rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

1 hour ago, Sun Tze said:

Personally hope they will keep GT Sport around and update it for the next generation. If other GT fans want to have another car collecting bonanza that's cool but if it's set up like previous instalments i would much rather stick with the Sport formula.  

The penalty system is/was fine for me for the most part. I don't realistically expect the game to do it perfectly. Those first turn send offs must be incredibly hard to qualify properly. The person punting you usually did so involuntarily, probably being slammed forward by someone else even further back the order. There's so many variables and most of it happens within a split second. Then there's the fast guys going up through the ranks that will brake later then most around them causing involuntary chaos. The one on one cases where car A pushes car B on the gravel have been done 'properly' before though so don't really get why Poly fiddled with that. 

Agree with all this. 

One thing that's not well communicated or necessarily well simulated in GT Sport is tyre temps. When you go off track, for a few corners, your grip drops dramatically. I'm not sure if GT Sport simulates cold tyres at the beginning of a race but I've sporadically felt like it does. 

In ACC, you have on screen your tyres temp as a graphic in the UI, showing you if your tyres are in the right window, including brake temperatures as well. It's great to have that but also to feel the difference. Hopefully something they'll incorporate into the next game. 

I'm hopeful that GT7 will all things to all players with an expanded Sport mode and the other collector stuff (even though I don't get that side at all). 

It's essentially an impossible problem to police, iRacing just settled on penalising everyone equally with all those plusses and minuses.

But even they have an appeals procedure.

Well, that was a tough week in the dailies... My SR took a beating when the new penalty system came into play, and then, whilst aiming for clean races, my DR got an absolute pasting - I went from a mid B (14,000) to mid C (8,000), despite a couple of podiums in Race A.  On the up side, the new penalty system is bedding in, I think - lots more proper racing, including quite a few 5-lap tussles with lots of side-by-side action.  Not sure if they've changed things, but you don't seem to get dinged for inconsequential door-on-door contact now, which is a big improvement.

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

@marsh Bathurst in Gr3s this week? You know you want to!

300px-You_Son_of_a_Bitch,_I’m_In_(Morty).jpg

• Upvote 1

I’d be up for that. I had some great races there in the FIA Gr.4 event  yesterday. 

I should be on again tonight too! Probably a little later than usual, by 9:30 PM UK time :)

By all means start racing a bit sooner, I'll be happy to join in an existing lobby (or host one around 9:30) for some great forum racing.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jashin said:

Low 2:03 here after a few attempts.

:quote:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jashin said:

Up to high 2:02 by the time I quit :)

Dang. That’s real fast

I can’t hook up a lap as usual at Bathurst. My opt is 2:03:4 but my actual lap is of course 1.3 seconds slower. Such a tough track. 

@marsh loved that pic of the gt40s you sent btw. Thanks for the races last night everyone! Enjoyed the late night session!

• Upvote 2

I’m glad the penalty system is back but Daily Race C was incredibly frustrating last night. Not only because they’ve changed tyre and fuel consumption to have so little effect that you don’t need to stop anymore which removes strategy from the race but I also got punted off at the last chicane and because the car that hit me spun I got a penalty for causing a collision and he got nothing.  

20 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

@marsh loved that pic of the gt40s you sent btw. Thanks for the races last night everyone! Enjoyed the late night session!

Yep, racing at it's best. Bit of rubbing but nothing vicious or overly aggressive I thought. Low likelihood of someone launching it from row z to the scene of a big accident like you'd find on a daily.

PS_Messages_20200204_103501.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mexos said:

I need to get back into this. Missing it.

51 minutes ago, Beezer said:

Yeah time to get the band back together soon

Though very, very much appreciating all the warm support I've received from you all here, I partly blame myself for this too. Have just been able to host a couple of times over the past weeks. Hoping to get more consistant with that though things are still very much going up and down here.

That said, we still get races going on Mondays, even quite late yesterday night with a decent turnout - would be great just to keep that going at least, and at times expand again to double-digit numbers of players :)

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, marsh said:

@Varnsen where does one find half a second from? :blink:

In my case, sector 3. I am terrible going down the mountain. I still think there's at least another half to a full second to be found down there. I just can't get the entry into the first downhill bit quite right and I'm especially crap at that twisty sharp left in the Porsche. Maybe I'm not getting the car straight enough because i'll often oversteer into the wall. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's a bit tricky over the top of the mountain and it feels like you're right on the ragged edge, hopefully the predicted storm lands on Sunday and I'll have no excuse but to get the wheel and chair out to hunt down some more time...

I'll be doing Goodwood and the Ring GP this week if anyone fancies it?

I did whip the wheel out yesterday but the prospect of trying to match my time, let alone find a full second sort of killed any enthusiasm I had before I started. I do find that in most corners there's time to be had with a wheel and you can 'upset' the car before sending it into a corner, but I struggle to find the power out of it. I'm getting within about a second of my pad time on average, I'll just have to keep grinding away at it and continue to blame the lack of feel through the t150's pedals :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marsh said:

I did whip the wheel out yesterday but the prospect of trying to match my time, let alone find a full second sort of killed any enthusiasm I had before I started. I do find that in most corners there's time to be had with a wheel and you can 'upset' the car before sending it into a corner, but I struggle to find the power out of it. I'm getting within about a second of my pad time on average, I'll just have to keep grinding away at it and continue to blame the lack of feel through the t150's pedals :ph34r:

This is the week! I'll give it a crack.

Anyone on tonight? 

40 minutes ago, mexos said:

This is the week! I'll give it a crack.

Anyone on tonight? 

I'm hoping to race for a while tonight! Mentally still up and down. Had to get a molar removed today, if that doesn't hurt too much I should be on around 8:30 PM UK :)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, marsh said:

Definitely keep at it. You will end up significantly faster. I'm the opposite way round now, I can't do a good lap on the pad. 

Finally got a feel for sector 3 at Mount Panorama. I realised you can get so much tighter to the right hand side on the first right hander which let's you keep much straighter. Must be the toughest track in the game. 

I'll be on tonight for some false starts and binning it from a good position.

• Upvote 2