rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

By the way, did anyone save the Tsukuba race replay? Didn't myself sadly and would love to re-watch the amazing three-way battle with @Varnsen and Pim :)

20 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Though in fairness, I find this combination of tracks a tiny bit dull - maybe replace 1 or 2 with different (fantasy) tracks?

Then I'd add in Kyoto or Dragon trail or Maggiore. All are too fast for slower cars (imo)

Laguna Seca is doable in a slower car so drop that. 

Spa is a GR3 circuit imo

Barcelona - save this one for Super Formula :ph34r:

How about:

• Dragon trail
  • Maggiore
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Spa

Thinking about it Kyoto is so fast with flowing corners it could be great in a SF or LeMans.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

By the way, did anyone save the Tsukuba race replay? Didn't myself sadly and would love to re-watch the amazing three-way battle with @Varnsen and Pim :)

I did, will send it later as I'm still working :hmm:

Boris Johnson's Covid-19 address is one of most-watched TV programmes ever

Damn, we missed it. 8-)

At least one person had it on in the background. Someone remarked on it in the party chat.

I didn't know at first if my mic was working. It was put beyond doubt when my girlfriend yelled "THE DOG HAS FARTED" and everyone started laughing :lol: 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, mexos said:

Damn, we missed it. 8-)

Kind of went something like this....

download.jpg

1 hour ago, marsh said:

For reasons I'm not quite sure of I thought I was on pole for Bathurst, congrats to @Varnsen I was looking at the results last night and thinking that it must be a really tight.

I saw on Col's picture that you actually were on pole for Bathurst, it's just that 2nd place is exactly in line with 1st!

and blimey, a 1 point win! chuffed with that! 

amazing evening, thanks to all, especially @McSpeed

• Upvote 2

On 23/03/2020 at 09:22, mexos said:

Nurburgring GP - better than expected. You could do with more power for the drag up the hill and the main straight but it's a narrower circuit with plenty/

Nordschleife? Oh my... it's SO good. It's controllable, you can easily make it around without crashing. It's just great. You can control the car around there. It's still plenty fast but doable. Given what I found I had an idea to keep us interested between Monday night races...

The Roaster Touring Car Nordschleife clean lap time trial challenge!

Roadster, BOP off, sports hard tyres.

If you go off the circuit or hits a wall your lap is toast - only clean laps!

I've had two goes, here is my best time so far:

time.jpg.07a57821ab8f9222b2acadbda690731c.jpg

Anyone fancy it? :eyebrows: There is something really satisfying / terrifying about having to keep the car on the track always, not even running over any grass.

Er, there's 4 layouts, I assume you mean the regular 12.95 mile and not the tourist or 24h version....?

44 minutes ago, marsh said:

Er, there's 4 layouts, I assume you mean the regular 12.95 mile and not the tourist or 24h version....?

It's the first option - Nurburgring Nordschleife.

• Upvote 1

An 8.13 and as of next week I'm going to have alot of spare time on my hands.....

@McSpeed replay from Tsukuba, or at least my edit of it.

Full replay has been shared, and you weren't lying, ridiculous racing!

• Upvote 3

I’ve been trying the time trial on Willow Springs to practice it after the horror of last week. Can someone give me a time to aim for?

Also, what on Earth have they done to the penalty system in sport mode? I get used as a brake by someone else and then get a 5 second penalty for the pleasure. Any time someone makes contact from behind I get a penalty. My SR is tumbling 

On 28/03/2020 at 18:25, GwiDan said:

I’ve been trying the time trial on Willow Springs to practice it after the horror of last week. Can someone give me a time to aim for?

I'll have a crack at that in a bit, day 1 of being furlough after a busy weekend doing stuff and I'm already getting bored....

47 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'll have a crack at that in a bit, day 1 of being furlough after a busy weekend doing stuff and I'm already getting bored....

I think I’d quite like to race these old sportscars; they’re horrible to drive fast, but it’s a skill to have to back off so you’re not sliding and wallowing everywhere. 

The old 991 turbo round the ring is a hell of a thing if you want a bit of old school action, hilariously dangerous.

On 28/03/2020 at 18:25, GwiDan said:

1.24.2 :coffee:

Make sure you tune that car, for what little it's worth....

The thing about willow springs is that it gives you a really good idea of what it must be like to have a huge accident, one step off the track and your sent for miles, at speed, backwards into the abyss.

@morcs keep an eye on this thread, think we were looking at GR3's on the usual suspects tonight, Spa, Dragon Trail...?

• Upvote 1

Right, let's continue the excellent racing spree tonight, at 8PM UK time (or 9PM Dutch time) :) 

Bring your favourite Gr. 3 car as we'll be racing around Dragon Trail, Lago Maggiore, Nurburgring GP and Spa!

• Upvote 4

Is there an easy way to shop for a category of car without having to go through all the different countries in Brand Central?

Actually there’s a Corvette I’ll just buy that :) 

3 minutes ago, morcs said:

Is there an easy way to shop for a category of car without having to go through all the different countries in Brand Central?

Basically no but you might start with a list like this:

Group 3

• Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)
  • BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport)
  • BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery
  • BMW Z4 GT3
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
  • Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car (Gr.3)
  • Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R
  • Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
  • Ford Mustang Gr.3
  • Honda NSX Gr.3
  • Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
  • Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
  • Jaguar F-type Gr.3
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3 (2015)
  • Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing)
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.3
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport)
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
  • Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
  • Porsche 911 RSR (991)
  • Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3
  • Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
  • Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3)
  • Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3

The 911 RSR, M6 or Beetle are all popular all-rounders.

• Upvote 2

Corvette engine sound is disappointing, ruining that whole idea :( I’ll try some others. Do I need to do some sort of tuning/balance of performance in readiness also?

Sorry for all the questions :blush: I just don’t want to be crashing into people not knowing the circuit!

Is it Dragon Trail - Seaside edition?

54 minutes ago, morcs said:

Corvette engine sound is disappointing, ruining that whole idea :( I’ll try some others. Do I need to do some sort of tuning/balance of performance in readiness also?

We'll race to Balance of Performance in Gr. 3, yes.

40 minutes ago, morcs said:

Sorry for all the questions :blush: I just don’t want to be crashing into people not knowing the circuit!

Is it Dragon Trail - Seaside edition?

Yup!

One thing that was discussed somewhere (not sure if it was here on rllmuk or in PSN Messenger) is that each player should pick one Gr3 car for tonight, and use it for all four races. Rather than chopping and changing from race to race. @McSpeed have I got that right?

20 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

One thing that was discussed somewhere (not sure if it was here on rllmuk or in PSN Messenger) is that each player should pick one Gr3 car for tonight, and use it for all four races. Rather than chopping and changing from race to race. @McSpeed have I got that right?

Yeah pick one Gr. 3 car for all 4 races tonight!

• Upvote 1

Are people going to post their choices here? I’d like to pick one that nobody else is using :)

Still wavering between the 911, the merc gt3, the mclaren. The vette is a fairly solid choice too!

We run loads of snazzy liveries so don't worry about picking the same car as it's unlikely it'll be the same color as yours.

Right, I’m on the key worker list so I’ve only just got back from work. I’ll get some food in me then drag my wheel out the garage and buy some psplus, not played since before Chrimbo. Probably picking the Merc.

See you online in a bit

• Upvote 4