Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

30 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Oh and @mexos, you can stop that now, thanks :D

:hat:

7 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

solid time mexos at autopolis specially in that car. 

I could not hook up the chicane at Dragons Tail for love nor money this week. You lot all taking it flat? 

Cheers! For the chicane at Dragon, I never took it flat - a tiny lift or dab on the brakes (I tried all sorts) just at the moment you hit the kerb in the middle on the right, then you can go flat through the last part. Easier said than done without soft tyres. I messed it up a lot. I really don't like the Supra, but I couldn't get anywhere near a time with other cars. I hope they sort this out for next time so BOP doesn't always mean one car is vastly superior to the rest.

10 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

errbody getting too quick these days. 

I think you can trace his all back to one point in time - when Jon arrived and everyone was getting Ham v Bottas level destroyed. Since then everyone has got way better imo.

40 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

solid time mexos at autopolis specially in that car. 

I could not hook up the chicane at Dragons Tail for love nor money this week. You lot all taking it flat? 

Same as Mexos (as you can tell by our times this week, I guess).  In my mind it all came from a good exit of the right hander at the bottom of the hill, using lots of the curb on the inside and running all the way out to the left, and then using all the curb on the first right-hander of the chicane, almost brushing the wall.  I aimed to have the left 2 wheels over the curb on the left hander (all 4 unsettled it too much), out as far as possible to the right hand side, but without brushing the wall, and without straightening the steering at all - always turning left.  Then a tiny lift on the way into the 2nd part, and trying to have it all hooked up and straight (again, almost brushing the wall) on the way out.  Feels excellent when you get it right, and awful when you clip one of the barriers...

Completely different in races, where you needed to be tighter on the right hander at the bottom of the hill to maintain position, and then there was little point trying to nail the chicane as the risk was too high.  A mediocre / safe chicane would still see you keeping up with anyone in front who did nail it, but a mistake meant you'd be seconds behind, or worse.  Factor in the number of times other people would get it wrong and being safe was a much better option, most of the time.

2 hours ago, marsh said:

Time set with the tundra on a pad, the handling of which is way better than it has any right to be. Lets see those dancing feet on those pedals now edmunds!

Haha. With all the elegance of, well sometime with vey little elegance.

11 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

well lately lobby connection couldn't get much worse!

Actually you're just making excuses to not get the wheel out and join us!

Quick! Delete before he sees it.

What tends to happen on an endurance race is that about halfway through, I'll get myself into a decent position and then get booted out of the game.

Too much on again, boy playing rugby 5 times a week which means I'm either chef, or cabbie. In terms of performance value per mile, I've got it licked.

27 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Come on guys, there's no way I should be top of the leaderboard with that truck thing.  2:34.5 to beat :)

FFS, always when I'm due to be away with work! :angry:

Due to it's size I think there's a full second to be had taking liberties with kerbs imo.

Pls no one go faster so I don’t have to do that again. 

😬

Vlad this one has your name all over it. 

Obscure slow car: Check

Bath or Tsu: Check check.

I expect to see a 2.32 minimum. :blah:

Er.......thanks?

Two questions, has anyone got a decent setup for the mini at goodwood in the time trial? currently inside the top 1000 but there's heaps more to get out of a tuned classic mini. Secondly, has mnrc ever done an endurance kart race?

Hi, I'm not really a part of all this, sorry - In an extremely late to the party kind of move, I'm playing Gran Turismo Sport for the first time. Just got curious about it before the next game comes out next year. I'm not even thinking about online play, I'm just checking out the content for a single-player. It's funny - when I put the disc in to install, it checked the disc for a second, said "Installation from disc complete", then downloaded 57GB. I should have just bought digital...

Anyway, I'm a bit concerned that some people are saying today's 1.68 update is 57GB, when it should just be a hundred-ish MB. Looks like something is broken and it's downloading 68 updates again for some people. Since I just downloaded that much last week, I don't want to see that happen and I'm a little scared to fire it up.

What update sizes do you fellas have?

33 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

What update sizes do you fellas have?

Mine was so quick I never noticed and I’m on crap slow broadband. I think it was 122MB , but I have heard others saying it’s been taking ages so you might not be alone in that regard

On 28/09/2021 at 14:04, mexos said:

Pls no one go faster so I don’t have to do that again. 

😬

Vlad this one has your name all over it. 

Obscure slow car: Check

Bath or Tsu: Check check.

I expect to see a 2.32 minimum. :blah:

Down to a very low 2.34.

Keep getting asked or interupted by people doing or asking dumb shit all the time. I need to go racing irl, I miss the solitude of man and machine. 

Or just hide it all in a shed at the bottom of the garden...