IGNORED

Red Letter Media Fan Club

Nespresso

• 2 weeks later...

An entertaining round-up. Their feelings on Boba Fett and (most) of the marvel shows pretty much mirror my own. 

Funniest part was discussing Paul Rudd and Will Ferrell awkwardly going for maximum Jewishness. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Festoon said:

Hasn't Willis just settled for a flat fee for X minutes in a film?

Not a bad way to make money if you can't be bothered acting anymore.

A few people in the comments suggesting that him dropping down to this kind of film & needing an earpiece for lines is due to progressing dementia, which would be pretty damn sad if accurate. 

Great video from RLM there . I saw Anti-life (Breach) last year and posted in rate the last film you saw out of 5 - it was risible garbage. I couldn't work out why Willis did it and now I see he has made 11 of these.

He seems to want to make easy money based on little effort. I'd say he was like Nicholas Cage (who apparently needs the money so does anything as he has expensive tastes) but Cage occasionally gets into a good film. Willis seems to be particularly going for low effort high pay (via one production company?) that have no chance of being good. Either his money worries are worse than Cage's or he has reason to want to make almost no effort to make money to spend time with his family etc. I have seen the dementia rumours but I don't think anyone can say for sure.

22 hours ago, redbloodcel said:

A few people in the comments suggesting that him dropping down to this kind of film & needing an earpiece for lines is due to progressing dementia, which would be pretty damn sad if accurate. 

This seems to stem from an OK magazine article. While it may be true, they're notorious for just making stuff up.

Funny how all this crap is being produced by Mark Wahlbergs mate, who Turtle in Entourage was based off because if Turtle had been a movie producer, this is the type of bollocks you would imagine he would be pumping out.

I think Willis just lost interest years ago. I remember seeing him doing one of those press junket interviews for either Red or Red 2. He was an arsehole to the young interviewer. Sarcastic, dismissive and resentful. He was the same on The One Show a few years ago. A miserable looking man. He seems to hate being famous and has no interest in making decent movies anymore. Didn't Kevin Smith (I know) say he was a miserable bastard? Some guy shouted at him from a car when he was crossing the street with Smith. Willis said "I hate the ones that shout Die Hard! the most."

He just sounds like a cunt. It's a shame because he's been amazing in his prime. The first three Die Hards, Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable etc... It's sad that he has basically given up and makes money off of his past glories by making crap.

I knew Willis was doing a lot of easy films, but didn’t think it was up to the rate of eleven over two years! I have a little sympathy for actors who are a bit twattish during press junkets, as it must be the most demoralising part of the job to answer the same questions over and over for weeks on end, but do agree that he’s been losing interest for a long while now. Obviously it’s gotten progressively worse, but the last film I saw in which he seemed genuinely engaged with the role was The Sixth Sense - which was over twenty years ago. 

Perhaps Willis was tired of being pigeonholed in action movies, but he’s at the point where, surely, he could take roles that interested him over a simple payday. Instead he just seems bored and resentful while he wallows in a filmic hell of his own making. 

10 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

He just sounds like a cunt. It's a shame because he's been amazing in his prime. The first three Die Hards, Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable etc... It's sad that he has basically given up and makes money off of his past glories by making crap.

You just wonder how much of his money he's pissed up the wall to justify making this portfolio of pish.

9 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

I knew Willis was doing a lot of easy films, but didn’t think it was up to the rate of eleven over two years! I have a little sympathy for actors who are a bit twattish during press junkets, as it must be the most demoralising part of the job to answer the same questions over and over for weeks on end, but do agree that he’s been losing interest for a long while now. Obviously it’s gotten progressively worse, but the last film I saw in which he seemed genuinely engaged with the role was The Sixth Sense - which was over twenty years ago. 

Perhaps Willis was tired of being pigeonholed in action movies, but for a while now he’s been at the point where he could, surely, take roles that interested him over a simple payday. Instead he just seems bored and resentful while he wallows in a filmic hell of his own making. 

He was in a bit of Motherless Brooklyn but he wasn't trying much there either.

59 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/07/sylvester-stallone-bruce-willis-expendables-3

Wanted a million for a days work so he got the boot from Expendables 3 (which was shite) but that film was casted nearly a decade ago,so Bruceys been very miserable for a while now.

Shame cus I was a huge fan as a kid 

I seem to remember Tarantino having to shake him up a bit for Pulp Fiction.

And Gilliam having to put the foot down about 12 Monkeys and his performance too.

That RLM video was fantastic. 

As someone who enjoys low-budget films, and tends to dig down in Amazon Prime for them, I've seen quite a few of these mentioned, and RLM had it just right. I agree with them that they're joyless and largely unwatchable, not even good-bad like a lot of films from the likes of Roger Corman. Things like Apex make his appearance in Eli Roth's remake of Death Wish look like a masterpiece. 

The nadir of Willis' laziness was one I watched recently called 10 Minutes Gone where he spends 99% of the film stood in a hotel suite grumbling into a mobile phone whilst Michael Chiklis does all the heavy lifting. Apparently the producers paid for Willis to have a nice holiday in New York and in return he'd film a few scenes in his hotel suite. It was about as engaging as a tax return. 

As has been suggested Willis could pick some choice roles, but he's too lazy and bitter to do that, in a similar way to the father of this whole "geezer teaser" genre, Steven Seagal. 

Screened a couple of Bruce’s recent ‘efforts’ for work. They are uniformly terrible but they also rate surprisingly well for their cost. 

Couldn’t bring myself to recommend buying them though, I don’t need that on my conscience.