IGNORED

8bitdo

Mentazm

Hi Popo,

I can confirm that both my 8Bitdo controllers, SF30 Pad and N30 arcade stick do still work with my switch running the new Switch firmware that was out last week (around the time Odyssey launched).  With the previous switch firmware release (4 if i remember correctly) I did have to update the 8bitdo firmware before I could connect the controllers but not this time.  Each and every time Nintendo update the firmware I do find I have todo a full restart/shutdown of the switch and make sure the 8bitdo controllers are switched off (hold start on them). I then go into the change grip order section of the switch menu, hold y on the 8bitdo controller and press start to turn them on in switch mode. If I remember correctly occasionally if it doesn't work I may back out of the change grip screen, go back in and try again.

Hope that helps, good luck getting them synced again!

2 hours ago, Flockheart said:

Hi Popo,

I can confirm that both my 8Bitdo controllers, SF30 Pad and N30 arcade stick do still work with my switch running the new Switch firmware that was out last week (around the time Odyssey launched).  With the previous switch firmware release (4 if i remember correctly) I did have to update the 8bitdo firmware before I could connect the controllers but not this time.  Each and every time Nintendo update the firmware I do find I have todo a full restart/shutdown of the switch and make sure the 8bitdo controllers are switched off (hold start on them). I then go into the change grip order section of the switch menu, hold y on the 8bitdo controller and press start to turn them on in switch mode. If I remember correctly occasionally if it doesn't work I may back out of the change grip screen, go back in and try again.

Hope that helps, good luck getting them synced again!

Yes that really did help! The only thing I didn’t try was shut down (not restart) the Switch. This was enough to get the 2 talking it seems!

many thanks indeed for your musings!

• 3 months later...

Has anyone ever had trouble with the SF30 typing letters when it's in Xinput mode? Mine has just started doing it for no apparent reason. I've updated the firmware and everything and it's making it very hard to use. I can't navigate Windows with it any more because "a" and "b" now return the keypresses as well as the relevant Xbox pad button.

Edit - Never mind, I misunderstood what Steam's gamepad integration was doing and let it run roughshod over my PC.

• 1 month later...

What are the dpads like on these? I've been playing a fair few shmups/fighters on the Switch and have found both joycons and pro controller a bit lacking in that department. Did have a scan of the thread, so apologies if this has been answered already!

• 1 year later...