rllmuk
Nespresso

Red Letter Media Fan Club

Pretty much agree with most of what they say about Joker. I liked the film but am slightly perplexed by the five star reviews heralding it as one of the year’s best films.

14 minutes ago, glb said:

Pretty much agree with most of what they say about Joker. I liked the film but am slightly perplexed by the five star reviews heralding it as one of the year’s best films.

Same here I thought Phoenix was amazing of course but I was wowed as I was with see seeing the Dark Knight. 

• Empathy 1

Was rewatching Plinkett's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull review last night. One of my favourites.

"OH MY GOD LOOK OUT IT'S A GIANT TURD."

And Plinkett coming to the Olson Twins :lol: 

• Upvote 3

Holy shit, the bit where Sal Pacino just ignores what the others are doing and decides to do his own shuffling old man dance further and further towards the edge of the frame had me in stitches. He looked totally happy though, just in his own little world. :lol:

• Upvote 5

I really want to see Shape of America. Looks fucking mental. Jackie and Lori's feud had me on edge.

image.png.b5cf4cc9fd265ea5b0999e883226264d.png

wtf

Beaten to it. After only 20 minutes it's already one of the funniest ones they've done.

EDIT:

Spoiler

Jesus fucking Christ.

• Upvote 1

God I LOVE RLM. They are genuinely just the best.

That content this good is free online is just amazing.

This is a great episode :)

Spoiler

"JOHN CONNOR'S ANSWER TO EVERYTHING IS TO SEND BACK MORE ARNOLDS"  :lol: 

• Upvote 3

That phone calll is absolutely one of the best things they've done. Watched it three times.

I like Jay's idea about a film that explores what the Connors do with themselves after they change the future in T2 and are no longer the key to the human resistance

It'd be great depicting how Sarah deals with the sudden lack of purpose, and John with a sort of traumatised directionless.  Maybe John kills himself, and that's what Sarah is having to deal with - the knowledge that they saved the human race, but it cost her son his life, and nobody even knows any of it happened.  She's broken, possibly alcoholic.  Maybe then she spots Arnie in a shopping mall and becomes convinced that he's a Terminator, and that Skynet is going to happen, and spends a big portion of the film re-energised and trying to track down and kill him.  We don't know if she's imagining it, losing her mind and her grip on reality, or if it's really a Terminator.  And then we eventually find out he was a technician who used to work at Cyberdyne in the 90s before it got blown up and he lost his job.  And then they have weird, awkward sex, and the last shot is her lying in the arms of the figure who's haunted her entire adult life.

23% Rotten Tomatoes

• Upvote 6

"Those Darn Terminators"

:lol:

My reaction to Dark Fate was more Mike than Jay's, but damn if the pair of them in tandem don't do an admirable job of ripping the post-T2 franchise years apart. And yeah, the phone call at the start is gold.

I'm excited about coming wide release films they might Half in the Bag... Doctor Sleep possibly, Charlie's Angels hopefully and The Rise of Skywalker almost certainly.

• Upvote 1

Mike’s brain breaking during the Pet Sematary discussion is a joy. Fucking hell :lol:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, yakumo said:

Yes! The Hole in the Ground opens part 2. Shame Jay didn’t see it too, think he’d have dug it.

The Lighthouse looks extraordinary.

• Upvote 3

I thought I'd posted this before but apparently not - it's a documentary about the first film they made together.

Time has not been kind to Mike Stoklasa

• Upvote 2