

If it has no power supply how does it work? Magic Nintendo?! MAGIC?!

2 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Still waiting for Tesco to dispatch.  Anyone else got an email from them?

Nothing here yet. Hoping for one soon, so I can fall ill on Friday. 

12 minutes ago, probotector said:

Haters can neg me all they like, but Amazon confirmed delivery for Saturday!

The SNES is my all time fav console! I can't wait! 

Why would anyone hate you for that?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Why would anyone hate you for that?

Because he has pre ordered a dozen of the things and hasn't been quiet about his plan to sell them for profit.

• Upvote 1

Gamexplain comparison of 3 games (Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island & Starfox 1) running on a SNES Mini & on an Original SNES.

The Mini looks brighter, but is that because of HDMI, or because of TV settings?

Apparently the SNES Mini video output is brighter and the sound a bit harsher - although I wouldn't necessarily trust the average US comparison video unless they're explicit about how the video from the real SNES is being captured. They never really had RGB connections / compatible TVs across the pond so something like composite video might be a more likely comparison point.

With regards to the differing visual effects on the SNES Mini version of Yoshi's Island, that's probably more likely to be due to deliberate modification of the ROM and / or a system setting toggle than straight up poor emulation, judging by some of the differences observed between the original and NES Mini versions of NES games.

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Shut up! They've taken my money!

Looks like my Nintendo order will be all good. 

Just checked paypal & same for me. No email confirmation yet though?