rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Couple of shots from Monday of cars in close proximity yet somehow not barging each other off the track :)

9B779AF7-5367-498D-8A7F-0FEAE3FB66ED.jpeg

F9A582A4-A1C9-4633-9B93-03C380A1B6F6.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I found another 5 seconds but I’m still 5 seconds off the lead?! Can you stop going faster pls. :quote:

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Ahh, someone at my own pace! Now I have motivation to try again :)

Previously I could only see you faster guys on my leaderboard, and when you're 30 seconds off the pace it feels a bit pointless to try again.

Incidentally I foolishly downloaded Igor Fraga's ghost thinking I could see where I was losing time. By the fourth corner he's already disappearing out of view, lol.

• Upvote 2

While I'm happy with my time, I worked out I'm three seconds a sector slower than the leader, that's obscene.

Thought that race C time was at risk! had a dabble yesterday but was expecting a Junker late night lunge.

Can you pick up the ring times on tuesday night? I'm away and I think that finishes at odds with the normal stuff?

9 hours ago, Throbin Hood said:

Picked this up over the weekend, any recommendations for cars or series to pick up as I work my way through?

Just go for the prizes in the Mission mode (or whatevers it's called), then spend any cash you get on the Mazda Roadster Touring, any Gr.4 and Gr.3 car and one of the two Super Formula cars, then try and be available for Monday nights

• Upvote 4

On 09/08/2019 at 20:45, marsh said:

:eyebrows:

67723860_10156751187777979_7646160707464986624_o.jpg

:hmm:

I'm now in the 8.35's and there is still LOADS of time for me to find in some corners, BUT... I get to about 6 mins through the lap and the concentration just starts to slip. 3 laps in a row I was up on my time and pathetically understeered off into the same gravel trap.

I will have one final go tonight before we race. I think gimp boy has got this one, fair play that is a cracking time.

• Upvote 1

:lol:

I thought that was possible with the new TT?

If it's any consolation my controller did get launched into a pile of cushions on the sofa (I'm not daft) as I couldn't make it through the first time sector without falling off the road yesterday. The 911 at the ring is as near to racing a quad bike that I've encountered, point it at a corner about a week before you want to go through it and hope for the best. I've got the brake bias set to three at the rear and the TC wound down to one, though I suspect I could just switch it off?

Must get that racing rig started....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, marsh said:

Thought that race C time was at risk! had a dabble yesterday but was expecting a Junker late night lunge.

Can you pick up the ring times on tuesday night? I'm away and I think that finishes at odds with the normal stuff?

Thought about it but I’d got guests round and drunk way too much gin so wasn’t happening!

yes, I’ll screenshot the leaderboard early weds morning. I still haven’t had a go on that yet.

2 hours ago, fretnoise said:

You didn’t fancy a late Sunday spoiler on this one this week then? :) 

I did but Gin got in the way. Don’t drink and drive kids :blink2:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wev said:

Now we just need to find @Batmobiles

That would be my 1 year old daughter, when she attempts to poke my eye out ;)

Probably not going to be about tonight, as we have guests visiting.   If they don't stick about to late, I will try and sneak on for the last race :)

• Upvote 1

Monday night again, to back to the forum racing at 8:30 UK time tonight :)

Hoping to have another great turnout like last week, when we set off with 12 forumites and friends in the lobby! (Will refrain from paging now due to vacation times for several people, though.)

Also bring a Porsche 911 Turbo (the old one) for serious sideways fun :D

15 hours ago, Throbin Hood said:

Picked this up over the weekend, any recommendations for cars or series to pick up as I work my way through?

Nice, welcome! By all means feel free to join in the online races tonight - add me on PSN (Joe_McSpeed) if you like :)

In that case, as indicated by others, get a Mazda Roadster Racing Car, Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 (can be gotten for free by signing a manufacturer contract) and Super Formula car - as well as the Porsche 911 Turbo.

• Upvote 1

Great racing tonight! Will bang a couple of replays on tomorrow. Mazda racing first class.

• Upvote 3

My wooden spoon remains unchallenged! :lol:

I'm just not as fast as you lot! But I'll stick with it.

Relatively speaking I had a much nicer time at Brands Hatch than at Catalunya. LMPs are just too fast for me and that circuit has too many technical corners. There's one particular 300-degree left where every lap it was "understeer, understeer, understeer, OH MY GOD OVERSTEER". Wouldn't turn in at all for ages, then all of a sudden the back end was around too far and I was facing the left hand wall.

Getting lapped twice was a bit ignominious but what can you do.  :)

Oh lads, about last night :omg:

Enjoy these six minutes of rllmuk GT Sport bliss:

13 hours ago, PDogg said:

Might be able to join at 9.30, will you still be on?

We usually stay on until around 23:00 at latest, so yeah :) Would be great to have you back in the forum racing, too!

32 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

My wooden spoon remains unchallenged! :lol:

I'm just not as fast as you lot! But I'll stick with it.

Relatively speaking I had a much nicer time at Brands Hatch than at Catalunya. LMPs are just too fast for me and that circuit has too many technical corners. There's one particular 300-degree left where every lap it was "understeer, understeer, understeer, OH MY GOD OVERSTEER". Wouldn't turn in at all for ages, then all of a sudden the back end was around too far and I was facing the left hand wall.

Getting lapped twice was a bit ignominious but what can you do.  :)

Regardless, always happy to have you join in the racing fun :) The only way to get better is by gaining experience - both practicing yourself (if you have time) and most definitely by joining in the races. Try to follow another car in practice/quali for instance to get a look at good racing lines!

• Upvote 6

Sorry I had to drop out last night guys - real life and all that.  I can offer a word of caution about being dragged out on family taxi service directly after a GT race....!

The 911s were amazing fun (although apologies to @Beezer for cutting across you at least twice as I struggled to get the thing to turn).  They're a great equalizer and it's cool to be in such close proximity to other players for the whole race.  Particularly enjoyed the synchro drifting with @McSpeed during qualy!

The shot of the LMPs around Catalunya looks amazing - I believe the cool kids say "well jell" :)

• Upvote 1