rllmuk
Nespresso

Red Letter Media Fan Club

Having never heard Eli Roth talk, that commentary track snippet made me lol as it sounded like a parody. 

6 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

You haven't seen Inglouriuos Basterds or Death Proof? 

Nope. Tarantino’s stuff is a little too stylised and self indulgent for me. The premise of Death Proof was intriguing, then I happened to catch a clip of one of the endless, waffling conversations and it sold me on never giving it a go. 

Mike's apocalypse beard is beautiful

• Upvote 3

Looks like they're doing a Plinkett review of Picard:

Bit of a shame, I was looking forward to a re:View about the final few episodes. Milwaukee has a stay at home order in place so I assume that's why they can't do one.

Personally I think the Plinkett stuff is their weakest output.

• Upvote 2

Plinkett got a bit played out when they started doing non Trek/Wars stuff but I’m looking forward to this. Picard is just begging for it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, PK said:

Looks like they're doing a Plinkett review of Picard:

Bit of a shame, I was looking forward to a re:View about the final few episodes. Milwaukee has a stay at home order in place so I assume that's why they can't do one.

Personally I think the Plinkett stuff is their weakest output.

I've posted the youtube trailer in the Picard thread, but its obvious that Mike cant get Rich to do them anymore, as while funny, they basically piss him off at how monumentally stupid the shows are and he cant take it anymore :lol:

The plague apocalypse has Mike turning into John Goodman from 10 Cloverfield Lane. 

Mike describing The Boy 2 to Jay is wonderful :lol:

• Upvote 3

34:12 Also starring Rich Evans - must be in that Invisible Man costume I guess :lol:

• Upvote 1

He absolutely has to be doing the longest form 'bit' in comedy history. Calling a film "Twisted Pair" was surely his attempt to make it more obvious

The Space Cop commentary is worth a listen, really funny and interesting. It's amazing how much time and effort they put in to making a film that is just truly, truly awful

The borg spacing bit was a missed opportunity imo. It would have been better if the romulans look triumphant for a a few seconds before Seven smiles and thousands of nu borgs turn back to mess things up.

But yeah as the video points out so many issues.

4 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think it’s easier to look at it as just one issue - Kurtzman. 

Kurtzman is the obvious target, but he only really worked on the first episode apparently. These shows need better showrunners, as the ones they have are fucking awful beyond imagining.

I find Breen's stuff so knowingly and obviously shit that it's not funny. So not really particularly hyped to watch that.

• Upvote 3

They actually do address that possibility in the video.