rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Good fun and great to have you back @McSpeed!

The M4 dd well but it looked like you guys in the RX-7 had a lot more fun. 

I did have a lovely sleep.

<_<

Back next week, the dogs got more drugs than a Mexican border patrol. Doing the GR4's at Autopolis this week, and will seek further improvement at Laguna....

• Upvote 1

On 08/01/2020 at 08:55, marsh said:

I did have a lovely sleep.

<_<

Back next week, the dogs got more drugs than a Mexican border patrol. Doing the GR4's at Autopolis this week, and will seek further improvement at Laguna....

I’ve done laps on both of those but I won’t be doing any more autopolis as those car choices are all no fun to drive! The TT was okay but yeah I didn’t enjoy it much. 

Online racing again tonight! I'll be around 8:30PM UK time :)

Let's make it a great night of GT Sport action again with the forumites and friends. Bring your Mazda Roadster Touring Cars and Gr. 3's!

• Upvote 2

Crap, missed this. Will get my phone re-connected to ps messages, it's one of those memorable passwords I can't remember.

Suzuka for the TT this week I think, target time of sub 2 minutes....<_<

15 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Online racing again tonight! I'll be around 8:30PM UK time :)

Let's make it a great night of GT Sport action again with the forumites and friends. Bring your Mazda Roadster Touring Cars and Gr. 3's!

Thanks Joe! Enjoyed the race at Laguna. 

Maybe we need to do a forum time trial in the Mazdas, picking the track we'll do a long race at so everyone can get familiar (and I can work out how to drive the thing fast). 

Marsh, a sub-2 minute at Suzuka would be an extremely fast time. I'd be very happy to get sub 2:01. Are you going to do any more laps of Laguna Seca in the TT?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Thanks Joe! Enjoyed the race at Laguna. 

Maybe we need to do a forum time trial in the Mazdas, picking the track we'll do a long race at so everyone can get familiar (and I can work out how to drive the thing fast). 

Marsh, a sub-2 minute at Suzuka would be an extremely fast time. I'd be very happy to get sub 2:01. Are you going to do any more laps of Laguna Seca in the TT?

I'm all for some time trial action in the mazda.

I need to do more laps at Laguna, but I cannot hook up a car round there. I'm missing something.

Did you topple my lap at Autopolis? I did a 1.43.999 in the end and thought that would be enough of a tease to tempt you back out.

• Upvote 1

No, you won Autopolis. I just couldn't get on with the gearing in the Audi and found the other cars undriveable (they're not, I'm just bad). 

Torque steer/under steer in that Scirocco was horrific, power out of a corner and the bastard thing just pushed straight! The audi was bad enough, but the VW was on another level.

• Upvote 1

Piss, dropped half a second in sector 4 on my way to a 2.01.516.

Found some inner peace and then fucked it at the last chicane! How anyone is managing to get the Lambo round there in that time is a total mystery.

• Upvote 1

In a few of the races I gave Mr Noble a good run for his money. As he beat Ham by quite a margin by my highly scientific calculations that means I must be at a similar performance level to Lewis. :blah:

• Upvote 3

I think that's fair.

Fairly sure I've beaten you (or come really close) in a time trial at least once... so by your logic...... :) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mexos said:

In a few of the races I gave Mr Noble a good run for his money. As he beat Ham by quite a margin by my highly scientific calculations that means I must be at a similar performance level to Lewis. :blah:

I’ve extrapolated that I’m at about the level of Luca Badoer. 

12 hours ago, GwiDan said:

I’ve extrapolated that I’m at about the level of Luca Badoer. 

Badoer is highly underrated.

People fixate on him coming back in 2009 after a decade and not scoring points in a Ferrari in 2 races while ignoring that after he was replaced by Fisichella, who had just scored a podium, Fisi didn't score a point in his 5 in the same car or that Kimi Raikkonen didn't score points in his first 3 races in that car either. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, marsh said:

I am Ricardo Patrese I claim my five pounds :hat:

I'm more like Button, but not as talented, good looking or a WDC. Useless a lot of the time but put him in the right car (GR3) at the right circuit (GTFO Bathurst & Fuji) and he's alright. 

A huge number of laps went into that, I'll wager it's tooped by midnight!

PS_Messages_20200119_195755.jpg

• Upvote 3

well done marsh! 

I couldn't be bothered to drag the wheel out last night and tried a couple of cheeky laps on the controller and found it impossibly hard. It's so much easier on the wheel. 

Super close results, love it. 

• Upvote 1

Great effort all!

I can't make the online racing tonight, but I know several people in our group are up for it. Can anyone else take over hosting duties? :)

Is there a forum group to join for online races? I’ve just bought this with a PS4. I’ve just worked through the tutorials but haven’t actually raced online yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jashin said:

Is there a forum group to join for online races? I’ve just bought this with a PS4. I’ve just worked through the tutorials but haven’t actually raced online yet.

There is, we have a PSN chat group (37 and counting) to organise racing.

What's your PSN username? Will happily add you :)

I've not ventured into the online dailies since before the update, is the penalty system as wreckfest as is being suggested?

I couldn't make it to forum racing last night (back to teaching music on Monday nights and I don't get home till about 2130) but I did have a go at one of the public races.

I outbraked myself into the inside of a corner and blatantly punted someone off - no penalty.

On the next straight I then slowed to try and give the place back, and he didn't realise what I was doing and shunted right into the back of me. No penalty there either.

Is that what you mean by wreckfest?

Yeah.

Not sure I'm ready for that level of intimacy.....

I'll bet thet start at SPA is full of bellends with the throttle pinned trying to re-create the start of the F1 race from 1998.

Yes, unfortunately it has gone from you being penalised for the slightest tap, to people forcing you off the track and getting away penalty free!

I know that you could sometimes pick up unfair penalties, but at least it helped keep the racing clean, it has turned into bumper cars now :( 

Hopefully they are working on an  overhaul of the penalty system, and this is just a stop gap before they implement it.  Until then I think I will keep away from the daily races, and just stick to setting qualifying times.

Just had a totally miserable public race at wet Spa. The undisputed lowlight was getting punted off into the barrier and picking up a 5.0 second penalty. The other guy got 0.5.

OR SO I THOUGHT.

On watching the replay, turns out he already had a 0.5 over his head. He got nothing for punting me off.