rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Qazimod

PS Plus July 2017 (4/7/17) - Until Dawn, GoT Telltale, That's You, Tokyo Jungle, Darkstalkers, Don't Die Mr. Robot, Element4l...

Until Dawn – PS4

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4

That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)

Tokyo Jungle – PS3

Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3

Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)

Element4l – PS Vita

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/28/your-playstation-plus-games-for-july-are-until-dawn-thats-you-and-game-of-thrones/

UD is a nice inclusion - the gameplay always interested me and it sounds like it lends itself to replays... :) 

• Upvote 8

Got the 2 PS4 ones.

Until Dawn is a good little romp. GoT quickly becomes "Press A to suffer. or B to suffer"

• Upvote 2

Until Dawn is a brilliant freebie - it's the kind of thing you'll probably only play through once, but it's so much fun.

What's That's You?

• Upvote 1

HOLY SHIT! That is a hell of a month. 

I urge you all to get on Don't Die Mr Robot, it is one fantastic game. 

Can't wait to finally play Until Dawn for myself. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, K said:

Until Dawn is a brilliant freebie - it's the kind of thing you'll probably only play through once, but it's so much fun.

What's That's You?

That’s You:

As a special post-E3 treat, from 4th July PlayStation Plus members will also be able to download That’s You as part of their membership.

In this irreverent party quiz – the first release from the new PlayLink range – you and up to five of your friends and family get to find out what you really think about each other. With your TV, PS4 and a tablet or smartphone in hand, answer over 1,000 funny questions, take part in daring doodle challenges, snap selfies for photo challenges and more.

The better you know your fellow players, the more points you’ll pick up.

• Upvote 2

Whoa. This is what having a subscription should be like.

Does this only apply to the UK or does Australia have it's own games. Quite keen to play Until Dawn and Darkstalkers.

10 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Can't wait to finally play Until Dawn for myself. 

Based on what you said in the FMV thread, I think you'll love it. Although, I'm ashamed to say I never finished it myself.

3 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Based on what you said in the FMV thread, I think you'll love it. Although, I'm ashamed to say I never finished it myself.

Yeah, when I watched the GB Playthrough of it, it seemed like a FMV game but done with 'video game' graphics. 

Can't wait. Going to try and convince the better half to play through with me. 

Until Dawn is a great game. And absolutely perfect to play with non gaming other halves etc

Quite pleased with GoT, not played it, I love Telltale when they are on form and even when they aren't , it an easy way to spend an evening or two.

I'll try to get the Mrs to play thorough UD with me, but she's a big baby so I doubt she will (and I'm too much of a baby to play it alone).

Where does GoT sit on the Tell Take janky scale? And is that robot game the one where you just have to avoid everything?

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

Where does GoT sit on the Tell Take janky scale? 

I didn't find it that janky on PC.

But I think it's one of their weakest. Every choice is just different ways to suffer, and it's more obvious that others that choices mean little against the grand narrative...(until the sequel?)

• Upvote 1

Played and sold Until Dawn at launch but very happy to have it again. I have a fairly new flatmate who's really into horror films and it'll be perfect to play through with him.

Probably won't bother with GOT as I don't watch the show. I know nothing about Don't Die Mr Robot but the praise in here has me interested.

Until Dawn is one of the best freebies PS Plus has had in a while. Seriously one of my favourite games on the console. I'm still hoping for a sequel.

6 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Wow. Great lineup of games I haven't tried. Been wanting to play Tokyo Jungle for a while!

Good enough for a Plus Cast reunion ;)

• Upvote 2

Very excited for Until Dawn. Then realised it will probably take me a week to download. Still a helluva month.

Until Dawn was my GOTY, fantastic game.

Looking forward to giving Game of Thrones a whirl, been eyeing that up in the Steam sale.

Is GoT an adventure game like Sam & Max or Back to the Future, or a QTE shitfest like Minecraft Story Mode?

Until Dawn is great. I played it at launch and really enjoyed the story and gameplay - will be interested to see if boost mode on PS4 Pro helps with the strange frame issues that were pretty constant throughout.

It's juxtaposition month, Until Dawn is one of, if not the best, of these choose your own adventure type games. Game of Thrones is one of Telltale's worst post-Walking Dead games, it's relentless nihilism and reliance on shock value soon wears thin.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Is GoT an adventure game like Sam & Max or Back to the Future, or a QTE shitfest like Minecraft Story Mode?

Its in the Walking Dead/Tales from the Borderlands/Wolf Amongst Us modern Telltale style rather than the point and click style older ones.

So definitely closer to Minecraft Story Mode than the Sam and Max games

30 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Its in the Walking Dead/Tales from the Borderlands/Wolf Amongst Us modern Telltale style rather than the point and click style older ones.

So definitely closer to Minecraft Story Mode than the Sam and Max games

But are there puzzles and stuff? Items to use? People to get info from? Minecraft Story Mode was 95% QTEs, 4% combat.