rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Keep up the progress @McSpeed

Very much enjoying the various battles I'm having against the TT regulars. Struggling with Laguna Seca, wasted time in the NSX at Spa, and did four laps at Bathurst to get into the 2.13's

Got to get the flow of Laguna Seca, there's a decent laptime in there somewhere....

• Upvote 1

All the best Joe and happy holidays! Keep resting and hopefully you’ll feel better in no time!

@marsh I won’t be touching that spa wet lap time, I could barely keep the thing on the track! 

Annoyingly I did a fast lap on Laguna seca, a sub 1:23 and it’s not showing as my record time. It’s there as my best lap, there’s a ghost and replay but maybe I was disconnected from the network or something. 

great track to TT though and nice to have it in the game. 

• Upvote 2

Picked this up for my son on the cheap. Looking forward to getting back into a Gran Turismo game. GT3 was probably the last one I put significant time into. Never got on with the PS3 ones at all 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, marsh said:

I'd probably start installing that now......might be ready for new years day.

did that yesterday before wrapping 

Just now, bradigor said:

*applause*

Pro level achieved, I somehow need to distract my youngest and get 'The Touryst' installed between now and sometime tomorrow.....hopefully before the global bandwidth peaks.

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

544504389_download(1).jpeg.1d76783e1869d664c95507926d6c4b83.jpeg

On Monday evenings from 8:30pm

• Upvote 3

@McSpeed all the best, rest and recuperate and come “back stronger“ as Crouchie would say.

Merry Christmas to all, I hope Santa brings all the wheels, pedals and racing kit you wished for :D.

• Upvote 6

I can't see it making me £500 faster. Wonder if any of the worlds best go 'can I have a pad if we do Bathurst?'

Nobles time round Laguna Seca is stupidly quick.

Daniel Solis AKA Dodge Lamb is a high profile competitor that uses a pad, but he received no leeway at all from the organizers and was forced to adapt to using a wheel. He's getting noticably better with every world tour event that passes.

• Upvote 1

@marsh I’m keeping you honest at Bathurst this week! Less than a tenth in it and by far the best I’ve done there ever. Love these time trials! I think we can both get into the 2:12s!

• Upvote 1

I'm getting incredibly frustrated with the penalties at Bathurst this week. I've had time penalties because the car in front of has crashed and blocked the track so I've hit them because I had nowhere go while the person who crashed got nothing. I've had penalties because after serving that penalty on the back straight someone has rear ended me when ghosting ended and I was trying to get back up to speed as well. My qualifying time of 2.16 isn't amazing but it's never been this bad in the past and the fact it is mostly a one make series with everyone driving sa Megane doesn't make it any better.

The penalties definitely seem a bit harder after the last update. In my three races at Mount Panorama i've racked up a 4 sec and a 6 sec penalty, simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Others fighting, and touching/nudging me while spinning off. Instigator gets nothing and i get a penalty :wacko:. Last time i had a penalty higher then 1 sec. was probably months ago

Did well with the Viper, Atenza and 86, still seeing some other cars but yeah, most of the competition runs the Megane. 

In one particularly bad race I racked up 12 seconds of penalties and it dropped my SR down to A for the first time since I got the game. I had to tool around at the back of boring Daily Race A to get it back up to S and just try and keep out of trouble for a couple of races to get it our of the red. 

9 hours ago, Varnsen said:

@marsh I’m keeping you honest at Bathurst this week! Less than a tenth in it and by far the best I’ve done there ever. Love these time trials! I think we can both get into the 2:12s!

Oh yes, I'm impressed. It's up to a paltry 100th now, though my optimum suggests I should be able to do a 2.12 dead. No chance.

Shaved another half a second from my Spa time, which keeps me in the top 700 for now. Do I pursue Noble at Laguna or refine my times elsewhere....

I've had a mixed bag racing online, some really clean rllmuk esque battles and some absolute filth being handed out by B and S rated drivers. It's a total lottery at Bathurst, one error and you are toast.

5 hours ago, Sun Tze said:

Did well with the Viper, Atenza and 86, still seeing some other cars but yeah, most of the competition runs the Megane. 

In a race the other night I was the only car on the grid that wasn't a renault. Not sure what the fuss is about as I can't get that or the Lexus to work round there.

I use the Mustang Gr4 which is fine in the twisty sections but the Renault just has so much straight line speed I cannot catch them even with a tow. And because I'm not very good I use the Mustang because it has the best engine sound and is more fun to drive than the Attenza that I used to use all the time.

• Upvote 1

I concede. I'll get within a gnats whisker of a decent lap and drop time in one of the 4 sectors of the mountain. I especially don't like getting beaten round there, but fair play to you.

It'd take all night to get into the 3.12 the optimum suggests.

<_<

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, marsh said:

I concede. I'll get within a gnats whisker of a decent lap and drop time in one of the 4 sectors of the mountain. I especially don't like getting beaten round there, but fair play to you.

It'd take all night to get into the 3.12 the optimum suggests.

<_<

Our most epic battle yet and surely the closest TT, something like four one hundredths in it?

such a challenge that track, I never hooked up the perfect lap, leaving a whole second out there. 

cap doffed, we both did very fast times! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Our most epic battle yet and surely the closest TT, something like four one hundredths in it?

such a challenge that track, I never hooked up the perfect lap, leaving a whole second out there. 

cap doffed, we both did very fast times! 

Oh yes, previous times on kudos prime suggest that the fastest I've been round there. I did have a go last night and despite stringing a trio of 2.13.500's together it was just impossible to do a lap without some form of error. The tightest of margins and a lap that put me just outside the top 1000 by region.

I do like that track, when you get it right out of that last bend down the mountain you absolutely muller the sector. It's like threading the eye of a needle.

Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the time trialing is keeping the flow going nicely here, very happy to see that :)

I'm still having ups and downs mentally. Won't be racing tonight as such - by all means host a lobby though!

With enough progress I hope to be back next Monday night for some racing, to kick-start 2020 well.

• Upvote 4

Happy new year all!

I don’t care what you say, I’m counting this as my first win of 2020 :) (Lost server connection on the run to the line on the last lap)

AF0ED3D2-5388-4D61-9D67-3F55316E8E3C.jpeg

• Upvote 3

That counts in my book.

Interlagos TT heating up nicely.....

Right, how about some online racing again tonight? It's all very up and down still here, but I really want to try to get back into this to start off the new year!

Who's up for racing at 8:30 PM UK tonight? :)

I'd love to, but on three hours sleep last night due to dog issues in our household, it's a no from me.

I'm going to steel a nap, I'll see how it goes :(

Many thanks to the group of people who came out to play on Monday night :) It was great to enjoy GT again after struggling for weeks. Racing the RE Amemiya RX-7 around Laguna Seca was just what the doctor ordered!

• Upvote 4