FTL15 - Football League

Steely

Derby 4 Spurs 0

No red cards

Kane injured

Similar pattern to other games - conceded an early goal, kept it close for a while but fell apart late in the game. Great defending from Timmo - don't think I had a sniff of goal. Fuck knows how Kane got injured - probably clearing a shot off the line.

Well played mate.

Andy

44 minutes ago, andy s said:

Derby 4 Spurs 0

No red cards

Kane injured

Similar pattern to other games - conceded an early goal, kept it close for a while but fell apart late in the game. Great defending from Timmo - don't think I had a sniff of goal. Fuck knows how Kane got injured - probably clearing a shot off the line.

Well played mate.

Andy

Results, etc. updated.

Just to confirm Andy, this injury happened a few games ago didn't it and you have since sponged Kane?

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Results, etc. updated.

Just to confirm Andy, this injury happened a few games ago didn't it and you have since sponged Kane?

Yep. Happened against Timmo, then I played you and left him out of the team and now sponged him.

Man Utd (MardiganX) 2 - 1 Chelsea (Al)

GOALS: Mkhitaryan, Zlatan

INJURIES: Mkhitaryan (Man Utd)

RED CARDS: None

A very stuffy game with both teams cancelling each other out and limiting chances. Chelsea seemed to be able to shut down every pass in the midfield making it very difficult for Man Utd to put anything together. Mkhitaryan made it 1-1 in the 33rd minute after Aguero had opened the scoring and the game was nicely balanced. That was until Courtois kicked the ball off his own defender while under zero pressure leaving Zlatan an easy finish. Both teams had chances toward the end of the game but Man Utd defended well to take the 3 points.

Really intricate game Al with us both having to work very hard for our chances. That gift from Courtois was unbelievable, nothing else for it with Zlatan firing home after it, sorry man! All the best for the rest of the season.

TOP SCORER

Aubameyang - 3

Dybala - 2

Pogba - 1

Vidal - 1

Mkhitiryan - 1

Zlatan - 1

I was fuming at that clearance, the extra touch that he took before the punt brought him too close to Silva giving Zlatan the easiest of finishes!

De Gea made a last gasp save to keep me out at the death in what was a very tight game with the defensive power cancelling out the attackers for most of it. 

Leicester (Luseth) 2 - 3 Man Utd (MardiganX)

GOALS: Zlatan, Dybala, Aubameyang

INJURIES: None

A very open game here with both teams putting some lovely moves together. Drinkwater opened the scoring in the 10th minute, robbing Bailly on the edge of the box and firing home. The big defender getting caught in possession was disappointing to see but he made up for it with a fantastic defensive display in the rest of the game. Man Utd responded almost immediately with Zlatan passing home following a powerful Aubameyang run. Leicester probably thought they were going into half time 2-1 up after Lacazette finished a tidy move in the 43rd minute but the little magician Dybala had other ideas as he drilled home after a beautiful Zlatan pass to draw things level. The game continued to flow early in the 2nd half but when Aubameyang fired home in the 55th minute Man Utd raised a gear and started to defend very well. Leicester pushed and probed but the Man Utd defence and Bailly in particular were in great form. The Leicester players started making some very rash challenges in the closing minutes, clearly frustrated, but Man Utd kept their cool and took the 3 points.

Great game Luseth. Some very tidy football at times but I was able to hold the defensive shape pretty well when it mattered to limit your chances. All the best for the rest of the season!

TOP SCORER

Aubameyang - 4

Dybala - 3

Zlatan - 2

Pogba - 1

Vidal - 1

Mkhitiryan - 1

Leicester (Luseth) 1 - 5 (Steely) Middlesbrough

GOALS: 3x Braithewaite, Huth OG, Amarabat

INJURIES: J Vardy (LEI), Negrado (BORO)

Wide open first half saw Leicester rattling the post early doors, setting the high tempo, they took the lead through Payet, but Boro responded almost straight after with a filthy header from Braithewaite.

Second half, after a mystery injury to Vardy and Soft Penalty when Huth and Rashford went shoulder to shoulder. These seemed to unsettle Leicester a bit who lost there cool, they managed to injure Substitute Negrado with there wrath but it ended with Boro running out to a generous lead.

Cheers for the game Luseth.

Thanks @MardiganX & @Steely for the games. I lost my cool in both!

Particularly our game Steely. I was lagging out for much of the game but as the same had happened with Jamin against me I thought it's swings and roundabouts lol But yeah thanks both :) Both played some good stuff

Can I use a sponge on Mahrez please

Boro(steely) 3-0 Crystal Palace(goons)

rashford x2 and braithwaite with the goals.

no injuries.

pretty even game in the first half, Palace had a couple of dangerous corners, rashford scored against the run of play, but it was all boro in the second half.

gg steely well played mate

Elliott 2 - 1 Al
Scorers Gayle, Atsu (NUFC), Willian (CFC)
Matic injured
No red cards

Chelsea came out flying and took an early lead through a Willian bullet header from a Walker cross from the right. 

Newcastle started to come back into the game with Atsu the main threat and it took a couple of neat saves by Courtois to keep his side ahead at half time. 

Newcastle equalised from the spot when David Luiz bumped into Ake. Gayle sending the Chelsea keeper the wrong way from 12 yards.

Shortly after a corner routine reached Atsu who unleashed a powerful shot which Courtois would have saved but an unfortunate deflection off Messi sent the ball flying into the net. 

Heaton saved a close range Willian shot with time running out and Chelsea couldn't make any other attacks count. 

Cheers for the game mate, you've got some tricky and quick players and defend well. All the best for the rest of this half of the season. 

Sponge on Costa please admin 

27 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Elliott 2 - 1 Al
Scorers Gayle, Atsu (NUFC), Willian (CFC)
Matic injured
No red cards

Chelsea came out flying and took an early lead through a Willian bullet header from a Walker cross from the right. 

Newcastle started to come back into the game with Atsu the main threat and it took a couple of neat saves by Courtois to keep his side ahead at half time. 

Newcastle equalised from the spot when David Luiz bumped into Ake. Gayle sending the Chelsea keeper the wrong way from 12 yards.

Shortly after a corner routine reached Atsu who unleashed a powerful shot which Courtois would have saved but an unfortunate deflection off Messi sent the ball flying into the net. 

Heaton saved a close range Willian shot with time running out and Chelsea couldn't make any other attacks count. 

Cheers for the game mate, you've got some tricky and quick players and defend well. All the best for the rest of this half of the season. 

Sponge on Costa please admin 

Gg mate very tough game. Best of luck with your games!

Baz Bournemouth 0-0 Elliot NUFC 

no no injuries 

no red cards

well played mate , you has way more chances but it could of gone anyway with the shower of shite who is kylian Mbappe missing an absolute stinker !

good luck for rest of ya games brother 

10 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Boro(steely) 3-0 Crystal Palace(goons)

rashford x2 and braithwaite with the goals.

no injuries.

pretty even game in the first half, Palace had a couple of dangerous corners, rashford scored against the run of play, but it was all boro in the second half.

gg steely well played mate

Aye, cheers for the game mate.

I was lucky not to be one or two goals down after some clearances off the line early doors. But then once I scored that first dodgey goal (><) my boys seemed to have the momentum.

20 hours ago, Luseth said:

Thanks @MardiganX & @Steely for the games. I lost my cool in both!

Particularly our game Steely. I was lagging out for much of the game but as the same had happened with Jamin against me I thought it's swings and roundabouts lol But yeah thanks both :) Both played some good stuff

Can I use a sponge on Mahrez please

Do you mean Vardy mate? Mahrez isn't injured. Unless I have missed the report where it was confirmed he was injured?