SNES Mini

deKay

22 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Not that I have any intention of doing so you understand, but from what I heard it isn't that hard to 'update' a NES Classic Mini with whatever Roms you choose, so you might be able to do the same with this.

So this is just £80 for the console with 20 fixed games? And no way to officially expand of your collection?

Holy shit, offline for a few hours and this happens!! I've always loved the SNES just the look of it alone lol and the chance of owning a mini HDMI enabled one with Earthbound, Star Fox 2 , Mario RPG et al WOW:wub: I've gotta have it, I mean just look how cute it is. So it has proper SNES controller ports then? If the bundled joypads have short wires you could use your old original one, that'd be ace :D

snesmini.jpg

I have no nostalgia for the NES at all so missing out on the NES Mini wasn't a problem but this machine hits all my nostalgia buttons. Nostalgic to 2000 when I picked up a second hand machine from a used game store that is long gone along with F-Zero and Yoshi's Island.

33 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Literally preordered one so I can sell it muahahahaha

The tots awesome thing about this is that I can't even pre-order one for my son because its already showing as sold out, partly because of resellers like you! Wicked cool!

Can we set something up where those with multiple pre-orders can help out those who missed out? A waiting list or something?

I *may* have ended up with two pre-orders (not sure the shopto one went through or not). 

Would be v happy to keep it and then sell on to a forumite at cost if I do end up with two - although maybe it should be restricted to supporters/min. post count perhaps to avoid random people taking advantage?

3 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

Can we set something up where those with multiple pre-orders can help out those who missed out? A waiting list or something?

I *may* have ended up with two pre-orders (not sure the shopto one went through or not). 

Would be v happy to keep it and then sell on to a forumite at cost if I do end up with two - although maybe it should be restricted to supporters/min. post count perhaps to avoid random people taking advantage?

I'd say to anyone with multiple preorders: keep 'em. You'll not struggle to find someone willing to take any extras you end up with off your hands.

By now the scalpers will have their bots refreshing every site selling these, ten times a second. The moment more stock becomes available you can count on it vanishing within minutes.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll shift easily. It was more wondering whether we can do it in a more orderly (fair?) way than putting in the trading folder. 

I got lucky with when I checked Discussion and saw this thread. If I've checked 30 mins later and missed out I'd have been gutted. Same applies with the trading folder.  

Many Nintendo fans all over the world, unfortunately, missed out purchasing the brilliant NES Classic Edition. This was mostly due to stock shortages that were experienced from launch right through to when Nintendo discontinued production. It would seem as Nintendo have taken this on board and they will be shipping more units of the Super NES Classic Edition.

A statement provided to IGN by a Nintendo representative explains that Nintendo:

“will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition”.

This will be great news for everyone, however, it’s worth noting that Nintendo will only be producing the console for a limited time and the company declined to provide specific numbers.

In another statement to IGN, Nintendo stated:

“Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year,”.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/26/nintendo-plans-on-shipping-significantly-more-super-nes-classic-edition-units-than-the-nes-classic-edition/

I'm going to keep my 3 preorders in place but I don't expect them all to be fulfilled. 

If I end up with three I'm definitely keeping one for myself and one might be going to my brother who was unable to get a preorder. The third I'm thinking about reselling like a scalping wee cunt (if there's a demand for it) but only so I can then buy the NES Mini from another scalping wee cunt because I missed out on that. 

You fuckers with your 19 preorders. That's why the rest of us can't get one. I go to play a game for less than an hour and amazon start preorders and then run out. Sounds like Nintendo are following the usual playbook.