rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Half way there.

Sneaky little hobbits.

I assume you've got some magical setup in that Merc??

Nope, I had similar times in the bug, f-type, Aston and 997. The Merc I found just a teeny bit more stable for my driving style.  No special set up. I can’t be arsed with that. Will tell you what it is in about 11 days. 8-)

Found half a second by short gearing the Porsche, I need to get better hooked up through a couple of the corners, but I can't help feel like I'm just missing something.....

Right folks, I'll be missing out on tomorrow night's action due to Gamescom. To keep our momentum going and everyone else enjoying the Monday night racing, could I ask@PeteBrant or @mexos  to take over hosting duties again? :)

Also keep an eye out for this in the near future - I'll be away for pretty much all of September (Monza + Singapore + week off) so expect me to miss 4 weeks in a row around that time.

Will still be racing on 2nd September mind!

Last week’s Daily Race results. Sorry if I missed anyone, Send me a friend request if you want to be included 

Race A

85FCA0D3-8FF0-41BD-9911-A57D7E20F91B.jpeg

16 hours ago, McSpeed said:

could I ask@PeteBrant or @mexos  to take over hosting duties again? :)

Righto chaps, cleared it with the missus, have my wheel set up and have been playing this a lot the last 2 days (although I'm nothing special). @PeteBrant, @mexos, feel free to add me (PDogg) and should be good to play tonight :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Race C

BF420E8B-60D6-43A8-9F66-56EE15680CE4.jpeg

Much obliged as always. I have no idea who this chap is on my friends list (apologies if it's someone on here) however there was an outlandish time set:

69284915_10156772830687979_2332040862315315200_o.thumb.jpg.23dcf05607d748b2c2232ad891a7cae1.jpg

17 minutes ago, marsh said:

Much obliged as always. I have no idea who this chap is on my friends list (apologies if it's someone on here) however there was an outlandish time set:

69284915_10156772830687979_2332040862315315200_o.thumb.jpg.23dcf05607d748b2c2232ad891a7cae1.jpg

You mean @T4RG4? :)

• Upvote 1

@Beezer@marsh@GwiDan@Batmobile@mexos@scoobysi@parrapatheslapper@wev@PDogg@max renn@MattKB@T4RG4@fretnoise@beenabadbunny@grindmouse@Varnsen@Marvin Morris@Dudley@Darwock @Junker

Plus anyone else I have missed out...

Room will be open at 8:30pm

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ME ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST - PeeBee71

Then you know the drill, open the lobbies and show only rooms with friends and join

Probably start out with some N200's (we havent done the RX-8s for a while...) or some more MX-5 action

Then GR4,3 and maybe 2, or SuperForumla or C's. Anyway, always open to suggestions.

• Upvote 5

Nurburgring GP was fab. I like the real circuits so much more than the fictional ones even though a lot of those are really good. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wev said:

Yeah, some interesting choices tonight,  circuits that we don't do often. Those N600s can get ta fuck though! :lol:

If anyone wants to spend 2 and a half hours watching me bin it, I did actually stream tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/crispyw0nt0n/v/469486355?sr=a&t=2s

That's decent, and I stand by my comments about Mansell's biography! I've read it so you don't have to.

Only managed to join in time for the final race (Super Formula at Suzuka). Great fun even though I was 10 seconds off the pace. I didn't get lapped (not quite enough time in a 7-lap race) but I didn't get to finish my final lap, which is always a bit disappointing :)

Thanks for the invite last night, sorry I had to ignore it but 2 mates dropped by and saw the wheel setup and wanted to try it themselves, then we stuck it in VR and then I had to give them the VR guided tour which takes a while. They loved it but I didn't get a chance to play last night and I was quite gutted. How do I get involved in the TT being discussed, @Junker do I just add you?

@PDogg add everyone on those leaderboard pictures from above, I have you already so that's one down (one that you probably won't have to worry about beating)

@marsh I started one of his autobiographies, it's really old one, but have up on it really early on :lol:

Like I mentioned the Derek Warrick episode of Beyond the Grid is really good, he talks about Senna, Villeneuve, Renault and his brother 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wev said:

@marsh I started one of his autobiographies, it's really old one, but have up on it really early on :lol:

Like I mentioned the Derek Warrick episode of Beyond the Grid is really good, he talks about Senna, Villeneuve, Renault and his brother 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll track that down.

I spent a bit of time playing golf at Woodbury park golf club a few years ago,(Mansell owned it/developed it I think) and you'd hear the odd tale about how he'd pitch up, tell everyone to fuck off so he could have the place to himself. So I'm kind of like, probably urban myth, and then you read his book that people seemed to rave about at the time and you just think 'this mans an arsehole' so yeah, it was a good bit of business on his part. Think he made quite a bit of cash out of it, I never went into the museum though, and I don't think it's there anymore.

Anyway, the epic mexos battle from last night, would have taken some kind of Vettel style borderline cheating lunge to get past I think:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

Have they added anything in VR to this yet, in terms of 'proper' races? Or will we have to wait until the PS5 port?

I don't think the current gen has the oomph to do races in VR. We'll need to wait for PS5 unfortunately.

More accurately you'll need to wait for PS5 *and* however long it takes PD to get around to releasing a new GT/GTS - which lets face it, could be PS6.

They've got a lot of momentum going with the FIA stuff though, so I can see GTS being continued in some form on the next-gen, so there's no interruption in the championships.

I think it'll be a very gradual shift to the new platform, there's still far too many people playing and loads of content being bolted on to just bin it off. Why would you stop it in it's tracks?