Jump to content

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK


McSpeed
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Junker said:

@MattyP if you are serious about racing on Monday tell us what cars you have and we’ll work out a race to suit. 

I am serious about joining in the some racing... but... just struggling to find time to do everything at the moment. At the rate I'm going it'll end up being GT7! :(

 

I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks (including 3 days at the Goodwood Revival YAY!). Then I will have some time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

I am serious about joining in the some racing... but... just struggling to find time to do everything at the moment. At the rate I'm going it'll end up being GT7! :(

 

I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks (including 3 days at the Goodwood Revival YAY!). Then I will have some time. 

 

Very welcome to race with us after your holiday of course, but by all means join us this Monday night at 8PM UK time already if you like :) If only for an hour or so. It's be great to have you in the lobby!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

I am serious about joining in the some racing... but... just struggling to find time to do everything at the moment. At the rate I'm going it'll end up being GT7! :(

 

I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks (including 3 days at the Goodwood Revival YAY!). Then I will have some time. 

Yeah cool I wasn't trying to push you but’ just want to give you the chance of racing, and we’ll all adjust to suit you.
They did it for me a couple of years ago after a lot of umming and aaahing from me and it felt quite overwhelming but they were all so cool about it  and now it’s the highlight of my week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Junker said:

Yeah cool I wasn't trying to push you but’ just want to give you the chance of racing, and we’ll all adjust to suit you.
They did it for me a couple of years ago after a lot of umming and aaahing from me and it felt quite overwhelming but they were all so cool about it  and now it’s the highlight of my week.

 

:angry:

 

Cowardly archer!

 

 

 

 

😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think I'm realising I just don't have the time to put into this sadly - not enough to make online racing fun for me anyway. Sigh. Also the fact that I've been spoilt with VR too - just can't go back to wiggling sticks around to look around. Feels dated. 

 

I may pick this up again with GT7 and PSVR2 gets a release to see how it pans out but think I'll be staying in the PC side of racing.

 

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support but for now I bow out of the GT fold... :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I give up with my pedals. Party is over. I was hoping they would last till Fanatec ships the PS compatible DD, but alas then are no longer working.

 

I realise I will have to try these again... 😬

 

41FUL7KN31L._AC_.jpg

 

I plug them in I do a few laps, they are awful. They weigh about the same as a Pret sandwich so they flop about all over the place. And the travel is x2 what I am used to, yikes. 

 

10 years of using a load cell, it's not happening. I think about just packing away everything. But I know if i'm going to do any more MNRC this year it will be with these pedals or nowt. I've got too much self respect to play pad. 

 

So I continue, and ok I am now keeping it on the island. I didn't think I could lap consistently using these but it comes. A few more laps. Ooh. ok, I am getting faster. Oh quite a bit faster, hang on thats pretty good. 

 

No idea if i'll be able to do it again but I set some pretty good laps in the dailies. :eyebrows: With 50p (at a push) pedals. I almost threw them out a few weeks back... At least I'll be able to play on Monday. 🤞🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, marsh said:

I do have a spare set of T300 pedals in the boot of my car if it's any help? I mean that in a 'I don't know what I'm holding them back for?' kind of way.

 

Yeah high five on that. These are the ones that came with my T300. I only just recently threw out the ones that came with my T150 (the T150 itself having died like 2 years ago).

 

I still have my Fanatec CSR... Check out this antique.

 

9j6v.jpg&thumbnail=640,&client=49kdj93ncb8s938hkdo&signature=82c11d950940e767700f628b3e794316abd6b6d8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had an amazing three days at the Goodwood Revival! Didn't realise that the Goodwood circuit is part of an update to GT Sport.... Might be trying that out in a Mini! Love the way they were drifting around the corners this weekend. 

 

Plenty of exotic cars racing this weekend.... Highly recommended for classic car fans and well car fans alike! :) Now I want to have a track day.... My SAAB 9-5 turbo doesn't feel fast bah.... :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MattyP said:

Just had an amazing three days at the Goodwood Revival! Didn't realise that the Goodwood circuit is part of an update to GT Sport.... Might be trying that out in a Mini! Love the way they were drifting around the corners this weekend. 

 

Plenty of exotic cars racing this weekend.... Highly recommended for classic car fans and well car fans alike! :) Now I want to have a track day.... My SAAB 9-5 turbo doesn't feel fast bah.... :D

well we’ve got a treat for you! 
MNRC regular e1978__  has come up with this. We’re all getting rather excited 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Junker said:

well we’ve got a treat for you! 
MNRC regular e1978__  has come up with this. We’re all getting rather excited 

 

Awesome stuff! Still on holiday (until October 4th - bit of a road trip down South) but this sounds amazing fun! I'll be getting a mini sorted when I get back and defo joining in on this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 01:55, MattyP said:

Think I'm realising I just don't have the time to put into this sadly - not enough to make online racing fun for me anyway. Sigh. Also the fact that I've been spoilt with VR too - just can't go back to wiggling sticks around to look around. Feels dated. 

 

I may pick this up again with GT7 and PSVR2 gets a release to see how it pans out but think I'll be staying in the PC side of racing.

 

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support but for now I bow out of the GT fold... :( 

 

On 19/09/2021 at 21:42, MattyP said:

Just had an amazing three days at the Goodwood Revival! Didn't realise that the Goodwood circuit is part of an update to GT Sport.... Might be trying that out in a Mini! Love the way they were drifting around the corners this weekend. 

 

Plenty of exotic cars racing this weekend.... Highly recommended for classic car fans and well car fans alike! :) Now I want to have a track day.... My SAAB 9-5 turbo doesn't feel fast bah.... :D

 

12 hours ago, MattyP said:

Awesome stuff! Still on holiday (until October 4th - bit of a road trip down South) but this sounds amazing fun! I'll be getting a mini sorted when I get back and defo joining in on this!

 

So ehr, you're back in to actually start racing with us?

 

For real this time then?

 

;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 player lobbies, growing to a mindblowing 20 next year.

 

:doh:

 

 

Chivalry 2 has 64 and that appears to have been made for three grains of rice and some dust. I know it's a bit like comparing a porsche 911 gt3 to an original vw beetle but ffs, in this day and age?? is the game not that succesful?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Junker said:

well we’ve got a treat for you! 
MNRC regular e1978__  has come up with this. We’re all getting rather excited 

 

 

Word on the street is that there are only a couple of places left for this.

 

It's happening every other Sunday at 8pm, starting on 10th October.  Check out the Twitter feed for more details and for an idea of what it's trying to be about.  Sign up here.

 

Ian (e1978__) isn't on here, but is a thoroughly good chap, so I'm sure you can spare him an hour of your time every other Sunday. Also, MNRC is currently massively outnumbered by the 27Racers chaps, so go on, you know you want to - there's only a 1 in 14 chance you'll get lumbered with me as your teammate! :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fretnoise said:

 

Word on the street is that there are only a couple of places left for this.

 

It's happening every other Sunday at 8pm, starting on 10th October.  Check out the Twitter feed for more details and for an idea of what it's trying to be about.  Sign up here.

 

Ian (e1978__) isn't on here, but is a thoroughly good chap, so I'm sure you can spare him an hour of your time every other Sunday. Also, MNRC is currently massively outnumbered by the 27Racers chaps, so go on, you know you want to - there's only a 1 in 14 chance you'll get lumbered with me as your teammate! :)

 

 

If I can somehow find a spare TV, I'd be up for this. Now Shitly come dancing is back on I'll be booted out of the front room. Just like last night really, lobby full and married at first shite on, front room vacated.....

 

A plan is hatching....there's a very large kitchen that's not yet a kitchen I could occupy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.