RPL City - Season 38

Jamin

8 hours ago, Jamin said:

Team then for this week:

1615600_Australia.jpg

Similar to last week then except with Jordz at RAM inplace of Luseth, and Alfromsleep moving back to CB (take your pick whether you want RCB or LCB mate). Al - keep in line with the rest of the defence, and don't step out unless you have to do so and you've been forced back deep. Let the midfielders press the player on the ball where possible.

Gerry and Kriess - need you guys to really support the defence so not go forward too much at all. Particularly protect the pocket in front of the CBs. Pressure ball possessors, cut passing lanes, basically do all you can to prevent our defenders from having to step out and break lines. Gerry was beastly last week so looking forward to him destroying folks again (in a non red-cardy-type fashion please :P).

Up top, Bennette keep making those runs, and then look for short X passing moves with Jordz and Steel. Steel although you'll be CAM in the formation but pretend like you're an extra striker - playing the number 9 "free role" effectively. Feel free to drift wide or stay central to link the play, getting in the box when you think we'll cross it. No unnecessary skill moves, keep the ball moving quickly and X passing unless a through ball is clearly on. Me and Jordz will mix it up playing the ball inside and whipping balls in - including early crosses which can be deadly in this version. All depending on where the space is of course.

All forwards: if you have a pocket for a shot around the box don't hesitate to take it, no-one will criticise (unless you have a blatent square for a tap-in!).

TLDR: Basically same as last week lads. We deserved more and played really solidly, same again, with more goals hopefully!

TEAM.

To sum up

office-space-that-would-be-great-if-the-cdms-just-stay-back-and-defend-that-would-be-great.jpg

Unlucky last night chaps. Let's call a spade a spade, we were atrocious in game one. Ball retention was a constant problem, we didn't exploit the width and we kept trying to force it instead of passing it around - creating maybe one chance all game.

Game two was a different story with the formation change and we were much the better team I felt - it did feel like FIFA conspired to deprive us of a well deserved win in the end with some particularly weird bullshit (I'm thinking the one where Jordz's guy went into a 'the ball has gone out' animation when it was still in play, allowing Fennas to cross for Trev to head in) and also the scripted auto slide of the defender which bounced straight to one of their guys for a tap-in). Whatcanyado.

We played well though overall, and looked dangerous going forward. We did miss that extra body in the middle of defence with Luseth missing, but quibbles. We have two line ups going forward though, reckon we can maybe put a bit more consistency together with some of the decent play.

We were honking in that first game. Second was better but still not great. Lots of faffy skill pish on the wings instead of easy passing or getting the cross in. If possesion doesnt end with a cross or an attempt on goal it puts us under pressure defensively as teams will hit us with a counter. 

I'm just thinking is there a day next week we could jump on and try get some prac in even if it's just for a couple of hours one night and just test some of these things out? like the right formation, positions etc.

Dunno what you all think but just an idea lads! :)

Lets be honest. You just missed me [emoji14]

Well for what its worth, the pic is the reason im away (and thats just the hotel pool) [emoji3] i should be nicely refreshed to come back at the end of next week jamin [emoji3]057c745f0d15c9e10a354e9f3d4c6e6e.jpg

8 hours ago, Jamin said:

Unlucky tonight guys thought we played well overall, again, more stupid goals conceded tho tbh. We'll have a look at lineups for next week as there's only so many weeks we can say we were robbed :lol:

They were both close games, I’ve just been looking at the stats. We’ve been robbed in the 4 games leading up to these fixtures as well, even when we lost 3-0. There is a lot of robbing going on, we should all look out for one another. I think maybe it was Graham.