rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Was on, and then some prick from western power decided to cut the electricity! Just farting about outside my house by the pole and has just driven off! :quote:

• Empathy 1

Damn that's so annoying. 

We still managed to have one great race at Spa with only three of us. Would have been an all time great if Batmobile could have stayed with us the whole time!

I might upload the replay soon!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Damn that's so annoying. 

We still managed to have one great race at Spa with only three of us. Would have been an all time great if Batmobile could have stayed with us the whole time!

I might upload the replay soon!

First lap and a half was great, and then I went wide at Pouhon and then put it in the barriers at campus :doh:  Could see you both up ahead having a good battle and as you said, if I hadn't crashed, it  would have been a great three way battle.

• Empathy 1

Just a heads up that if you last used your gr4 car at spa, it's still got intermediate tyres or full wets fitted.

:facepalm:

• Empathy 1

It's going alright today, so I will be back for online racing tonight :) Can host a lobby from 8:30 PM UK time, like in 'the old days'.

By all means race along, it'd be nice to gather a good group again to duke it out in Mazda's, Gr.3's and more!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

It's going alright today, so I will be back for online racing tonight :) Can host a lobby from 8:30 PM UK time, like in 'the old days'.

By all means race along, it'd be nice to gather a good group again to duke it out in Mazda's, Gr.3's and more!

That is good to hear :)

All being well I should be about later.

I think I was extremely lucky not to get dinged for corner cutting when I went back past on the last lap, but yes, excellent race :)

90010010-0C6A-440E-8144-CF6F01F61092.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Apologies to anyone driving vaguely near me at any point in any race tonight. Zero race craft or awareness. License revoked. 

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed the races, especially the Gr.3 cars around Laguna Seca. Thanks for hosting McSpeed.

• Upvote 1

Amazing, bottle that and sell it we'd be loaded. Stands up to repeat viewings:

• Upvote 7

Yep, that was amazing. I get the impression it could have gone on like that for quite a while. IRL, I'm not really a fan of any porsche, except maybe a 968 club sport, however in gt sport if you want a safe pair of hands as such, you can't go wrong. Dragon Trail is also probably the only circuit that should be built in the real world.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marsh said:

Dragon Trail is also probably the only circuit that should be built in the real world.

Totally agree - best track in the game I think as well.

16 hours ago, marsh said:

Amazing, bottle that and sell it we'd be loaded. Stands up to repeat viewings:

:omg::omg::omg:

AMAZING battle! It already heats up very nicely around the 3:50 mark, but especially the last two laps are just the stuff of legends.

Well done chaps! We should definitely get more of this done next Monday night :D

• Upvote 2

Absolutely. They’re quite forgiving (see my exploits at the right hander at the bottom of the hill) but make for good racing :)

A full grid of custom paint jobs would be pretty cool...

@marsh nice replay - expertly cutting away from my corner cutting on the last lap! :hat:

• Upvote 1

Ooh, I'm all up for a Porsche Cup race next Monday! If we select BoP once again both 911 models in the N400 class should work well for that :)

• Upvote 2

Cool, it also means I can practice to help minimise ludicrous spinning out at random corners and ruining my and other peoples races!

Help deconstruct this for me please, racers of rllmuk. 

I get a penalty here and I’m not 100% sure I deserve it:

Here it is from the other driver’s POV:

If you’re me, what do you do differently here? Help me improve my racecraft :)

I think that’s simply cos when you touched he was actually ahead of you. I’d recommend using the radar view so you can see the other cars position.

just be more conservative in those situations, break a bit earlier so you don’t miss the apex and leave a big gap like that. 

only a 1 second penalty so not too bad all told. 

• Upvote 2

What @Varnsen said, you want to be all over those apex's and humping those kerbs. There's normally no gap there like that.

Brands Hatch seems to be my most successful circuit for the daily races (3 victories this week). It’s also the only track I’ve ever driven in real life.

I can only conclude that to get better at GT I just need to go and do more track days :D

• Upvote 1

I will be there again tonight and hosting online lobbies from 8:30 PM UK time :)

As promised, let's do some Porsche Cup racing! Bring your N400 Porsche 911 GT3 (both 2001 and 2008 models are eligible) and replicate the awesome three-way battle from last week with more forumites and friends!

• Upvote 5