rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

15 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Cool ! 

Got to watch the movie, trailers looked great. You recommend it ? 

Absolutely, it's a great film about an often untold story - as it focuses more on unsung hero test driver Ken Miles working with Carroll Shelby and Ford than anything else. The racing in it is decent. Some details feel odd or out of place, but as a whole it really works.

If you loved Rush, you'll probably like this too.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Forum racing again tonight! Be there at 8:30 PM UK time for online action.

I'm still not in the best of places but really want to try to race again - if only one or two races. (Finally able to see a therapist tomorrow so that should help to gain some perspective.)

And having seen Le Mans '66 (a.k.a. Ford v Ferrari) last weekend I'd love to kick things off with some N300 and N400 to allow Shelby Mustangs and Ford GT40's :)

I'm hoping to be on but don't have the credits for either car

5 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Forum racing again tonight! Be there at 8:30 PM UK time for online action.

I'm still not in the best of places but really want to try to race again - if only one or two races. (Finally able to see a therapist tomorrow so that should help to gain some perspective.)

And having seen Le Mans '66 (a.k.a. Ford v Ferrari) last weekend I'd love to kick things off with some N300 and N400 to allow Shelby Mustangs and Ford GT40's :)

I wont be on tonight but hope everything settles down mate. Looking forward to some races over christmas

2 hours ago, wev said:

I'm hoping to be on but don't have the credits for either car

You can pick similar (classic) cars in the class so we'll accommodate all players :)

1 hour ago, PeteBrant said:

I wont be on tonight but hope everything settles down mate. Looking forward to some races over christmas

Cheers Pete, hope to race you again soon.

Running at about 4meg on the current internet connection, I'm also full of cold so I'll sit this one out tonight.

However, for the time trial crew, it's BATHURST if you fancy it. Going to try for 2:12

• Upvote 1

Don't suppose anyone has the replay from race 1 tonight?

I was so agonisingly close to my first win! Got my first pole position though and that Datsun has had 3 podiums from 3 races now.

Thanks again for hosting @McSpeed hope tomorrow goes well for you.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, wev said:

I was so agonisingly close to my first win! Got my first pole position though and that Datsun has had 3 podiums from 3 races now.

Here you go:

Replay files of both races are published to my GT activity feed. Friends only so make sure you have me added if you want to grab them. 

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the races last night everyone ! 

Had a massive brain fart at the start of the first race. Played a bit of WipEout in the afternoon and for some reason my brain figured the best way to start was not pre-rev, just hit throttle the moment the lights go out. Unlike WipEout, GT doesn't give you a boost of the line and when you do it in a forty y/o Ford with extremely long gearing it doesn't exactly make for a great start :lol: Fortunately my car appeared quite a bit quicker on the straights compared to the Mustangs so was able to catch up and have some nice battles. 

12 hours ago, wev said:

That Fugu Z is a fantastic little machine, great fun to drive as well. Wouldn't mind a repeat of this class/ group next week tbh.  

13 hours ago, marsh said:

Running at about 4meg on the current internet connection, I'm also full of cold so I'll sit this one out tonight.

However, for the time trial crew, it's BATHURST if you fancy it. Going to try for 2:12

Get well soon Marsh ! 

Had another go at Interlagos in the gr1 TT after forum races ended but couldn't get more then 3 tenths of my time. Maybe also set a more respectable time for Bathurst white i'm at it... 2.22 :blush:

13 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Thanks for the races last night everyone ! 

Had a massive brain fart at the start of the first race. Played a bit of WipEout in the afternoon and for some reason my brain figured the best way to start was not pre-rev, just hit throttle the moment the lights go out. Unlike WipEout, GT doesn't give you a boost of the line and when you do it in a forty y/o Ford with extremely long gearing it doesn't  

Get well soon Marsh ! 

Had another go at Interlagos in the gr1 TT after forum races ended but couldn't get more then 3 tenths of my time. Maybe also set a more respectable time for Bathurst white i'm at it... 2.22 :blush:

Broadband engineer on site and were back at 40meg. I fancy a bit of retro action at goodwood perhaps mustangs vs mini's?

I'll be having another swipe at that interlagos lap, try and stay in the to 1000!

On 19/11/2019 at 11:56, marsh said:

I'll be having another swipe at that interlagos lap, try and stay in the to 1000!

Had another few goes at Interlagos but all of my gains were in the tenths/hundreds so think i reached my limit on this one. Your Bathurst time is starting to give me nightmares though.. good thing the races are so much fun, they help alleviate the frustration build up from the TT. 

2 minutes ago, Batmobile said:

Going to spent a lot of time in the hills of Monterey.

Will try to watch the final World Tour event live this wekend, should be a good one. 

On 18/11/2019 at 21:06, marsh said:

Your Bathurst time is a stormer! Can barely get into the 14s let alone a low 13. That said you should definitely concentrate on this TT and not interlagos....

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Your Bathurst time is a stormer! Can barely get into the 14s let alone a low 13. That said you should definitely concentrate on this TT and not interlagos....

Thanks. I did try and better it last night, optimum is a 2:12, but my god it's tough.

What are people going to ask for next? we want Spa! there you go, er.....ok we want Laguna Seca! coming right up.

I'd quite like Silverstone, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

46 minutes ago, marsh said:

What are people going to ask for next? we want Spa! there you go, er.....ok we want Laguna Seca! coming right up.

I'd quite like Silverstone, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

I’d probably go for Montreal of what I can think of. 

Yep, that's a very good shout.

A fan of Paul Ricard for Blancpain reasons. What we've got is ridiculous really.

Knockhill.

But as that is unlikely to be on many other people's wishlist, next hope would be Deep Forest, Trial Mountain or Grand Valley. I suppose Monaco, but for time trialling purposes only lol.

I’d like more road cars. Obvious stuff like the XJ220, 959 and Testarossa. Classics like the Delorean. And for personal reasons (my first car, inherited from my mum when she died) I’d love to see the return of the mk4 Astra. I’ll concede that the last one is unlikely. 

Laguna Seca has been officially announced as has this paid DLC

Lewis Hamilton Awaits Your Challenge!

This is a single player game mode in which the player challenges best lap times set by none other than the 'Maestro of Gran Turismo Sport Maestro' and real-life 6-time F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton, who personally set these lap records in Gran Turismo Sport! In addition to the challenges themselves, the package includes replays and video tutorials by Lewis himself, where you can take on the challenges while really learning to improve your skills from the Maestro.

This DLC will be made available on the PS Store starting 28 November. Features include various cars awarded for Clearing the events will award various bonuses, such as several special cars and an unlock for the in-game Credits limit. Purchase the DLC on the PS Store and challenge the lap times of a true World Champion! *

For more details regarding 'Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge', please visit the official website 

I did it, I finally won another race! Starting 9th at Bathurst in the Gr4 Mustang that no one else was using I managed to win without actively overtaking anyone because positions 3-8th either crashed or got penalties and and the second place driver punted off the first place driver at the last chicane so by the end of lap one I was leading. That's now 4 race wins from 300 starts, I'm never going to get the wins trophy but it was nice to win a race again no matter how flukey it was. 

• Upvote 8