IGNORED

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

I'm over in Germany seeing my gf's family so I am out for 3 weeks. I did consider packing the PS and trying to git gud at pad but then I came to my senses. ^_^

Pls drive the Datsun, Big Willow, Sardegna and Sport tyres on everything for the next few weeks so everyone is clamouring for The Ring, racing softs and GR3s in about a months time. :eyebrows:

Happy racing krew, looking forward to seeing some of the highlights. 

Well I'll be putting some time into GT this week just practicing a bit. Then I'm on holiday end of this week so I'll join you all on Monday 6th. Away again for two weeks end of September (3 days at Goodwood Revival Festival yay!!! amongst other things). So should be able to join regularly on Monday nights after that! Looking forward to racing over winter when the dark nights set in!

On 20/08/2021 at 11:58, Junker said:

@MattyP sometimes it gets a bit serious, sometimes we race VW camper vans round Nurburgring 

Love it!!!! ❤️ Look a bit too fast for the standard setup though... Those VW campers are sllllooowwww air cooled things... :D

On 23/08/2021 at 07:49, Junker said:

Race B. I actually think Big Willow is an awesome track. Mark’s time was too good for me

710902F6-54D1-4341-B462-0919548BC916.jpeg

I had a 1:10.9 in me, I was consistently in the 1:11.3-5 for about 12 consecutive laps, just couldn't lay down a single lap with sector 1 long right hander and the awkward right hander at the top of the track together, very much either or, then I saw Mark's (it's Mark right?!) time, and gave up :lol:

Moving on to last night, great selection of races, I think the GT40 would be a great car to use if we all familiarised with it a bit.  The race was a bit silly at the start with penalties, and watching folk miss the breaking zone (accidentally) and pull a good 3-4 seconds on you was funny but frustrating.  Did make me think that it's a shame you can't implement FIA style penalty zones in a lobby.

Le mans was top draw. There's nothing better than having Noble in your rear view mirror and trying to figure out what his strategy is, and how big a gap you need to beat him.

Neither of which amounted to anything. 3rd in the Gt40 and 4th in the GT3, I'll take that all day long, especially after I was sent into the gravel at Indy in the opening laps.

On 19/08/2021 at 12:13, MattyP said:

Definitely got McSpeed on the friends list.. Will check Junkerdenb and send a request out!

Think what I'll do is spend some time next week actually using GT:Sport and get used to it. Do some license tests etc and then join in the Monday after bank holiday. Looking forward to it! :)

Voice chat no problem... :) 

Briliant! The more the merrier, et cetera :) Looking forward to having you join in the racing next time.

So had a quick system check for this last night. Wheel working well. All updates downloaded. Love the loading times on the PS5 slightly improved over what I remember (although might be my hazy memory!!!). 

Did a quick Driving Test event (the first one - braking on the line) and managed to shave 2 seconds off my last (gold winning) time!!! :) First try too... Feeling good about this.

The only thing I need to get used to again is my position awareness on track in races... this is where VR is great as you can have a quick peek around you without pressing buttons etc. I've been a bit spoilt on the PC TBH. Roll on PSVR2 and GT7.... :D 

10 hours ago, Junker said:

Not that it will matter soon when they announce GT7 tomorrow night😬

Hope this turns out well. Has it definitely confirmed that it will be dual format PS4/5? Just hope that the PS5 version is worth paying the premium for. I expect it will be 4K@60fps as a given. Hopefully PSVR2 support will be standard too (although perhaps not at 4K).

Looking forward to seeing what gets announced! :) 

In other news I have hardly any credits in Sport so struggling to get the cars take part in the online sessions at the moment (just started a Masters too which is demanding another 13 hours per week of my time!).

30 minutes ago, MattyP said:

In other news I have hardly any credits in Sport so struggling to get the cars take part in the online sessions at the moment (just started a Masters too which is demanding another 13 hours per week of my time!).

What cars do you have?  Could you share a screenshot of your car selection page in the PSN group chat?  Sure, there are some terrible cars that no-one likes to drive, but I'm 99% sure you'll have enough cars for a decent Monday night's racing, and we've had people racing in substitutes before.  We usually use Balance of Performance (BoP) where the game adjusts the cars' power and weight within a class to make them all somewhat even, so it's only really a problem if you literally don't have anything in the chosen class, or we're using one of the funky GrX cars that you can't BoP.

You can get a free car every day if you drive 26.2 miles or more, so that's worth doing too (I lucked out and got a 20 million credit car that way once).

Basically... I don't think we should be excluding anyone because they don't have the right car, and the racing's so good in the game that we would probably be as happy racing whatever you've got :)  Last Monday we had great fun racing the 60s Mini (50,000 credits worth) around Goodwood - the car's limitations and the fact we were all in the same boat made for a great race.

5 hours ago, MattyP said:

4 hours ago, fretnoise said:

What cars do you have?  Could you share a screenshot of your car selection page in the PSN group chat?  Sure, there are some terrible cars that no-one likes to drive, but I'm 99% sure you'll have enough cars for a decent Monday night's racing, and we've had people racing in substitutes before.  We usually use Balance of Performance (BoP) where the game adjusts the cars' power and weight within a class to make them all somewhat even, so it's only really a problem if you literally don't have anything in the chosen class, or we're using one of the funky GrX cars that you can't BoP.

You can get a free car every day if you drive 26.2 miles or more, so that's worth doing too (I lucked out and got a 20 million credit car that way once).

Basically... I don't think we should be excluding anyone because they don't have the right car, and the racing's so good in the game that we would probably be as happy racing whatever you've got :)  Last Monday we had great fun racing the 60s Mini (50,000 credits worth) around Goodwood - the car's limitations and the fact we were all in the same boat made for a great race.

Matty, have you signed a 'Manufacturer Contract' yet?

Go to Brand Central, select your favourite brand and sign this (fictional) contract. You'll get a free Gr.4 and Gr. 3 car.

If you're sure about being able to join our races this Monday night, we can do races in these car classes so you can be in with us :)

shout out to @Junkerfor uploading to youtube so many of our MNRC replays. 

Just watching the minis at goodwood. so many good battles throughout the field. 

Still disappointed with my Bathhurst performance though. I consider that my fastest track but I've not lapped it enough in the porsche and I lost it twice in the corkscrew just over the mountain. Just couldn't get the line right in the 911 and the weight would just spin me. I normally run the heavier GTR and just let it fall through there like a runaway piano. Oh well. 

For my birthday next year, 1.5 hour Bathurst enduro in GT7??? Guys?     Guys?

23 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

I'm in!

Edit - but it's PD, so you might need to adjust your timescales a bit...

I know right...

actually, if ACC next gen version is any good, an enduro on that with the time of day please! awesome game (on PC)

21 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Matty, have you signed a 'Manufacturer Contract' yet?

Go to Brand Central, select your favourite brand and sign this (fictional) contract. You'll get a free Gr.4 and Gr. 3 car.

If you're sure about being able to join our races this Monday night, we can do races in these car classes so you can be in with us :)

Well upto 140K credits now after some work in the campaign last night!

I seem to have a McClaren in my collection so will affiliate against this... when I work out where to get this contract thingie :D 

I will work all this out when I tinker a bit more... Thanks for the advice though appreciated!

20 hours ago, Varnsen said:

shout out to @Junkerfor uploading to youtube so many of our MNRC replays. 

Just watching the minis at goodwood. so many good battles throughout the field. 

Still disappointed with my Bathhurst performance though. I consider that my fastest track but I've not lapped it enough in the porsche and I lost it twice in the corkscrew just over the mountain. Just couldn't get the line right in the 911 and the weight would just spin me. I normally run the heavier GTR and just let it fall through there like a runaway piano. Oh well. 

For my birthday next year, 1.5 hour Bathurst enduro in GT7??? Guys?     Guys?

I was the same, 2 spins in the Porsche at Bathurst and many more close calls, I just didn’t feel the weight shift or grip change before it went sideways, it was a very tricky race.