rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Hmm. Good point. I'd also need to go into the control mapping and find something on the wheel to bind the indicators to, which could be tricky. The T150 isn't overloaded with buttons.

Intuitively I would think indicating left would mean I'm going to KEEP left, so you should pass me on the right.

The indicator thing is one of many that comes under "Agree something in the driver's meeting".

• Upvote 1

Isn't standard etiquette just to stick on one side of the road and slow down a bit to make the pass easy? (Even if it's on the racing line, better that than have to keep switching sides to stay off the racing line)

I was trying to do that but folks kept passing up the inside of corners where I was already on the inside (i.e. up the grass) :lol: I guess they were expecting me to take the racing line and drift out and were waiting to come through? :D

I suppose the indicator tells the car behind that the car in front is aware and the side the would keep to? So you don't have:

Yeah "I'm keeping left" is the only logical interpretation I can take from left indicator being on.

I have the same problem though, not that many buttons on the T300 and I'm still trying to work out why I can't get two of them to do look left/look right.

Just now, morcs said:

Yeah "I'm keeping left" is the only logical interpretation I can take from left indicator being on.

I have the same problem though, not that many buttons on the T300 and I'm still trying to work out why I can't get two of them to do look left/look right.

Let me know if you work it out! Fellow T300'er here.

Massive thanks to all who took part last night. Was brilliant even though I got spun to the back in the last two races on the first lap. Battling back to the midfield was great since we had a full lobby. 

One request though, there was no reset to track. So i got spun round on turn 1 at Nurburgring and it took way too long to get pointed the right way. Reset to track would have gotten people back in the action quicker which given the relatively short races I think would be helpful. 

Big plus one for a long endurance race at LeMans even though I'm like 30 seconds a lap slower than Marsh!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marsh said:

A split field for Le Mans would be amazing if it's possible?

I fully endorse this idea, especially if I’m the only one in the LMP1.

Make it even more interesting - GR3 cars get a whole lap head start. 

Race starts, LMP1 cars crawl around in single file, GR3 cars speed around the circuit. When GR3's come up to the back of the LMP1's they stay behind, we all get to the next straight. Joe calls go and we go!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Massive thanks to all who took part last night. Was brilliant even though I got spun to the back in the last two races on the first lap. Battling back to the midfield was great since we had a full lobby. 

One request though, there was no reset to track. So i got spun round on turn 1 at Nurburgring and it took way too long to get pointed the right way. Reset to track would have gotten people back in the action quicker which given the relatively short races I think would be helpful. 

Big plus one for a long endurance race at LeMans even though I'm like 30 seconds a lap slower than Marsh!

This may very well have been me, although I forgot to save the replays (I only managed to remember race 1) so I can't check. Anyway, to whoever it was that I did punt off, sorry!

23 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

I think that's a compliment, but even I'd get a schooling based on last nights performance.

Big kudos to the monster munch liveried beetle, a work of art, as was the skittles 911.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, mexos said:

I suppose the indicator tells the car behind that the car in front is aware and the side the would keep to? So you don't have:

McNish must have pushed mud after that? 

17 minutes ago, marsh said:

Big kudos to the monster munch liveried beetle, a work of art, as was the skittles 911.

That was mine. I didn't look at the livery from the back before applying it or I would have removed the GRUMPY OLD FART bumper stickers. Must remember to do that before using it online again as the rest of the livery is top notch.

5 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

That was mine. I didn't look at the livery from the back before applying it or I would have removed the GRUMPY OLD FART bumper stickers. Must remember to do that before using it online again as the rest of the livery is top notch.

And it's flaming hot, followed by pickled onion and finally beef. Though to be fair, I'm starting to think it's the king of crisps. I caught the tail end of a conversation about the best flavour last night. 

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

This may very well have been me, although I forgot to save the replays (I only managed to remember race 1) so I can't check. Anyway, to whoever it was that I did punt off, sorry!

Honestly, it doesn't matter. With such a big lobby, as long as there's someone to race, it's all good! I had fun trying to charge back up the order! 

• Upvote 1

If next week is Goodwood why don't we do LeMans the week after? :eyebrows:

Plenty of time to get the cash to buy cars and get to know the faster cars. 

We could do 2 races - split the field on the night into 2 groups - A and B.

First race Group A drive GR3 and Group B drive LMP1. Then switch for race B so everyone tried both classes.

• Upvote 1

Well that was AMAZING! :D A full lobby of 16 players ALL NIGHT - and 5 on the waiting list at some point. We'll have to press Polyphony to upgrade the grid capacity now!

Not to mention the fantastic racing we had going. Gr. 3's are still the best to do it in - on par with the Roadsters I reckon.

Will try to aggregate and calculate the cup scores tonight for the 'official results' :)

16 hours ago, Junker said:

Yeah,  switched on PS4 for first time in ages, should have guessed it would need nearly an hour to update GT Sport

by the time it did the lobby was full. Amazing for a game this old to still have that pull.
Then RLLMUK went offline so I didn’t know what the hell was happening.

None of us are going out anytime soon, who is up for racing more than just Mondays? That and do we need more than 1 lobby at a time?

Sorry about that Junker, hope you're able to join us again next Monday. And be sure to always run the updates at least an hour before starting time (I often check for this, too).

I may be up for some more casual racing on Thursday or Friday, mind!

5 hours ago, wev said:

Sorry I've not been able to join in the past couple of weeks, I don't like playing online when the kids are awake and as they're not at school, plus the clocks changing, their sleep patterns have been thrown out completely, we were in bed before they were finally asleep last night

Sorry to hear that wev, hope you're all hanging in there. Give a shout if you're available and willing to join in again!

4 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

If I had one small request, it would be this: for next time would it be possible to trim the session length back a tiny bit? Two and a half hours is a long time in the saddle.

(What I'm actually saying is it's a long time to be tying up the living room - my girlfriend's patience was running thin by about the 90-minute mark, and at 2 hours there was still an entire race to run!)

Maybe, since the cars and tracks are planned in advance, we could get away with less free practice on the night? I'm sure on some of the circuits last night, there was time for 10 laps of FP before a 10-lap race.

Or if everyone else is happy with the session length then I'll be quiet of course :)

Yeah, yesterday was on the longer side. It works for me but I can imagine that doesn't go for everyone. Extra kudos for pretty much everyone hanging on for all 4 races though!

The Goodwood Members Meeting I suggested for next week will have 3 races planned and I'm all up for any additional racing with anyone up for it too :)

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Just so it’s here in the thread as well as on PSN Messenger, this is what @McSpeed has proposed for next Monday:

5EE7092C-7D6C-4331-90A3-AE38515E24A2.png.e5e0b0aea0294d60065514f812ac1c8e.png

So yeah, this! Will elaborate a bit more on it later in the week.

Perhaps @mexos can resume the 80s design project he started on 2 years ago, too? :)

3 hours ago, marsh said:

A split field for Le Mans would be amazing if it's possible?

It could be done, but I'm not sure whether I'm a fan of it in GT Sport - there are not features for multi-class racing such as in Forza.

If demand here is that high we can certainly give it a try, though I really like racing in equal machinery in GT Sport. Especially when that amounts to 16 cars!

That said, how about a proper Le Mans endurance race for the week after next Monday? Something like 24 laps.

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Oh that reminds me. Advice please. I'm not very good at getting out of the way under blue flags. I was lapped in the long race last night and every time someone was behind me I didn't quite know what to do and ended up running wide / falling off the circuit etc. (Most embarrassingly of all, while trying to stay clear of faster cars I missed the pit lane entry and ended up getting in EVERYONE'S way while I tried to back up - I had only 0.1 laps of fuel so I couldn't see any alternative).

What's the best way to manage it? Other than "git gud" obviously :)

A general rule for getting out of the way of faster driver's (be it during quali laps or when overtaking a backmarker) is to back off of the racing line. So yes, this can be either the left or right side of the track. 

If you're really not sure, try to slow down on a straight and you will mostly be fine.

Plus we have voice comms in party chat for most to give each other a heads-up :)

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

Reset to track option is a good one. I switched this off after @Batmobile and I believe @scoobysi had a crucial coming together at Suzuka in the 2018 rllmuk GT Sport Championship, which resulted in a win for Batmobile after being put back on track ;)

Will switch it back on - please try to remind me in the lobby next time to double check!

54 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Ha! That reminds me of the Martini livery I slapped on my Subaru WRX Gr. 3 when we did the 2018 championship - and only after 2 rounds found out in contained a hentai girl on the roof... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

If next week is Goodwood why don't we do LeMans the week after? :eyebrows:

Plenty of time to get the cash to buy cars and get to know the faster cars. 

We could do 2 races - split the field on the night into 2 groups - A and B.

First race Group A drive GR3 and Group B drive LMP1. Then switch for race B so everyone tried both classes.

So yeah, this :) Although I'm not quite sure about improvising multi-class racing just yet.

The pimp is good, a little 'too' good. His fastest lap at Spa was filth, and he didn't win that race!

Good stuff, my oddball strategy at the ring paid off if only as it allowed me to get past @McSpeed in the closing laps. 

Made some modifications to my rig, so I'll hopefully find some time to put a few laps round Goodwood....

What’s the difference between the base game and spec2? Base game is on sale and spec 2 not!!

If you're buying digital it doesn't matter. Spec II is a retail edition with all the DLC (content patches) included on disc.

All the updates are free/gratis anyway so you should buy the base game and just prepare for like 100GB of downloads.

Edit: plus what @McSpeed said. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

What’s the difference between the base game and spec2? Base game is on sale and spec 2 not!!

Spec 2 includes a selection of 10 racing cars and 2,500,000 credits. So in a way, you're paying for extra content which can also be unlocked by just playing.

Buying the base game and spending a few hours just playing (especially in driving school and missions) will net you enough credits to acquire the cars you want and need though :)

Also: join our online racing group!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, marsh said:

The pimp is good, a little 'too' good.

You are telling me! That last race was a sweat fest. I need to raise my game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Spec 2 will net you a selection of 10 racing cars and 2,500,000 credits. So in a way, you're paying for extra content which can also be unlocked by just playing.

Buying the base game and spending a few hours just playing (especially in driving school and missions) will net you enough credits to acquire the cars you want and need though :)

Also: join our online racing group!

I can't stress this enough (as he sits on a mound of 18 million credits) do the circuit experiences as it unlocks a pile of cars and nets you a tidy sum of coin. 

I think 16th for my first result is a bit harsh given it was more of a DNS :P

Happy to get on the podium this week. Could have been fighting for the win if I hadn't messed up the starts on races 3, 4. I was on the front row for every race. Turn 1 problems! 

Need to practice fuel saving strategies as well. Can't believe Noble 1 stopped the Nurburging GP. 

Joe, what fuel/tyre wear were we using so we can practice the strategy?

• Upvote 1

Is there place for someone who rarely plays this, does not know the tracks and probably brakes far too often and early/late?

38 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Happy to get on the podium this week. Could have been fighting for the win if I hadn't messed up the starts on races 3, 4. I was on the front row for every race. Turn 1 problems! 

Need to practice fuel saving strategies as well. Can't believe Noble 1 stopped the Nurburging GP. 

Joe, what fuel/tyre wear were we using so we can practice the strategy?

Noble is the king of fuel and tyre saving, by lifting off early and all. Probably spent too much time with Nico Rosberg in 2016.

I generally mix the fuel/tyre settings a bit, although I believe it was x15 on tyres and x11 on fuel last Monday. (Which is usually the baseline I enter for 10-12-ish lap races.)

6 minutes ago, df0 said:

Is there place for someone who rarely plays this, does not know the tracks and probably brakes far too often and early/late?

This rllmuk group! Really, we accommodate people of all skills levels, so by all means feel welcome to join in :) (Providing there's a spot on the grid of course, as we're growing rapidly over the past weeks.)

Everyone here is careful enough to prevent things from becoming bumper cars, like in certain public lobbies. We'll still have amazing heated battles, and very occasionally a mistake can result in a (usually minor) divebomb, but everyone in our group generally deserves an A or S ranking for sportsmanship.

• Upvote 1