rllmuk
Nespresso

Red Letter Media Fan Club

On 2-2-2018 at 12:51, VN1X said:

Yeah I agree, the latest BotW was kind of lacklustre. 

However, this one is not! :D

"Do you need your oxygen tank?" fuckin' slayed me. They're all terrible people. :lol:

It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Regularly rewatched, just for the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre (iirc?) segment. Nearly in tears watching it the first time.

Oh no, now it beeps every 4 seconds!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Regularly rewatched, just for the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre (iirc?) segment. Nearly in tears watching it the first time.

Oh no, now it beeps every 4 seconds!

EmPalSuRecon!

They liked it, interesting chat on subverting your expectations and how that's very easy but what's harder is doing it in a way where you're more interested in what comes next - felt this achieved that and Last Jedi not so much.

Interesting parallel with a Star Trek TOS episode as well. 

the guy who wrote The Guest is the guest as they chat about The Guest. 

That film was good fun and had a fantastic soundtrack. Totally sold me on Dan Stevens as a terminator. 

• Upvote 1

RLM had their Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom review pulled for being a scam/deceptive practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMedia/comments/8tjpsk/jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_review_removed_for/?ref=readnext

It's since been re-named and is back up. Had the whole thing on in the background while I was hanging out the laundry. Very Andy Warhol. 

• Upvote 1

I've not always been the biggest fan of RLM, but I think the bit between 1:10 and 2:15 of this video is the funniest thing they've ever done:

• Upvote 2

On 26/06/2018 at 10:56, womblingfree said:

RLM had their Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom review pulled for being a scam/deceptive practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMedia/comments/8tjpsk/jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_review_removed_for/?ref=readnext

It's since been re-named and is back up. Had the whole thing on in the background while I was hanging out the laundry. Very Andy Warhol. 

They followed it up with this majesty. 

I’m amazed that Jurassic World gag video got taken down so quickly (and I saw when it first went up - it got taken off very quickly) seeing as how they did the same gag with THREE videos for Transformers The Last Knight, and I never saw them get taken down.

On 05/07/2018 at 23:51, George Clooney said:

I’m amazed that Jurassic World gag video got taken down so quickly (and I saw when it first went up - it got taken off very quickly) seeing as how they did the same gag with THREE videos for Transformers The Last Knight, and I never saw them get taken down.

I'm so confused. I saw the original video before it was taken down and it was just a regular Half in the Bad review with some funny skits? Why was it taken down? 

3 hours ago, revlob said:

You didn't see the original video.

But when it was uploaded it didn't have any comments or a description relating to a previous takedown. 

On 13/07/2018 at 20:15, Monkeyboy said:

This is a wonderful informative chat about a masterpiece.

A few interestings things about Rob Bottin, the FX supervisor on the film. He was 23 at the time of the production (!!!) and he apparently encouraged his team to drop acid during the conceptual stages. Apparently the 'flower' that emerges from the dog thing is one of the products of these sessions.

• Upvote 4