rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Thanks all. A small but perfectly formed session :) 

I only remembered to save one replay - the Brands Hatch one - but I’ve shared it if anyone particularly wants to see the widest 911 ever hold @Beezer at bay for 7 laps ;) 

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to think of the last time I've driven a virtual lap of spa? It's entirely possible that I've not been round there since GP2??

:facepalm:

You're safe, the TT is finished!

I had no idea I would show up on one of these screenshots or I would have tried a bit harder lol

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, marsh said:

@Batmobile that was my spa lap!! :quote:

:P

I was feeling pleased with myself for managing a 2:21, then I took a look at the top 10 times and saw people posting 2:16s!!!!  I can accept being 2 to 3 seconds off the top times but 5 seconds :blink:

• Upvote 1

Jeez, 5 seconds. It's tricky as well as your basically flying blind against any previous attempt. You've no idea if your up or down, I can do the first sector in 39 seconds, but the rest is a blur.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marsh said:

Jeez, 5 seconds. It's tricky as well as your basically flying blind against any previous attempt. You've no idea if your up or down, I can do the first sector in 39 seconds, but the rest is a blur.

Not a fan of the one lap only time challenges, as I like to build up a bit of momentum over a few laps and see where I am losing time.  

I am tempted to purchase the Lewis Hamilton time challenge DLC, but I am thinking it may be a similar set up.  I was wondering if anyone else had tried it out yet, to confirm if this is the case?

1 hour ago, Batmobile said:

Not a fan of the one lap only time challenges, as I like to build up a bit of momentum over a few laps and see where I am losing time.  

I am tempted to purchase the Lewis Hamilton time challenge DLC, but I am thinking it may be a similar set up.  I was wondering if anyone else had tried it out yet, to confirm if this is the case?

I bought it and it is indeed one lap only then you have to 'retry'. does mean you always get the same starting speed as Lewis though but I'd like the option to just lap and lap as a practice at least. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

I bought it and it is indeed one lap only then you have to 'retry'. does mean you always get the same starting speed as Lewis though but I'd like the option to just lap and lap as a practice at least. 

Thought it would be the case, I will probably still get it, something to keep me up till the small hours of the morning during the Christmas break!

Have you managed to beat any of his times yet?

12 minutes ago, Batmobile said:

Thought it would be the case, I will probably still get it, something to keep me up till the small hours of the morning during the Christmas break!

Have you managed to beat any of his times yet?

Closest I've got is within 8 tenths on his Interlagos time. I don't know if I'll ever beat any of his times. 

13 hours ago, marsh said:

Interlagos? @mexos should be all over that like a tramp on chips.

Ok you got me. I'll fie up the rig at the weekend. Sorry I've not been about, I had a course that was running on Monday nights. I thought I could race when I got in but in all honesty my brain was all over the place from trying to learn German grammar which is all sorts of insane. Next year the course is on a Tuesday night so we all good.

I've still not tried Spa... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

The current daily race at Interlagos is a joke. You can get rammed from behind at the first corner and cop a 1s penalty for ignoring track limits. You can even get nudged from behind through the esses and get a 3s penalty for apparently colliding with another vehicle. My SR hasn’t been so low since I first got the game.

I’ve been specifically trying to just get clean races, and yet I’m still class B with a score of 64. Roll on the next track...

I've been off this for bloody ages. How long do the daily race events last now? More than a day I'm guessing?! 

Daily Races last for a week now with the change happening on a Monday.

I agree with. @fretnoise the Interlagos races this week have been especially dirty. I think it’s just the track because it’s short and has a few heavy braking areas but I didn’t have a race this week without multiple yellow flags and cars spinning and ghosting on the main straight. I even managed to pick up a 3 second penalty for knocking someone off track when they spun across the front of me barely grazing my front bumper. Hopefully the circuit selection is better this week but it’ll probably be Suzuka again.

11 hours ago, ryodi said:

Hopefully the circuit selection is better this week but it’ll probably be Suzuka again.

Race A:  5 laps Suzuka East Course in the newly added 2003 BMW M3 

Race B:  3 laps Spa -  group 4 cars

Race C: 13 laps Catalunya - Honda SF19

• Upvote 1

Any of those will make for decent time trials this week!! Might just have to do them all.

After a concerted effort to bring my SR back up, I ended up as an 'S' with a score of 94.  The only way I could do this was by pulling over at the start and letting the pack go, and then concentrating on staying away from all the idiots.  You still usually get up to around 8th by doing this as everyone serves their penalties, and I actually had a couple of decent last lap battles with people who were actually racing and trying not to crash.

Good track selection for this week.  I think I'll probably concentrate on Spa.

8 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Good track selection for this week.  I think I'll probably concentrate on Spa.

I'll concentrate on Spa too. Fingers crossed it takes a couple of days before the meta chasers turn it into a one make race. 

That was one good thing about Interlagos last week. while the 911 and Lambo had the fastest times there was still a good variety of cars on track. Gr4 just means everyone is driving the Megane.

Yeah, the gr 3 races usually show a lot more brand variety on race day. I love Interlagos but feared racing there (again) last week could have a negative effect on my perception/appreciation of it. Thankfully the Nurburgring in the hachi-roku's was a lot of fun. 

Hi all, I'm feeling slighty better today and would love to do some racing with the group. Will be hosting tonight from 8:30 PM UK time again!

I'm expecting to be able to do something like to 2 good races, so let's make 'm count :)

• Upvote 3

Actually, could you take over hosting tonight @mexos? Or any other forumite preparing to race tonight.

I just came home feeling a bit unwell so I'm having to cancel on my part of the racing after all.

Really sorry guys, I just can't do it already this time :(

• Empathy 3

No drama, I'm not on tonight. Problems with the puppy last night and the storm that battered the house and I'm already pining for my bed.

Put a few laps in at spa on the daily and the bar has been set quite high....