RPL City - Season 38

Jamin

Third week we've said that now... doesn't sit well. I don't think it's unfair to say that we should have had 6 points last night, based on chances and overall control of the game, but we came away with 0.

Bennette is missing next week, Luseth is back... me and Steel will have a think about lineups, formation etc. I think the goals upfront will come, but we're still not quite clicking.

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

What were the scores guys? I will be back for praccy sunday evening if people are about? I get back about 1ish tomorrow night

Can't actually remember, haha, but we lost by a single goal in both having spurned a plethora of great chances (including some worldie blocks by our own players in some cases :lol:). At the other end it was the usual story of our mistakes punished and the GK acting like a general imbecile.

I'll be on for games on Sunday, shall we say 9ish? More of us on the better if you guys are about @OMGJORDZ @Steely @KriessG @AlfromSleep

2 hours ago, Jamin said:

Third week we've said that now... doesn't sit well. I don't think it's unfair to say that we should have had 6 points last night, based on chances and overall control of the game, but we came away with 0.

Bennette is missing next week, Luseth is back... me and Steel will have a think about lineups, formation etc. I think the goals upfront will come, but we're still not quite clicking.

I think I said we fannied about too much last week. This week there was a marked improvement in that area, still happens more than I would like. 

Fair enough, I appreciate your perspective Gezza.
I was dogshit this week, terrible across the board, I think we'd have been good for 4 / 6 points if my errors (which I am blaming officially on lag/randomers not responding... but ultimately were my fault :lol:) didn't directly lead to a few of their goals.

To cut to the chase, I don't think we played that bad. We could have won with that performance, but we didn't because of defensive mistakes (lag related) and not taking our chances (Steely wearing slippers). 

I don't think we should worry changing things too much. Just move the ball with the hidden power of passing

Also  I'm happy at CDM. 

We played great the 2nd game but the first was a bit meh, it didn't help my player was a Right Mong and couldn't play a pass, i gave the ball away too much in the first game and they managed to counter from them most of the time.

I will try be there Sunday at 9 :)

54 minutes ago, Gerry Helmet said:

To cut to the chase, I don't think we played that bad. We could have won with that performance, but we didn't because of defensive mistakes (lag related) and not taking our chances (Steely wearing slippers). 

I don't think we should worry changing things too much. Just move the ball with the hidden power of passing

Also  I'm happy at CDM. 

I don't mind CDM either but I will always be drawn out towards the wings when possible. I personally think I'm better utilised that way. I'm probably talking pish.

Ah chin up guys. The top man is back for next week... Im actually talking about jamin with a non shitty connection....

Nah we will be fine. Ill be about for 9 sunday (maybe a little earlier. Have no plans for the day)

Jamin if your connections still having issues is it worth giving steely any? If hes willing of course

10 hours ago, tomakasatnav said:

@Luseth 3-2 (went from 2-0 to 2-2 to 3-2) and 2-1 (0-1 to 2-1) 

An inspired managerial decision to play Keeks upfront and provide the catalyst for an Outsider hat trick. Then Keeks dragged us back into the second game with an awesome bullet header, followed by a Navman goal. As such, Keeks will now play the rest of the season as our key focal point upfront.

Like i said i would maybe make it, i won't be on tonight lads! just back from Dundee did a 15 hour shift, been up 30 hours and ye i feel pretty drained:( i am free tomorrow and wednesday night if anyone will be around for prac then :)

34 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Tbh we were all shit last night, my first rage quit on fifa 17 :lol: I'm glad it was with you tho mate :)

Ah feeling loved :D

I don't think any of us were any good, we just didn't gel at all. Ah at least we all got it out the way before Thurs :)

Your welcome to join us tonight if Jamin don't mind and make up for your rage quit :P

Cheers for coming on last night chaps, thought overall we looked pretty solid, goals started to flow when we were releasing the ball quicker, and took on shots despite passing opportunities. Also less fannying at the back from myself and we'll be even better, ha :hat:.

I'll be on from 9.30pm for a needed warm-up. 

Anyone missing later apart from Bennette?

That would be gutting if someone turned round and said they aren't turning up after we finally started gelling last night ^_^

Was some good play, thought everyone was pretty strong last night, hopefully we can recreate that this evening :)

You're the same as you have been please mate! You'll be the only CB again Al and you've been solid there so you have my trust once again :hat:. Keep in line with the other defenders where possible and only step out as a last resort.

The rest of the line-up will explain in party chat but it's pretty similar tbh. We've played decent (if not exceptional) most of the season, missing that break of the ball... hopefully the next few weeks our luck will turn a bit.

9.30pm for a practice those who can get on!