rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

Finish work around 10 p.m. so probably won't make it in time. Have fun ! 

By all means swing by for the last race(s) of you can though :)

• Upvote 1

The Spa race in almost all it's glory, we join the race as @McSpeed gets spectacularly bummed by gtsports stupid penalty system in what can only be described as an error strewn race....:mellow: nice camera work at about 1 minute if I do say so myself.

And as for those not making the soft tyres last.....lol, 3 lap stints 8-)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, marsh said:

The Spa race in almost all it's glory, we join the race as @McSpeed gets spectacularly bummed by gtsports stupid penalty system in what can only be described as an error strewn race....:mellow: nice camera work at about 1 minute if I do say so myself.

And as for those not making the soft tyres last.....lol, 3 lap stints 8-)

I'm telling you those softs were done after 1 lap!

that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

Sorry for bashing you Joe, did it basically respawn you on top of me and give you another penalty??

2 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Sorry for bashing you Joe, did it basically respawn you on top of me and give you another penalty??

No worries - I hit you before in the Porsches, it's all forgive and forget.

The 0.5 penalty I got for getting hit was rubbish, but that hit also made me overshoot the corner - the action which then respawned and 5.0 penalized me, after which I got another corner cutting penalty of 2.0 seconds...

• Upvote 1

I'll upload a part of the ring race in a few days, the opening miles were very much :omg:

Ring replay just didn't work in the end.....anyway.

TT at Spa this week in the super formula, 1.57 is where I'm at but there's more in there to be had if I'm brave. Better still, there's no rain!

• Upvote 2

Race B is a bit of an exercise in restraint this week - 8 laps of the not-quite-an-oval in the Gr.3s. Lots of odd penalties (if you so much as brush another car and they touch the wall within about half an hour, you get 7 secs - even if they go on to cause the crash themselves) but if you’re lucky you can usually make it back to the leading pack even with a long penalty as the drafting is so strong, and if you’re in the leading pack on the last lap you’re in with a chance as people seem to forget how to do the last corner on the last lap...

Good fun if you think your SR can take the inevitable hit :) 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, marsh said:

Ring replay just didn't work in the end.....anyway.

TT at Spa this week in the super formula, 1.57 is where I'm at but there's more in there to be had if I'm brave. Better still, there's no rain!

Spa in the Super formula sounds like fun, will have to try it out.  I will probably wait for the weekend when I can get the wheel out,  as i'm not usually very competitive with the pad when it comes to the Super Formulas.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, marsh said:

Target time of 1.56.....

Trust the aero.

Indeed! I’m at 1.56.5 now. So much more grip than I can believe in so many corners

• Upvote 1

I’ve managed to buy the wrong car and don’t have the money to buy the Toyota. Which is annoying.

This game...

An evening of frankly bewildering penalties, and then a run of 3 or 4 fantastic races, culminating in this finish. Top 3 covered by 0.062s (that’s me in the Van Halen Lancer)

4D32D0CF-65F9-4E06-B396-C09862137631.jpeg

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Jashin said:

I’ve managed to buy the wrong car and don’t have the money to buy the Toyota. Which is annoying.

Off to driving school you must go.....either that or grind out one of the hour long endurance races for the coin.

No F1. No sport. Everyone will be stuck at home. Calling it now...

We should do a championship. 

• Upvote 7

Couldn't get below 1.57, good times on there. Wishing I'd got the wheel out now!

PS_Messages_20200315_211302.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mexos said:

No F1. No sport. Everyone will be stuck at home. Calling it now...

We should do a championship. 

We should indeed, in the spirit of the virtual replacements of the (Not the) Australian GP last weekend. Simracing is quite seriously the only surviving form of motorsports now!

Who's up for racing tonight at 8:30 PM UK time? :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, McSpeed said:

We should indeed, in the spirit of the virtual replacements of the (Not the) Australian GP last weekend. Simracing is quite seriously the only surviving form of motorsports now!

Who's up for racing tonight at 8:30 PM UK time? :)

80499348_112351183612720_6067959323688960000_o.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nice, let's savour this opportunity to get as many of the band as possible back together!

So for the first time after quite a long time, roll calling (those who haven't responded): @Beezer @GwiDan @Batmobile @scoobysi @wev @PDogg @max renn @MattKB @T4RG4 @fretnoise @beenabadbunny @grindmouse @Varnsen @Marvin Morris @Darwock @Junker @Meatball @Throbin Hood @ryodi @Sun Tze @Jashin

• Upvote 5