IGNORED

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

McSpeed

7 hours ago, mexos said:

Another meh trailer that shows nothing new.

Are you sure? There’s quite a few new cars shown and apparently the swooshy lines joined up trace out the old Deep Forest track. 
 I quite like the cryptic nature of it all, shows they’re having a bit of fun with it.

@Junker was obviously too busy pounding round and round Brands Hatch last night to grab the leaderboards, so you'll have to put up with my not-so-pretty versions :)

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
1	JUNKERDENB		0:55.916
2	Fretnoise		0:56.802
3	vladthegimp10		0:57.163
4	jonathanhoey1981	0:58.453
5	fighterdj		0:59.227

Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B II
1	Astrol-Martin		2:12.160
2	fighterdj		2:12.328
3	jonathanhoey1981	2:15.402

Nürburgring GP
1	Fretnoise		2:06.777
2	GT3_Will		2:09.119
3	fighterdj		2:09.589
4	jonathanhoey1981	2:10.568

Well done Junker, Louis and, err - me!  :D

We complain about no new tracks and dailies being the same and then they do St Croix backwards and only 3 of us bother 🤣

we should do a Monday Night Race Club just one car class all night round the different versions of St Croix as they’re all great, just hard to learn 

26 minutes ago, Junker said:

We complain about no new tracks and dailies being the same and then they do St Croix backwards and only 3 of us bother 🤣

we should do a Monday Night Race Club just one car class all night round the different versions of St Croix as they’re all great, just hard to learn 

My brain just can't cope with the reverse tracks - it spends the whole time going "ooh, I know this bit, right next", when it's actually left, so I start thinking "right = left", and then I actually start learning the track but can't let go of the "right = left" thing so still end up in most of the barriers.

There's a reason real race tracks don't do reverse layouts and I like to think it's more to do with race drivers' limited brain capacities rather than silly little things like safety concerns and lack of runoff areas...

20 hours ago, Junker said:

Yup, if we set a date for it in like 2 or 3 weeks time i'd make the time to learn. the tracks.

Having sold my PS5 on here and before I go to eBay - would anyone be interested in my T-300 RS and Wheel Stand Lite? I think they're like £290 + £120 new so looking for £200 for both or something :) I have all the boxes and bits for both.

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

You guys are so lucky, not having to race against the… calibre of drivers my son faces on line:

I see the problem there, and it's that 'E' driver rating. Unless you are A or B you'll find yourself dealing with all the dickheads. The malicious twats that should be playing wreckfest.

Braking too hard for 130R.....:coffee:

2 minutes ago, marsh said:

I see the problem there, and it's that 'E' driver rating. Unless you are A or B you'll find yourself dealing with all the dickheads. The malicious twats that should be playing wrecfest.

Braking too hard for 130R.....:coffee:

I’ll let him know.

4 minutes ago, morcs said:

What the hell is that music! I forgot that was an option :lol:

Oh yeah, forgot: because he’s playing on the 2nd front-room telly, he plays in complete silence.

Well, not complete silence. In fact he was doing a running commentary for a friend on the phone. 

otherwise he has headphones plugged into the controller.

So that video is the first time I’ve heard the in-game audio since… the previous video?

11 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I’ll let him know.

It's a deceptively quick corner, sort of, brake, turn in, power down past the apex. Spoon is similar in that past the apex you should be on the power asap and using the full width of the road to find traction.

As for the E rating, just toil away at the back of the dailies and get out of that shithousery.

Oh, and join MNRC, even if it's for the first race, we don't all hit the party.

2 hours ago, marsh said:

As for the E rating, just toil away at the back of the dailies and get out of that shithousery.

you have to finish high up the standings to improve your DR though? So qualy on pole and try and drive away from the mess ideally no? it's your Sportsmanship Rating where you wanna just avoid buggers and not touch anyone...

actually looking at the vid, that could be higher, it needs to be 'S' at all times and you'll still get nobbers in an A / S lobby.

2 hours ago, morcs said:

Having sold my PS5 on here and before I go to eBay - would anyone be interested in my T-300 RS and Wheel Stand Lite? I think they're like £290 + £120 new so looking for £200 for both or something :) I have all the boxes and bits for both.

I’m potentially interested in the wheel - my T150 is wearing out and won’t last forever, so a T300 is the obvious upgrade - but I absolutely don’t need the stand as I’ve got a Playseat. In principle would you split? Also whereabouts do you live? 

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

you have to finish high up the standings to improve your DR though? So qualy on pole and try and drive away from the mess ideally no? it's your Sportsmanship Rating where you wanna just avoid buggers and not touch anyone...

actually looking at the vid, that could be higher, it needs to be 'S' at all times and you'll still get nobbers in an A / S lobby.

Yup - I got nudged off in both my FIA races last night - DR A, SR S.  I'm trying to convince myself it was carelessness or just mistakes, but I'm not sure.

I actually think you get better racing in the B / A lobbies.  In my mind, people are trying to race well (to get into DR A) and clean (to get into SR S), but as soon as they get into the A / S brackets, they revert to Wreckfest-isms.

1 hour ago, jonathanhoey said:

I’m potentially interested in the wheel - my T150 is wearing out and won’t last forever, so a T300 is the obvious upgrade - but I absolutely don’t need the stand as I’ve got a Playseat. In principle would you split? Also whereabouts do you live? 

Yeah I can split, say 160 for the wheel? I'm in Leamington Spa. I should warn you the pedals are the same as the T-150 but with metal plates 😅 The FF mechanism is a fair bit better though.

2 hours ago, Varnsen said:

:facepalm:

I'll get me coat, typically goes to show how little I play and how wrong I've got it.

@mexos that fuji lap needs work....

1 hour ago, morcs said:

Yeah I can split, say 160 for the wheel? I'm in Leamington Spa. I should warn you the pedals are the same as the T-150 but with metal plates 😅 The FF mechanism is a fair bit better though.

If for any reason this should fall through, I'll be back up.  I'd just need the wheel / pedals as well for the same reason as Jonathan.

Just putting this out there..

last year we did a charity event - a Christmas race in MX-5 touring cars with a Christmas livery competition. 
 Through the massive generosity of folks on here and our friends in the Monday Night Racing Club we raised £110 for the charity SpecialEffect.

I’d like to do something similar this year so I’m interested in ideas.

Do we stick with the same format or do something different?

Quite a few Dutchies race with us and donated generously last year so I was thinking maybe we go for a more European or international charity?