Superhot VR

• 1 year later...

So I tried Superhot VR at the weekend on an Oculus Rift with the Oculus Touch Controllers. It was sensational. Has anyone played it on Oculus and on PSVR using the move controllers? I'm wondering how the compare. I'm almost certainly going to buy some Move controllers now anyway, but I thought I'd get a bit of a sanity check first....

I haven't played it on the Rift but it is utterly superb on PSVR, probably the best 'VR' game on the system (in that it's created something that is totally different from anything you've done in 2D*). It's still in the top 5 games  (probably top 3) that I would recommend to every owner of PSVR.

*Yes I know it started off originally as a 2D game but that doesn't compare with the feel you get in VR, or the weird body contortions that it puts you though.

1 hour ago, Andy_Why said:

So I tried Superhot VR at the weekend on an Oculus Rift with the Oculus Touch Controllers. It was sensational. Has anyone played it on Oculus and on PSVR using the move controllers? I'm wondering how the compare. I'm almost certainly going to buy some Move controllers now anyway, but I thought I'd get a bit of a sanity check first....

I couldn't get on with Super Hot at all, I found the that throwing knives or bottles just didn't work. I also hated being sent back 3 levels if you failed.

On 23/04/2019 at 14:26, Andy_Why said:

So I tried Superhot VR at the weekend on an Oculus Rift with the Oculus Touch Controllers. It was sensational. Has anyone played it on Oculus and on PSVR using the move controllers? I'm wondering how the compare.

I've played both, move controllers aren't quite as accurate as the touch controllers of course but not enough to be an issue. It's still fantastic on PSVR and second only to Astrobot for me. Recommend you mount your camera above your TV, or even higher for Superhot. 

22 hours ago, dave7g said:

I couldn't get on with Super Hot at all, I found the that throwing knives or bottles just didn't work.

Push, don't throw. 

• Upvote 2

Superhot VR feels like it should be an amazing game, but the move controller’s tracking is so awful (on my system) that it ruins the game for me atleast. And is the only reason I haven’t bought Beat Saber yet.

The Vive however tracks pretty much perfectly so I imagine the oculus is the system to buy it on if you have the option.

I've only tried the Superhot VR demo, but I found the tracking to be bang on. But I could not master throwing stuff at all and that, combined with the two or three room reset when you fail, put me off. Which was a shame, because I was enjoying it to that point.

Throwing is weird, although once you know how it's actually pretty easy to do. As petrol girls mentions you have to push as opposed to throw as such.

Basically you hold down the 'throw' button which I think is the move button (could be wrong there) and then push in the direction you want to throw and then let go of the throw button as you get to the end of the push. Where most people (including myself until I read that tip) get it wrong is that they make a throwing motion and then just press and let go of the move button instantly at the end of the motion which tends to just leave it hanging in the air.

I didn't have any serious tracking issues with Superhot (although I did go through a lot of the set up videos on how to get the best lighting conditions etc when I first got my PSVR), the only thing that took some fiddling was getting the camera at the right angle so that it would track the moves right from picking stuff up of the floor to catching things above my head.

With regards to the reset, that's unfortunately something you are either going to happily get on with or hate for the duration I think. I actually ended up really liking it, it gives you a chance to continually practice your skills but also it's so much fun to have had issues with part 1 or part 2 and then just be able to nail them perfectly like some kind of Neo badass, something I don't think most people would achieve if they were just allowed to get past everything as a single instance, also each part is really really short. It would be a massive detriment to the game IMO if it wasn't done like that.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I've only tried the Superhot VR demo, but I found the tracking to be bang on. But I could not master throwing stuff at all and that, combined with the two or three room reset when you fail, put me off. Which was a shame, because I was enjoying it to that point.

Yeah that reset is why I never finished it.

That and it doesn't seem to save progress, at least on PC.

• 1 year later...

How much physical space does this need (PSVR)?

I'm debating moving the VR setup into the spare room (where the racing wheel lives already) but space is at more of a premium there than it is in the main living room.

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

How much physical space does this need (PSVR)?

I'm debating moving the VR setup into the spare room (where the racing wheel lives already) but space is at more of a premium there than it is in the main living room.

From what I recall, you want to be able to move 1 or 2 steps max.  Most of the movement is about ducking or aiming / bullet dodging

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yuujiin said:

I have superhot on PS4 just the normal version. Has anybody else had the mind control delete for free as I thought it was if you had the original.

Yep. Check your library. It was there and I just had to download it.