Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

1 hour ago, mexos said:

That is a mega lap, well done.

cheers. Honestly though I think I could go sub 1:37 ( my car record shows a 1:37.0).

Thing is, there is such a wide variety of really technical corners on this track it's really hard to nail a lap. 

Taycan S turbo at the redbull ring this week, I do find it slightly odd that someone at porsche decided it should sound like a WW2 aircraft. Pad time in the bag, wheel to follow later this week.

5 hours ago, McSpeed said:

We missed you again last night ;)

:) Yeah I was a zombie... work and travelling... sigh. I'm actually contemplating having a gaming hardware cull at the moment as I never get time to use any of it as much as it deserves. If I manage a couple of hours a week these days I'm lucky. :( 

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

:) Yeah I was a zombie... work and travelling... sigh. I'm actually contemplating having a gaming hardware cull at the moment as I never get time to use any of it as much as it deserves. If I manage a couple of hours a week these days I'm lucky. :( 

That's my relationship with GT Sport in a nutshell. You'll be fine.

Race A this week in the Taycan is a write off. I’ve got no idea what it’s doing under braking. It made me think my pedals were broken and I had to try race B to check.

4 hours ago, Junker said:

Race A this week in the Taycan is a write off. I’ve got no idea what it’s doing under braking. It made me think my pedals were broken and I had to try race B to check.

:lol:

:eyebrows:

:bye:

Did you beat my pad time? the only thing that's weird about that car is the noise it makes*

*I'm sure with pedals all kinds of weird shit is happening with the regen, if that's technically possible?

So after Monday Night Racing Club, @Junker bet me I could do a 2:20 at Spa in this week's Daily Race B time trial. 

He and @Corranga each uploaded a lap for me to view and get some pointers from. 

I'm not into the 2:20s yet but I did manage a 2:21.0 (in the Huracán, not the 'Vette they both recommended). 

Made a video although it's a bit small. 

Junker on top (2:18.2), then Corranga (2:20.0), then me at the bottom (2:21.0). Did my best to synchronise them although I don't really know what I'm doing

I do reckon I can take another couple of seconds off this. I ragequit after going a full second up in sector 1 before binning it in sector 2 🤦‍♂️

My technique through the bus stop is not brilliant either. I reckon that costs me at least a few tenths, maybe a whole second against Corranga. 

Edited to add: if this works, it should be a tall version of the same thing, that should work better on phones: 

@jonathanhoey - It's coming together, you're on the

My 2:20 

At around 1.55-1.58 your ABS light is flickering, and it's the run through Paul Frere / Blanchimont which is of course flat, might be nothing / the video is small, but check your brake pedal / foot isn't dragging the brake.

As you've said in the Bus Stop, you're loosing lots of time.  Abuse the entry kerb on the right hander, then try to get as far to the right before turning to the left, then get on the throttle with the car pointing as straight as you can.

The Lambo is a quick car, but getting the power down easily is it's weakness.  FR cars*  like the Corvette, Aston, Jag do it much easier (*generally, this isn't true of the Supra which is super twitchy, especially on harder tyres).  In my experience, this means that you can push, say 8/10th with MR and get a quicker time than FR, but trying to get those extra tenths is easier in FR.  That said, the Corvette is an odd car as pushing that extra amount doesn't reward, my lap in the video, I was pushing too hard, and 

La Source is another one for gaining lots of time, I actually think all 3 of us have a less than ideal line in the video.  I let the front wash out a little mid corner and Junker and yourself end up a little far right, leaving space, and speed on your left, I think indicating you can be on the power earlier, or perhaps, straighten up towards the outer kerb, on the power so the wheels start to grip up, then turn a bit more to complete if that makes sense.  I felt that night I was entering the corner a bit early, I mentioned it ot Junker in chat at the time, but we all look to be entering around the same place.  Try entering a little later, and still clipping the apex. 

When you're driving it, it feels deceptively like a corner close to 90 degrees, but it's a lot more than that (if that makes sense!)  Early apex means you end up straightening out a bit to avoid hitting the wall.

Beat Tsunoda is all about restraint and not letting the car slide. It's awful at the start as it's hyper easy to invalidate your lap but once you dial it all back, be slow but then ramp up your speed its alright. 

282nd at the moment, I'll be chuffed with top 500 by the end of it. 

2 hours ago, mexos said:

Beat Tsunoda is all about restraint and not letting the car slide. It's awful at the start as it's hyper easy to invalidate your lap but once you dial it all back, be slow but then ramp up your speed its alright. 

282nd at the moment, I'll be chuffed with top 500 by the end of it. 

Do we know his time yet?

4 minutes ago, Junker said:

Do we know his time yet?

Amazingly no. I've searched all over the place, it was the same last time. PD don't know how to do digital campaigns. At all.

10 hours ago, Corranga said:

@jonathanhoey

At around 1.55-1.58 your ABS light is flickering, and it's the run through Paul Frere / Blanchimont which is of course flat, might be nothing / the video is small, but check your brake pedal / foot isn't dragging the brake.

Good eyes, that man. I hadn’t clocked it at all but I’d be fairly certain I was resting my foot on the pedal. I don’t *think* it’s cost me much time there but it’s definitely something to be aware of and avoid.

10 hours ago, Corranga said:

As you've said in the Bus Stop, you're loosing lots of time.  Abuse the entry kerb on the right hander, then try to get as far to the right before turning to the left, then get on the throttle with the car pointing as straight as you can.

Honestly I was just glad to get it home by that point. The amount of otherwise decent laps I’d already wasted by looping it at the chicane. You can actually see I get a big snap of oversteer here but manage to catch it.

Conversely I also did many laps with a much better/quicker path through the chicane, but slower overall because of mistakes elsewhere. That’s why I’m saying there’s still a couple more seconds in me, if I can just hook it all up.

4 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Good eyes, that man. I hadn’t clocked it at all but I’d be fairly certain I was resting my foot on the pedal. I don’t *think* it’s cost me much time there but it’s definitely something to be aware of and avoid.

I wouldn’t automatically blame yourself. It looks a lot like what my pedals do. They “flicker” at either extreme, so full throttle can register as flickering between 95-100% and “no brake” registers as flickering between 0-5%. They probably do it the other way round too, but I don’t notice. It’s more distracting than anything as I don’t think it actually makes that much difference to your lap time, but I’ve certainly missed a braking point or two whilst trying to kick the accelerator pedal into submission.

There are (obviously!) YouTube videos detailing how to take everything apart to clean the potentiometer internals, but I’ve been keeping things at bay with a good blast of compressed air and WD40 electrical contact cleaner. Taking the pedal box apart once a week to get access is a pain though…

On 17/09/2021 at 00:15, mexos said:

Well I give up with my pedals. Party is over. I was hoping they would last till Fanatec ships the PS compatible DD, but alas then are no longer working.

I realise I will have to try these again... 😬

41FUL7KN31L._AC_.jpg

I plug them in I do a few laps, they are awful. They weigh about the same as a Pret sandwich so they flop about all over the place. And the travel is x2 what I am used to, yikes. 

They're OK bolted to a stand

Sorry haven't been in this thread for ages :D

Thinking of selling my T-300 and wheel stand (and PS5 :facepalm:)

Has anyone got any links to the race from Sunday night? I had no idea it was being recorded/watched.....good job I didn't roll out my 'don't say fuck or bugger' line :facepalm:

And it was loaded ready to go.

20 minutes ago, marsh said:

Has anyone got any links to the race from Sunday night? I had no idea it was being recorded/watched.....good job I didn't roll out my 'don't say fuck or bugger' line :facepalm:

And it was loaded ready to go.

Includes the whole session, so Sprint race first, and the main race starts about 12 minutes in.

(And you're safe, there's no commentary / chat included so you can swear to your heart's content :) )

51 minutes ago, Junker said:

Bit late sorry but last week’s daily race qualifying leaderboards

race A - such a typical @marsh affair that one

8A2E7D44-A96A-4743-8B80-72D98BE335FB.jpeg

Which reminds me I have to extract more speed out of that stupid little honda thing, which I quite like irl....