Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

Thanks for the races last night peeps.  Shame your nephew dropped out after 5 minutes, @marsh, but glad he could come back for the Laguna Seca race :)

Must admit I felt like a bit of a god out-Nobling Noble before I twigged I must be down on power... I guess I was on the equivalent of Fuel Mode 5 for the whole race... doh!  Happy to stay on the lead lap to be honest :)

Couldn't believe how much the R8 felt like it was just broken after the brief karting session - it just wouldn't go round the corners!  Haven't checked the replay but I think I may have tagged @GwiDan at the corkscrew at one point, so sorry about that :/

What are we doing next?

41 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Thanks for the races last night peeps.  Shame your nephew dropped out after 5 minutes, @marsh, but glad he could come back for the Laguna Seca race :)

Must admit I felt like a bit of a god out-Nobling Noble before I twigged I must be down on power... I guess I was on the equivalent of Fuel Mode 5 for the whole race... doh!  Happy to stay on the lead lap to be honest :)

Couldn't believe how much the R8 felt like it was just broken after the brief karting session - it just wouldn't go round the corners!  Haven't checked the replay but I think I may have tagged @GwiDan at the corkscrew at one point, so sorry about that :/

What are we doing next?

I don’t think you touched me, at least I didn’t feel anything, the rear just came around on me. 

On 12/10/2020 at 14:15, mexos said:

I really don't like the rain in GT Sport. Think it might be a slog for me, lets see.

39 minutes ago, mexos said:

Well that escalated quickly.

:D

Think @Varnsen may share that view as I noticed him battling it out nicely in the top 5 as well.

It really is like you said in the PS Messages chat, then:

"I thought at first it was madness but it was brilliant."

I actually stand by it to a degree. I was testing with the grip level for wet track set to 'real' and I don't think the physics in GT Sport really hold up that well in those conditions. Certainly on the wet track at the later time of day it was totally infuriating. 

That said, with grip set to low, that time of day at Spa, I had an enjoyable race and was 2 tenths of the fastest lap and was once again let down by not once looking at my fuel situation until it was way too late. I'm not clever enough to calculate what to do and just lost it. 

I had a great time. Totally unexpected! I did 10-15 mins of practice beforehand just so I was kind of making it around the track without hitting anything but no more.

Super surprised to get the pole.  Had a great little battle with GwiDan at the start before nicking the lead after a bit. I had the opinion well obvs this isn't going to last so I'll just enjoying while it lasts. Ended up with a decent fight with Ipakvis. I could just about gap him... just. It was pretty intense and the gap fluctuated a LOT. He was so unlucky on the fuel, it was a bit 

Screen_Shot_2017-09-18_at_3.07.05_PM.jpg

when he had to slow down towards the end. 

Checked the timer and wow, 30 then 40 mins through and I haven't binned it. Noble in 4th... what? I knew he would come though...  I'd been expecting it.

15 mins to go. And here he comes. Just when I need to fuel save. A 7 second gap gets frittered away with a couple of mistakes and it's heads down, can I hold on. Over half a lap to go and 0.3 of a lap in fuel. Had to park it on the apex and coast a few times. As I crossed the line the fuel just clicked over to 0.0. Another half a lap and I would have been toast. 

2 hours ago, Varnsen said:

quick question Mexos, did you qualify on inters? I think the rest of us bar GwiDan qualified on the wets. I went about 4-5 seconds a lap faster once I switched to inters on my first pit stop?

Hey man, I’m not that bad! 

7 hours ago, fretnoise said:

What are we doing next?

I did feel for the poor sod 'welcome to monday night racing, first game is an hour of spa, in the rain with fuel and tyres!'

He really enjoyed it. A proper gear head like myself. Lost his licence last year after he passed out at the wheel and totalled his 3 series. Due to get it back soon as being his age, a petrol head, and trying to get out in the world it's been a bit of a rough time this past 12 months.

So, getting his life in order with a ps4 and gt sport while said in jest, has a pang of truth about it. 

Or maybe I'm a bad influence 'I've got you a birthday present, tickets to the btcc!!'

10 hours ago, Junker said:

Working through a few videos I’ve saved and popping them on YouTube. Not for any other reason than I enjoy doing it. This one is a lobby MX5 race from a few weeks ago but it was a cracking race

That was an amazing race - remember it well :)

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

wow is that what Ivo looks like?? For some reason I pictured him looking like this!

spacer.png

haha! I know what you mean. I thought Pimp sounded 30 years older than he is. (Don’t tell him that Joe!!)

Had a couple of goes at the beat the pro challenge. https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullracing/races/beat-the-pro
Still a couple of tenths off Max - it’s pretty tricky. Watched that SuperGT clip @morcs put in the group message. He beats it on his first proper lap :o 

I think I’m a bit too much of an old codger to get near his or Noble’s times but I’d like to beat at least Max, and maybe Albon if  I can?

Finally got around to having a go at the time trial. Currently 1 tenth off Max’s a time but still a full 1.2 seconds off Noble. :blink: :o That is a crazy time. :sealclap:

Having said that... we’ve all got SO much faster as a group. It’s really impressive imo. We kind of had to mind. It’s that or we all get lapped 10 times!