Jump to content
IGNORED

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK


McSpeed
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 30/10/2021 at 12:07, jonathanhoey said:


I think the responsible thing for me to do is save the money. Please go ahead and sell to @fretnoise 👍🏻

 

I've had the T300 for a few days now, and I'm happy to say it's a massive improvement over the Logitech G29.  It's not quite as big as moving from pad to G29, but really it's not far off.  There's feedback that the T300 gives that simply isn't there on the G29 - specifically the light, high frequency vibration you get during understeer, which I'm hoping will give me a real boost when it comes to consistency in tyre-bound races.  Overall, the wheel feels much more substantial and 'proper'.

 

"Friends don't let friends buy Logitech if the Thrustmaster is an option" :)

 

So thanks again to @morcs and @jonathanhoey :)

 

Now I've just got to carry on convincing myself that I don't need the loadcell pedals.  Or the open wheel rim.  And especially not the SF1000 replica rim. (I actually don't want that last one - massive overkill for GT Sport I imagine, since most of the buttons would just sit there looking pretty ugly)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

😊

 

I convinced myself the brake pedal wasn't worth upgrading, because whilst a heavier pedal might seem more realistic, it still won't provide any more feedback. Something I noticed in karts is there is feedback when you lock-up that you just don't get in a sim. I wonder if anyone's ever made a FF brake pedal? Though it would need the software to support it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, morcs said:

😊

 

I convinced myself the brake pedal wasn't worth upgrading, because whilst a heavier pedal might seem more realistic, it still won't provide any more feedback. Something I noticed in karts is there is feedback when you lock-up that you just don't get in a sim. I wonder if anyone's ever made a FF brake pedal? Though it would need the software to support it too.

I think you're right. I've got the T300 and went from the T3PA pedals to the T-LCM and even though they are more rugged and the load cell adds to the "realism" of it all, I don't think I'm any faster with them. Partly because I think my Playseat challenge isn't sturdy enough.

 

As for @fretnoise and your imaginary vibrations... I was gobsmacked about that. I pretended I knew what you were on about but I must be a right Neanderthal as I'm not sure I can feel anything that subtle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Junker said:

As for @fretnoise and your imaginary vibrations... I was gobsmacked about that. I pretended I knew what you were on about but I must be a right Neanderthal as I'm not sure I can feel anything that subtle.

Well it transpired last night that you have the FFB set so slow as to be almost off!  Maybe it's that!? :D

 

Honestly though (and I'm fairly sure this isn't just me justifying the purchase to myself, but that might be a bit of that), there's definitely more detail in the T300's FFB versus the G29.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Junker, Corranga and I were in the Historic7 race last night at the same Monza layout in frankly ridiculous Mustangs on cardboard tyres, and I'm fairly sure we managed 40 minutes of fairly close racing without a single punting incident.  Public lobbies are just like the wild west though :(

 

Speaking of which...

 

There was a moment during the sprint race where someone shouted out over the live chat "don't just head straight for the inside"

Do you or @Junker know if that was Chauspain?

 

At the time (timestamped video), I thought it was and that he was talking to me, but maybe I'm just being overly paranoid. You can see between 2:20 and 2:21 as we drive by the camera he is just over the white line (the front woolworths car) and I'm miles away giving plenty of space (blue car)

 

Junker, I've had a scan through and Ian didn't capture your faux pas into della Roggia, but something that did surprise me was how well I caught the car, and didn't loose that much time.  Glad it didn't put me into the car that was heading down the inside mind :D

 

For everyone else, here's an hours crazy racing in heavy powerful cars with actual comfort softs.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys I don't know how many of you will have seen this already, but Wev (RivaOni, who has raced with us in MNRC in the past) is going through a tough time with his family at the moment. Forum member And has set up a Gofundme to help: 

 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/wev-needs-some-help?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

 

See also the pinned thread in OT. 

 

Just drawing attention to it in case anyone would like to put something in. Every time Joe says "See God then brake" on the radio on a Monday night, I always think of Wev. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Guys I don't know how many of you will have seen this already, but Wev (RivaOni, who has raced with us in MNRC in the past) is going through a tough time with his family at the moment. Forum member And has set up a Gofundme to help: 

 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/wev-needs-some-help?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

 

See also the pinned thread in OT. 

 

Just drawing attention to it in case anyone would like to put something in. Every time Joe says "See God then brake" on the radio on a Monday night, I always think of Wev. 

 

Oof, I did not know about this until now.

 

Donated right away and wishing them all the best!

 

Somehow repeating that quote out loud rung a bell last Monday, interestingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 14:12, McSpeed said:

 

Oof, I did not know about this until now.

 

Donated right away and wishing them all the best!

 

Somehow repeating that quote out loud rung a bell last Monday, interestingly.

 

Tragic developments this morning.-_-

 

Maybe our xmas charity thing should be of his choosing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Varnsen I think you were asking about flutter on your pedals last night?

 

I had the same thing - it's incredibly frustrating.

 

I used this video to get an idea of how the pedals work... but I did not go to the lengths this guy did - it looked like a very easy way of ending up with no pedals at all...

 

This guy has a much more pragmatic approach:

 

I settled on a halfway house - I didn't drill holes in the housing, but left most of the screws out of the base and left the clutch pedal without its face plate, so I could usually get in and give everything a quick clean in 5 minutes or so.  I'm on a Playseat Challenge, so the pedals are just attached with velcro strap, so ymmv if you're bolted down etc.

 

I give the pots a quick spray with some compressed air (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable-400ml/dp/B000MQ7DZC?th=1)

 

Then I give them a decent soaking with contact cleaner (https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD40D-N-A-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B006UCJ5WQ?th=1

 

As Jonathan said last night, the pots have a little hole you can spray into using the straw that comes with the cans of air and contact cleaner, so you don't need to dismantle anything other than getting the case apart.  If you're struggling with that, you've probably missed the screws down beside the carpet gripper thing :) I ended up giving them a quick once over about every 2 weeks.

 

Hope it helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ahhh nice thanks!

 

I'm definitely going to ruin my pedals....

 

 

but that's good as I can then go all Fanatec and the Mrs won't mind cos the old stuff is somehow broken beyond repair!

 

I will try and repair the G29 properly though. God knows how long it take to actually get my hands on Fanatec clobber atm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

ahhh nice thanks!

 

I'm definitely going to ruin my pedals....

 

 

but that's good as I can then go all Fanatec and the Mrs won't mind cos the old stuff is somehow broken beyond repair!

 

I will try and repair the G29 properly though. God knows how long it take to actually get my hands on Fanatec clobber atm. 

 

Good luck.  I remember a particular MNRC race (karts at Sardegna, I think) where I was being out dragged on every straight because my throttle pedal wasn't registering 100% and my brake pedal was fluttering when I was nowhere near it.  I spent most of the race kicking hell out of the throttle and hooking my left foot under the brake trying to pull it up to stop it registering, as if racing doesn't need enough attention as it is!  It might not seem like much but in time trials you can definitely see it, as your ghost speeds away from you up the straights and there's nothing you can do about it.  Infuriating.

 

I've gone all Thrustmaster now, and will upgrade to their magnetic pedals if this set go the same way.  I'd offer up my Logitech ones, but I'm afraid they've been requisitioned by my son... not sure I'd get away with stealing them back!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I was saying last night, just do not use normal WD40 to try and clean pots. The trouble is it superficially appears to work, but because it’s waxy, you will swiftly end up with more congealed dust and crud in there than before you started. 
 

I’ve always used Servisol Super 10.

 

The WD40-branded contact cleaner that fretnoise linked above will presumably do a job. I’d just be inclined to avoid it solely so that I couldn’t mix it up with original WD40 by mistake! 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

The WD40-branded contact cleaner that fretnoise linked above will presumably do a job. I’d just be inclined to avoid it solely so that I couldn’t mix it up with original WD40 by mistake! 😀

 

:) I've specifically stored the two things very far apart form each other for just that reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

God knows how long it take to actually get my hands on Fanatec clobber atm. 

 

My guess is the DD is launched in the next week or so, pre order maybe before Christmas and the first wave of units in hands for the GT7 launch.

 

Hopefully they won't do the pre order crap process they did with the DD and they just put it on sale but I think it will be a similar process unless Sony say do it X way instead.

 

I don't expect to have one till at least May if I am honest. 🤢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mexos said:

 

My guess is the DD is launched in the next week or so, pre order maybe before Christmas and the first wave of units in hands for the GT7 launch.

 

Hopefully they won't do the pre order crap process they did with the DD and they just put it on sale but I think it will be a similar process unless Sony say do it X way instead.

 

I don't expect to have one till at least May if I am honest. 🤢

Think you're exactly right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

 

Good luck.  I remember a particular MNRC race (karts at Sardegna, I think) where I was being out dragged on every straight because my throttle pedal wasn't registering 100% and my brake pedal was fluttering when I was nowhere near it.  I spent most of the race kicking hell out of the throttle and hooking my left foot under the brake trying to pull it up to stop it registering, as if racing doesn't need enough attention as it is!  It might not seem like much but in time trials you can definitely see it, as your ghost speeds away from you up the straights and there's nothing you can do about it.  Infuriating.

 

I've gone all Thrustmaster now, and will upgrade to their magnetic pedals if this set go the same way.  I'd offer up my Logitech ones, but I'm afraid they've been requisitioned by my son... not sure I'd get away with stealing them back!

 

Thanks for the tips. It was definitely starting to be a problem last night, the throttle blipping all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.