Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

13 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Yet somehow very little on a Monday night - something we said? :)

I just like running the same combo repeatedly, and like that you can pick up and play, so the daily races and rllmuk leaderboards are more my thing  

1 minute ago, marsh said:

:blink:

I guess it counts when I leave it paused all day whilst I'm working so I can jump on and hot-lap whilst waiting for builds to finish etc. :lol:

6 minutes ago, morcs said:

I just like running the same combo repeatedly, and like that you can pick up and play, so the daily races and rllmuk leaderboards are more my thing  

Just waiting for another Gr2 endurance at Fuji so you can scamper off into the distance again, yeah? :)

Completely get it - my gaming hours are so antisocial the leaderboards and dailies are what keep me busy 6 nights a week.

I've lost my mojo a bit with GT atm.

Just can't concentrate that hard. Might be work at the moment but I'm not doing any GT except on a Monday night and just haven't got any consistency or focus and so I'm taking a bit of a break for a few weeks. 

I'm out of dailies for this week, nothing takes my fancy.

The 'official' TT was a welcome diversion being at my old mate Tsukuba in a 911 that you could tune the snot out of. Not sure what's replacing that as it was due to end today.

2 hours ago, marsh said:

I'm out of dailies for this week, nothing takes my fancy.

The 'official' TT was a welcome diversion being at my old mate Tsukuba in a 911 that you could tune the snot out of. Not sure what's replacing that as it was due to end today.

GR3 at the Ring!

If that doesn't tickle your fancy then I don't know what would!

Yasss. I wasnt last in race B, really should have tried a different car though!

Monza can fuck off. Im really fast on it in F1 2019/20 but i just cant get on with it in GT

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Mike still not in my friends list. 

oprah-winfrey-bees-gif-2.gif

You know, it’s a bit weird....have you ever seen him on the same leaderboard as Noble? Is it an alt account? In any case He’s fast  Do you know him @McSpeed?

22 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

So can I join this if I play with a pad? Any other pad racers in this? :D

7 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Is there some sort of group Time Trial, if that's a thing? Something I can dip in and out of, as I can rarely (if ever) make 8pm. 

Yes and yes! :)

Send PSN Friend Requests to @McSpeed (PSN = Joe_McSpeed), @GT3Will (PSN = GT3_Will) and @Junker (PSN = JUNKERDENB).  The first two usually provide hosting duties on Monday nights, and Junker collates the time trial leaderboards.

We use the in-game Daily Races as unofficial TTs - go to 'Race' and then choose one of the dailies (Race A, B or C) and set a qualifying time.  You can see your friends' times, and Junker usually posts his leaderboard as the results.  They're called "Daily" races, but they only change once a week, on Monday mornings, so you have a decent amount of time to learn the track and set your time.

@AlexM racing usually goes on for a couple of hours at least - add us and then when you get online you can search for lobbies with friends.

49 minutes ago, Junker said:

You know, it’s a bit weird....have you ever seen him on the same leaderboard as Noble? Is it an alt account? In any case He’s fast  Do you know him @McSpeed?

Heh, Mike Seymour is another (former) F1 journalist. He raced with us in MNRC on some occasions and I just asked him to join again sometime soon, which he will do :)

I've missed all this chat how did that happen?? I'm up for @GT3Wills idea I'll take Noble in my team please? 

@Ry I've only really been playing online for around 6-7 months and managed to get my first propper win in the wet at Japan the other week and managed a 3rd last week I was also second last in the mx5 race. I tend to stick with lobby B as the others have said its more mixed and varied. Best thing to do it grind out some races this will get you cash for the high price cars and as I found help build consistency. I would recommend the endurance races if you've leveled up enough for them. I found that doing these made me more consistent and also meant I was holding and gaining positions. 

4 hours ago, Junker said:

Race B

image.png.4909ae0d06acb7b2faf519ff83f89398.png

This makes me sad. My opt. was a 1.44.5, I could easily go faster in sector 1 and 3, but couldn't match my own sector 2.  It was so frustrating. 

Having a break this week....

...though with that said...

Do we know the tyre / fuel combo for Interlagos next Wed? 

I can do with some practice around there :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Do we know the tyre / fuel combo for Interlagos next Wed? 

I can do with some practice around there :ph34r:

Yup - 10x tyre wear.  4x fuel consumption.  You must use all 3 tyre compounds in the race.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_5391168.html

(I know, I know, I'm taking a lot of interest in something I'm unlikely to be able to race in.  Can still use it as a TT though, right? :))

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

Yup - 10x tyre wear.  4x fuel consumption.  You must use all 3 tyre compounds in the race.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_5391168.html

(I know, I know, I'm taking a lot of interest in something I'm unlikely to be able to race in.  Can still use it as a TT though, right? :))

Nice one, I missed that yesterday!

Qualifying is part of the race (5 minute session).  Not sure it appears as a TT like the daily races?

13 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Nice one, I missed that yesterday!

Qualifying is part of the race (5 minute session).  Not sure it appears as a TT like the daily races?

You're right, but free practice kind of behaves like qualifying for the dailies - I could compare my time against Nobloski last night.  Not sure what it ends up doing with those times - does it use them in the matchmaking for the race?

7 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

So can I join this if I play with a pad? Any other pad racers in this? :D

If you send me a friend request you’ll appear on my leaderboard for any of the daily races, and then each week I post them as the only people who play GT sport are people of here or people who are in Monday Night Race Club 

4 hours ago, fretnoise said:

You're right, but free practice kind of behaves like qualifying for the dailies - I could compare my time against Nobloski last night.  Not sure what it ends up doing with those times - does it use them in the matchmaking for the race?

I don’t think so but I might be wrong. I thought DR and then SR determined matchmaking. Like Corranga says, there’s a 5 min quali session I’m in each race for grid position