Red Letter Media Fan Club

2 hours ago, revlob said:

"'B' for 'bald'. As in, 'not bald'" :lol:

The entire conversation is golden. I've used mnemonics like this myself, I'm so glad I'm not alone in this madness.

I liked how they were still getting mixed up three quarters the way through. All the prop and set stuff was hilarious. The Buck Rogers gun, the church, how to steal props from thrift stores.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was good fun!

I think they were very unfair on that video they mentioned at the start.
It's definitely worth watching, I think it took me 3 nights to get through since it was pretty long, but it's really enjoyable.

I know what they were getting at with the tone, but I just took that as the sort of posturing you need to do on youtube to get the hits nowadays. It probably wouldn't have blown up otherwise.

Like they say, it's just a theory on one facet of the show, I don't think it spoils your enjoyment at all.

I haven't seen the film but the whole

Spoiler

Using someone else's body thing without any self reflection on why it's wrong sounded pretty worrying. Like something you'd get in the script for an episode of Star Trek Discovery.

The truly mad thing is that there's absolutely zero reason for it in terms of the story in the first place.

The other place it appeared a lot was in the short-lived Stargate Universe.

Spoiler

The crew were all trapped on a spaceship galaxies away, but could use magic stones to transfer their consciousness into people back on Earth. When they did they would happily pop around to their loved one's house to roger them without the show ever really dwelling on the ethics of it.

At least in that case they were inhabiting soldiers who (presumably) volunteered for the gig and you could imagine they signed a 'While not in control of your body things may be put in your orifices and vice versa' waiver offscreen.

38 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The truly mad thing is that there's absolutely zero reason for it in terms of the story in the first place.

The other place it appeared a lot was in the short-lived Stargate Universe.

Hide contents

The crew were all trapped on a spaceship galaxies away, but could use magic stones to transfer their consciousness into people back on Earth. When they did they would happily pop around to their loved one's house to roger them without the show ever really dwelling on the ethics of it.

At least in that case they were inhabiting soldiers who (presumably) volunteered for the gig and you could imagine they signed a 'While not in control of your body things may be put in your orifices and vice versa' waiver offscreen.

errrrr I don't recall SG-U being quite so explicit in its usage - you might be projecting a bit :D

That was a bit of a dud episode, wasn't it? Doesn't look like they had much to work with, to be fair.
One of them exasperatedly goes towards the end something like "it's just too much wet shit, there's nothing to grab hold of"

Mike looked so cuddly in his stoopid fluffy coat. I'm guessing they grabbed that in some thrift store because it looked utterly ridiculous, but I sort of liked it!

21 hours ago, Clipper said:

errrrr I don't recall SG-U being quite so explicit in its usage - you might be projecting a bit :D

At one point the ‘volunteer’ pops back to his body (comma glitch) to find it having sex with transferee’s wife/girlfriend 

4 hours ago, Hexx said:

At one point the ‘volunteer’ pops back to his body (comma glitch) to find it having sex with transferee’s wife/girlfriend 

I had forgotten this - thought it was a oneoff plot thing to show how it could be used "badly" - one quick google and errrrrr YIKES!!!

1:30 onwards

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I've even heard of this remake before, it looks great! The scriptwriter has a hell of a CV

Happy to hear them say they're going to release another commentary track soon, they're all hilarious and there are some genuinely interesting production tidbits from Jay in the horror movie ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...