Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

Started playing this again on work breaks, apparently I last played in December 2017! Finished all the driving lessons I have unlocked, and starting on other bits now.

What does the daily marathon do? I looked online and it seemed to think you get a random car when you meet the target, but the last two times I’ve reached it nothing seems to have happened.

23 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Started playing this again on work breaks, apparently I last played in December 2017! Finished all the driving lessons I have unlocked, and starting on other bits now.

What does the daily marathon do? I looked online and it seemed to think you get a random car when you meet the target, but the last two times I’ve reached it nothing seems to have happened.

Oh and <obligatory> join us! </obligatory> :)

(Monday night, 8pm UK time, an hour or two of friendly races.  90 minute endurance at Interlagos tonight.)

18 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

(If that's affecting you then you're probably not missing much - it usually taunts me with 3 interesting looking racers and a Fiat 500 or something, and I always get the Fiat...)

Or just the same car you've already got 4 copies of.

You can't sell them for money either.

Thanks for the replies everyone - guess I’ll stop going out of my way for it when I’m on now. I’ve tried coming out and going into menus but no joy. Oh well!

49 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Oh and <obligatory> join us! </obligatory> :)

(Monday night, 8pm UK time, an hour or two of friendly races.  90 minute endurance at Interlagos tonight.)

I’m not sure you’d want someone with no racing etiquette who will be off the track on every corner......

(what car class?)

All welcome. What’s your PSN Id? I can add you as a friend, and you can add anyone on the time trial leaderboards I post as they are all either on this forum or join us on Monday Night Race Club (tm). Good to have a bit of friendly off

line competition 

4 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Thanks for the replies everyone - guess I’ll stop going out of my way for it when I’m on now. I’ve tried coming out and going into menus but no joy. Oh well!

I’m not sure you’d want someone with no racing etiquette who will be off the track on every corner......

(what car class?)

Gr3. You can get a free one by signing a Manufacturer's Contract in the Sport mode menu. Porsche 911 RSR is a good all-rounder, unless you particularly have a strong preference against Porsche/for something else.

Off the top of my head Gr3 Interlagos is a Mazda Atenza track these days - I’m sure when it was a daily race a few weeks ago it dominated the leaderboards, but no idea about tire wear or fuel economy.

Lexus, Aston Martin and Merc will all work as usual I reckon. Corvette might be interesting @morcs

31 minutes ago, Jonster said:

(what car class?)

Do feel welcome to join in! We have people from all skills levels racing, mostly on every Monday night from 8PM UK time :)

I usually host the main lobby, feel free to add me on PSN = Joe_McSpeed

Won't be around tonight myself tonight, but @Varnsen and @marsh will be covering hosting duties to make sure anyone can enjoy the Gr. 3 endurance race at Interlagos that's planned.

Ok, plug for Monday Night Race Club ( MNRC as all the cool kids are calling it)

All abilities welcome, declare your interest on here and there are loads of nice people who will help you with any questions you might have.

A good mix of skill levels, mostly Brits off here but a few Dutch guys like @McSpeed and his crew.

I've started messing about with a YouTube channel capturing some of the racing,

an example below - my in car footage of the last lap of the MX5 race last Monday round Brands Hatch

56 minutes ago, Junker said:

What’s your PSN Id?

JonsterUK

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

Gr3. You can get a free one by signing a Manufacturer's Contract in the Sport mode menu. Porsche 911 RSR is a good all-rounder, unless you particularly have a strong preference against Porsche/for something else.

Thanks, I’ve gone for that as an all-rounder sounds good. The PSN ID signing on the contract was a really nice touch!

Go on then, I’ll be around tonight :)

26 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'll be about tonight so will open a lobby, are we just enduro racing GR3's at interlagos for 90 mins or do you want to do a 60 minutes plus another class/track?

I'd be happy to join if you can do a shorter race first. Don't hesitate to ask me to leave if i have to make room for people who want to do the endurance race/ there's isn't enough people for a second lobby though ! 

23 minutes ago, mexos said:

Yeah an hour feels like it could be a good shout?

yeah lets do 60 minutes... 

warm up race then enduro then see if any is still breathing...

anyone who doesn't have me on PSN: scarliley

add me cos otherwise you can't join the lobby. 

Is there a room setup? How do I join? It’s telling me there’s 4 friends in a lobby on the menu but I can’t find it. Been hunting for a while now...

Edit: Never mind I see the party is full. Maybe next week.

Shame @Jonster :(  we’d have opened another lobby and split between them if we’d known you were trying to get in. Couple of regulars down this week meant we all just about squeezed into one room.

Most of the game chat (rooms, party invites etc) is in a PSN message group - I’m sure @McSpeed will add you when he gets a minute :) 

Yep, that's a shame, we had room for 1 more in the endurance race.

Great stuff tonight, enjoyable battles throughout the field. Always think a short race before the main event helps to knock out the ring rust, of which I had plenty!

13th to first in the touring car I’ll take it, it’s been a while!

All over the show in the GR3. I had some pace but just kept making mistakes again and again. Last of us 2 has taken all my game time and I’m rusty as hell. 

23 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Shame @Jonster :(  we’d have opened another lobby and split between them if we’d known you were trying to get in. Couple of regulars down this week meant we all just about squeezed into one room.

Most of the game chat (rooms, party invites etc) is in a PSN message group - I’m sure @McSpeed will add you when he gets a minute :) 

I said in here, and was on the game but wasn't sure what the exact process was. No worries though. It's probably better you all got to play in the one lobby than split out for one newbie.

17 minutes ago, marsh said:

Yep, that's a shame, we had room for 1 more in the endurance race.

Oh well. Think I'd already gone to do something else by that point.

I’m in love with the Gr3 GT40. Never bothered with it before but after tonight I might use it all the time. Spits flame, sounds mean but is an absolute piece of piss to drive, no silly power band to spit you out, just butter smooth and stable on the brakes. An hour race round Interlagos and I didn’t run wide at T1 once - a miracle for me!!

9 hours ago, mexos said:

13th to first in the touring car I’ll take it, it’s been a while!

All over the show in the GR3. I had some pace but just kept making mistakes again and again. Last of us 2 has taken all my game time and I’m rusty as hell. 

You were well quick through the middle sector, after you’d passed @Freeman In the green Porsche behind me (who I just couldn’t shake off) you were definitely a “Oh Lawd he Comin’” in the mirror in that massive Mazda. :lol: I managed to hold you off a bit by accidentally parking on the outer kerb after the last turn and ruining your straight. :doh: Didn’t you also overtake the 3 of us when someone else joined from the pit exit? What a move :D 

I got an amazing start, up through the middle of pimp and @Varnsen but lost it all immediately when I managed to get skewed by a kerb into my Corvette teammate (batmobile) exiting the Senna esses, followed by doing the same into the wall on the next turn, which I guess was cold tyres. First to 13th in 1 sector :facepalm: Never really felt like I got my head together after that but still enjoyed it immensely. Loved being in the really close train of... must’ve been 8 cars at one point.

I had some space at the end so tried to go for fastest lap. Got within a tenth, was close but then found I'd fuelled myself 2 laps short so lost 2 flying laps coming in AGAIN. Esp annoying as I'd come in for a late tyre stop because I'd timed that wrong as well - and didn't take on any fuel. I need to work on a) strats and b) remembering about cold tyres at the start.