IGNORED

Red Letter Media Fan Club

Nespresso

There's something compelling about the idea of someone so visible trying to make the most money possible while doing the least amount, like turn it into a process of least shots given where his performances regress into nothingness. I think you have to wonder about the mental faculty of someone rich in their 60s being so busy churning out such rubbish.

I just see it as you're running out of time, does that not energise you more, make you more restless to grasp at more meaningful things. Denzel Washington recently literally said this, he's running out of time, he wants to work with the best directors, he's phoning them up. 

Or maybe it's just not wanting to give up the pattern your life has settled into for decades, just doing any acting is better than sitting at home, no more thought given to film productions than it's a job. The actors though who continued to work like Michael Caine or John Hurt always say they just love acting too much. Whereas Bruce Willis...

Having some of the laziness/what's the point of anything vibe of Bruce Willis, whenever I read about actors I'm kind of in awe of how they're able to conjure the energy night after night in stage performances, or comedians as well, but I can't imagine how much they must love it. There's no half arsing with acting is there. Most of the time I think I can't be bothered speaking ever again. 

I had no idea he made his broadway stage debut with Misery in 2015, that doesn't seem to point at someone not motivated about acting any more. 

There's some existential nightmare about him signing stuff at the end there, like he's trapped being Bruce Willis and hates it. Even though he's letting his image and name to appear on film covers as leverage to do nothing in films. If you watched those scenes of Willis wandering around a forest eating berries while on drugs late at night, you'd remember it as a dream. 

Bruce Willis' problem is that for years, virtually everything he did outside of the Die Hard movies, died on its arse.

I daresay it's hard to stay motivated when you want to play various different roles, but have to run back to shooty tough guy roles, just to pay the bills.

That's not really true though? His biggest grossing hit is The Sixth Sense, $673m worldwide. Die Hard is his 22nd highest grossing with $141m. So in between is Armageddon at 2 with $554m, The Fifth Element at 10 with $264m, Pulp Fiction at 14 on $214m,  Unbreakable at 12 on $248m, 12 Monkeys at 17 on $169m, Looper at 16 with $177m, Sin City at 19 on $159m. Later Die Hards and Expendables otherwise make up the top ten but I think he's had more success with other genres than most action stars really. 

I liked Mercury Rising as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clipper said:

oh sweet jesus I hope Rich Evans's theory is WRONG

:facepalm:

The more i listened to what he said the more i was thinking. Shit, he might be right!

2 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

The more i listened to what he said the more i was thinking. Shit, he might be right!

I know - he was wrong about the Romulans/Borg in Season 1 but that last bit saying Look Up gave me the fear that he might be right.

So I think we are in the realms of it being inbetween

a) There will be some connection there even if not the full crazy - in which case it's fucking awful

or

b) He is spot on and i facepalm so hard i forget Star Trek TNG

But I hope he is wrong.

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

It makes so much sense though. I hadn't thought of it before but was like, oh no. Oh no.

6 hours ago, Benny said:

It makes so much sense though. I hadn't thought of it before but was like, oh no. Oh no.

It's horrifying. They couldn't. Thinks of Discovery. Oh God, they could

On 09/03/2022 at 15:37, Clipper said:

Oh god. I don't even pick up on what that character said to Picard on the bridge of the Stargazer. This is all making awful, terrible sense.

"Supervising producer" on the first episode is all I see credited. So he might have been who held the first episode together into being not entirely terrible, you never know.

On 12/03/2022 at 11:54, Benny said:

"Supervising producer" on the first episode is all I see credited. So he might have been who held the first episode together into being not entirely terrible, you never know.

He was a writer on the first series as well

23 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

WOTBOTW

:lol:

Sounds weird when you put it like that, but true enough. They’ve been telling us repeatedly that they’ve done all the ‘good’ bad videos, but it’s never been quite as apparent to me as it is now. 

On 15/03/2022 at 02:12, Garibaldi said:

Switched off after about ten minutes of that BOTW. They really are down to the dregs of bad videos now. 

Wheel of the Worst has always been the absolute dregs though, hasn't it? Compared to the normal Best of the Worst where they at least watch movies rather than a keep fit video for OAPs.