Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

4 hours ago, Junker said:

@MattyP if you are serious about racing on Monday tell us what cars you have and we’ll work out a race to suit. 

I am serious about joining in the some racing... but... just struggling to find time to do everything at the moment. At the rate I'm going it'll end up being GT7! :(

I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks (including 3 days at the Goodwood Revival YAY!). Then I will have some time. 

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

I am serious about joining in the some racing... but... just struggling to find time to do everything at the moment. At the rate I'm going it'll end up being GT7! :(

I'm on holiday next Friday for two weeks (including 3 days at the Goodwood Revival YAY!). Then I will have some time. 

Very welcome to race with us after your holiday of course, but by all means join us this Monday night at 8PM UK time already if you like :) If only for an hour or so. It's be great to have you in the lobby!

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Yeah cool I wasn't trying to push you but’ just want to give you the chance of racing, and we’ll all adjust to suit you.
They did it for me a couple of years ago after a lot of umming and aaahing from me and it felt quite overwhelming but they were all so cool about it  and now it’s the highlight of my week.

43 minutes ago, Junker said:

Yeah cool I wasn't trying to push you but’ just want to give you the chance of racing, and we’ll all adjust to suit you.
They did it for me a couple of years ago after a lot of umming and aaahing from me and it felt quite overwhelming but they were all so cool about it  and now it’s the highlight of my week.

:angry:

Cowardly archer!

😘

Think I'm realising I just don't have the time to put into this sadly - not enough to make online racing fun for me anyway. Sigh. Also the fact that I've been spoilt with VR too - just can't go back to wiggling sticks around to look around. Feels dated. 

I may pick this up again with GT7 and PSVR2 gets a release to see how it pans out but think I'll be staying in the PC side of racing.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support but for now I bow out of the GT fold... :( 

Well I give up with my pedals. Party is over. I was hoping they would last till Fanatec ships the PS compatible DD, but alas then are no longer working.

I realise I will have to try these again... 😬

41FUL7KN31L._AC_.jpg

I plug them in I do a few laps, they are awful. They weigh about the same as a Pret sandwich so they flop about all over the place. And the travel is x2 what I am used to, yikes. 

10 years of using a load cell, it's not happening. I think about just packing away everything. But I know if i'm going to do any more MNRC this year it will be with these pedals or nowt. I've got too much self respect to play pad. 

So I continue, and ok I am now keeping it on the island. I didn't think I could lap consistently using these but it comes. A few more laps. Ooh. ok, I am getting faster. Oh quite a bit faster, hang on thats pretty good. 

No idea if i'll be able to do it again but I set some pretty good laps in the dailies. :eyebrows: With 50p (at a push) pedals. I almost threw them out a few weeks back... At least I'll be able to play on Monday. 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, marsh said:

I do have a spare set of T300 pedals in the boot of my car if it's any help? I mean that in a 'I don't know what I'm holding them back for?' kind of way.

Yeah high five on that. These are the ones that came with my T300. I only just recently threw out the ones that came with my T150 (the T150 itself having died like 2 years ago).

I still have my Fanatec CSR... Check out this antique.

9j6v.jpg&thumbnail=640,&client=49kdj93ncb8s938hkdo&signature=82c11d950940e767700f628b3e794316abd6b6d8

Just had an amazing three days at the Goodwood Revival! Didn't realise that the Goodwood circuit is part of an update to GT Sport.... Might be trying that out in a Mini! Love the way they were drifting around the corners this weekend. 

Plenty of exotic cars racing this weekend.... Highly recommended for classic car fans and well car fans alike! :) Now I want to have a track day.... My SAAB 9-5 turbo doesn't feel fast bah.... :D

19 hours ago, MattyP said:

Just had an amazing three days at the Goodwood Revival! Didn't realise that the Goodwood circuit is part of an update to GT Sport.... Might be trying that out in a Mini! Love the way they were drifting around the corners this weekend. 

Plenty of exotic cars racing this weekend.... Highly recommended for classic car fans and well car fans alike! :) Now I want to have a track day.... My SAAB 9-5 turbo doesn't feel fast bah.... :D

well we’ve got a treat for you! 
MNRC regular e1978__  has come up with this. We’re all getting rather excited 

6 hours ago, Junker said:

Awesome stuff! Still on holiday (until October 4th - bit of a road trip down South) but this sounds amazing fun! I'll be getting a mini sorted when I get back and defo joining in on this!

On 14/09/2021 at 01:55, MattyP said:

Think I'm realising I just don't have the time to put into this sadly - not enough to make online racing fun for me anyway. Sigh. Also the fact that I've been spoilt with VR too - just can't go back to wiggling sticks around to look around. Feels dated. 

I may pick this up again with GT7 and PSVR2 gets a release to see how it pans out but think I'll be staying in the PC side of racing.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support but for now I bow out of the GT fold... :( 

On 19/09/2021 at 21:42, MattyP said:

12 hours ago, MattyP said:

Awesome stuff! Still on holiday (until October 4th - bit of a road trip down South) but this sounds amazing fun! I'll be getting a mini sorted when I get back and defo joining in on this!

So ehr, you're back in to actually start racing with us?

For real this time then?

;)

16 player lobbies, growing to a mindblowing 20 next year.

:doh:

Chivalry 2 has 64 and that appears to have been made for three grains of rice and some dust. I know it's a bit like comparing a porsche 911 gt3 to an original vw beetle but ffs, in this day and age?? is the game not that succesful?

19 hours ago, Junker said:

Word on the street is that there are only a couple of places left for this.

It's happening every other Sunday at 8pm, starting on 10th October.  Check out the Twitter feed for more details and for an idea of what it's trying to be about.  Sign up here.

Ian (e1978__) isn't on here, but is a thoroughly good chap, so I'm sure you can spare him an hour of your time every other Sunday. Also, MNRC is currently massively outnumbered by the 27Racers chaps, so go on, you know you want to - there's only a 1 in 14 chance you'll get lumbered with me as your teammate! :)

1 minute ago, fretnoise said:

Word on the street is that there are only a couple of places left for this.

It's happening every other Sunday at 8pm, starting on 10th October.  Check out the Twitter feed for more details and for an idea of what it's trying to be about.  Sign up here.

Ian (e1978__) isn't on here, but is a thoroughly good chap, so I'm sure you can spare him an hour of your time every other Sunday. Also, MNRC is currently massively outnumbered by the 27Racers chaps, so go on, you know you want to - there's only a 1 in 14 chance you'll get lumbered with me as your teammate! :)

If I can somehow find a spare TV, I'd be up for this. Now Shitly come dancing is back on I'll be booted out of the front room. Just like last night really, lobby full and married at first shite on, front room vacated.....

A plan is hatching....there's a very large kitchen that's not yet a kitchen I could occupy.

39 minutes ago, marsh said:

A plan is hatching....there's a very large kitchen that's not yet a kitchen I could occupy.

Still time to look at the plans? Surely in all the work you are doing you could carve out a little room big enough for a playseat challenge and a telly. Your escape room from Strictly!  Even if it's the cupboard under the stairs.

Also: :eyebrows: Only just, very beatable.

Great fun last night. The big issue I am having to deal with is being able to apply throttle / brake consistently. Every laps is a new adventure. 

Interestingly (not really) I noticed that with the PlasticPedals™ it's like some lag has been removed. I do wonder if using a box (drive hub now, used to be a basherboards box) between my Fanatec pedals and the wheel was adding some latency - not huge, but enough to be a hinderance. It is like my inputs are quicker now. 

Well, I'm thinking I can run an extension lead into the new kitchen and a monitor I use for work, find a free window sill, job done.

I mean there's plenty of room in the 'dungeon' below the kitchen, and there's power there too. But I figure I'll de-camp into that at a later date.....where I can make it a bit more permanent.

4 hours ago, McSpeed said:

So ehr, you're back in to actually start racing with us?

For real this time then?

;)

Think I'm just going to scrap the idea of practing etc and get stuck in and learn while playing! :)

6 hours ago, MattyP said:

Think I'm just going to scrap the idea of practing etc and get stuck in and learn while playing! :)

:D

This is indeed the best way to go.

See you online this Monday at 8PM BST!

Really enjoyed this weeks session.

I think it's a nice thing to just run one GT3 car for the evening. You concentrate less on learning the car and more on the racing. Be good to do that more regularly, with other classes of car but yeah, felt like the overall field was much more bunched up! Might be why there was so much contact! 

40 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

I think it's a nice thing to just run one GT3 car for the evening.

Agreed.  It's also why an evening of the MX-5 tends to work so well.  I love racing cars I know on relatively short tracks that I know so it's all about the racing.  I get that people get sick of racing on the same old tracks every week though :)

Monday was great. One thing I was thinking... if we are going to play any reverse or the more wacky layouts could we know a bit in advance please. I'm sure that weird Maggiore track could be good but because I didn't know the layout I didn't enjoy it that much as I kept getting lost and making loads of mistakes. For me it was less racing and more just trying to keep the car on track. 

Ideally If we knew the day or so before that we are going to do a weird track just so we can get used to the course a bit. 

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

I love racing cars I know on relatively short tracks that I know so it's all about the racing.  

I get you. For me it's do I know the track enough so I feel confident enough to push. Sure I could learn all the alternative layouts but we so rarely play them I didn't invest the little play time I have to do so.

On 21/09/2021 at 22:33, McSpeed said:

:D

This is indeed the best way to go.

See you online this Monday at 8PM BST!

:) Well currently on holiday for another week (lucky me!) So it will be Monday 4th.... :)

Does the A in "Driver Rating A" stand for "Asshole"?

I had an excellent night's racing on Wednesday night in the Gr3s at Dragon Trail - just about my favourite combo.  Finished on DR B within a gnat's whisker of breaking back into A...  One race on Thursday night got me into DR A, and suddenly the lobbies are full of dive-bombing, punting asshats.  Sooo many punts going into the corner at the bottom of the hill, and if you dare to lift going through the Chicane of Death (you know, because there's 4 cars nose-to-tail in front of you, and if any one of them crashes you're going to get caught in it before the ghosting kicks in) the guy behind you just barrels into you for the lols.

It reminds me of an old Ben Elton bit he did about how people behave getting onto a train, with all common decency thrown to the wind: "Double seat, double seat, gotta get a double seat".  "Gotta win, gotta win, gotta get past all these suckers..."

I think I prefer being a B...  which is lucky as I'll no doubt be one again after Saturday's FIA race...

Realised I haven't posted the last 3 weeks' Daily Race leaderboards on here, just on PSN Party chat.

I've been doing this for well over a year so I may as well keep going till GT7.

Week ending 12/9

iiogyuhv.jpg.64196b363e95ee2b6308d712754a7e69.jpg

tydp8fy.jpg

irsot.jpg